Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse via TMZ

Mocountyskins

Chris Carter was very emotional on ESPN today...Praised his mother for doing the best she could raising 7 kids but that he has realized she was wrong in a lot of ways and he would never treat his kids the way he was treated as a kid. 

I saw it after the fact this morning, and it really was something to see.

Since he is on M&M so much, I would pay money to listen to them have AP on while CC is in the studio. He was really fired up about this. That would be must-see TV, and hopefully Adrian would learn the same lesson that Cris was echoing in that clip.

What a ****ing home.

The Vikings sat him for a game? The douchebag spokesman said it wasn't up to them to decide if it was abuse or discipline.

I agree. It's up to the ****ing justice system who decided to arrest him and the grand jury who decided to bring him to trial.

But you know, gotta win and make money!

To be fair it looks like bes in the clear on the second allegation.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/15/adrian-peterson-second-child-abuse-investigation-houston-minnesota-vikings-nfl/

5:05 PM PT -- Sources close to the investigation tell TMZ the reason the case went nowhere is because Adrian did NOT strike the boy in the forehead -- but instead the child accidentally hit his head on a carseat while Adrian was punishing him. 

We're also told the form of discipline was "not impermissible." Under Texas law parents are allowed to administer reasonable punishment.

I hate ranking acts of violence, but yes. To me, anything involving children is on another level

I tend to feel the same way.

I'm not sure if I could tell you why exactly. Maybe because the children are innocent, but it seems to me the battered spouse is innocent too.  Maybe because of the damage done to children psychologically, but it seems to me that applies to the abused spouse too.

I guess someone might argue that hitting the children is discipline, but I bet wife beaters use the same rationale.  

Maybe they are basically the same sort of thing.  It seems to me that if one is bad, then the other is too, unless somebody can explain otherwise.

Archived