Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse via TMZ

Mocountyskins

Just by looking at the pictures and reading what the boy said, Peterson is done. Prison awaits him, as he went way over the line.

This will spark a conversation on parent discipline and child abuse, like the Rice incident sparked a conversation on domestic violence.

While beating your kids to discipline them was acceptable while most of were us growing up, it's becoming more unacceptable today. Though if you go around the country and world, it is still there.

I remember the wooden spoon, the belt, the stick, tree branch, or sometimes just beating me with their hands. It was mostly my mom, the rare occasion my dad beat me; it was for something pretty bad I did. I guess it worked as a kid, don't remember. The older I got, it didn't work at all and made me hate my parents.  I remember once when I was 6 I think, my mom stripped me naked and locked me out of the house.    Remember getting paddled in the first grade,alot by a mean teacher.

My sister got mad at my spoiled 18 year old niece and hit her. All, it did was make my niece hate her more.

A little light spanking is fine but when you get to the point where you are physically or even mentally hurting your child, it's much. It seems that Adrian beat his child while he was enraged for whatever his son did.  Never a good result and Peterson will now go to jail and his son will probably grow to hate him.

You guys who are getting older like me ever notice some role reversal between you and your dad? Like, now it's me sneaking into his room in the middle of the night to play with his penis. Life is funny man. Make-a da world go round.

Ok, I'm going to chalk it up to me being pretty tired and having some alcohol in my system, but I'm truly hoping that I'm reading this wrong.

You guys who are getting older like me ever notice some role reversal between you and your dad? Like, now it's me sneaking into his room in the middle of the night to play with his penis. Life is funny man. Make-a da world go round.

I literally can't stop laughing. Disgusting image, man. 

On second thought, we shouldn't be joking about child molestation, though. I'm assuming you were joking, of course.  :unsure: 

So you have a kid beaten to death a year ago and now you're beating your 4 yr old until he bleeds?? Screw this animal. I hope he never plays another down of football and gets jail time. Maybe he can spend that time being a dad to 1 or 2 of the 10 kids he has with how ever many women. Honestly, this is a lot worse than Ray rice or Michael Vick in my opinion.

Wait...what?...huh?...did you?...aww **** it.

Son? Is that you?

This case was brought before a grand jury and no charges were filed.  Then the case was re-filed and a grand jury accepted the charges?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-charges-werent-pursued-by-grand-jury-first-time/

That seems strange to me.  Why would the first grand jury not file charges if those pics are indeed real?

I'm certainly skeptical and disgusted like everyone else, but I would like to see the man get his due process.  This trying everyone in the court of public opinion without all the facts is becoming a bit too standard for my tastes.

I think they need to more clear in the description...

AP dished out corporal punishment via spanking/switching whatever you want to call it.  It was not a beating.  I think in general people get different image in their mind when you use those words...

I have two kids and I do not spank my kids but IMHO its your family's choice for discipline as long as it goes not turn into a "beating".  I would like to add non-physical discipline can turn in child abuse as well if you across the line. 

Of course, we need to get more facts of the case overall but please don't make this into a "zero-tolerance" fiascos.

This case was brought before a grand jury and no charges were filed.  Then the case was re-filed and a grand jury accepted the charges?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-charges-werent-pursued-by-grand-jury-first-time/

That seems strange to me.  Why would the first grand jury not file charges if those pics are indeed real?

I'm certainly skeptical and disgusted like everyone else, but I would like to see the man get his due process.  This trying everyone in the court of public opinion without all the facts is becoming a bit too standard for my tastes.

I live in Houston so I still remember when Houston PD tried to put an assault charges against AP few years back only to find that AP was just a bystander or acting in self defense.  Cant remember.

Who know why these guys were trying so hard to get somethign on AP but like I said in my previous post.. many there are more facts in this story that we are not aware of.

My kids are 22 and 16. They were raised as follows

#1 we never EVER slap or smacked them in the face. To a child this IS their identity. I believe that they perceive it as an attack on them personally.

We had three rules I our home that ALWAYS resulted in a whippin. (3 strokes with a belt). Intensity depends on severity of the infraction.

Rules

1 you DO NOT lie to your parents. If you lie you don't allow us to do our job and prevent us from helping you or teaching you in the lesson you need to learn.

2) you DO NOT disrespect adults. It is wrong to do and makes us look like bad parents.

3) you DO NOT disobey a direct order from parents. Many lessons will be taught that you won't understand why until later. Sometimes these orders are for your own protection.

There is no discussion or bargaining around these three rules. The result will be a consistent whippin.

All other issues will be handled in other manners. I can count on one hand how many times I had to whip my kids. Boh honor role students. One in college, the other on the way.

When my son got old enough we would go throw a ball and discuss "issues". When daughter got old enough we would discuss things at a time when we would take a walk or during some other activity.

Worked out well enough.

Now I have a new family and a 4yr old girl 3yr old girl and a 1yr old boy. I will be using the same methods with them.

On the other hand. ... the wife gets spanked regularly. She will do stuff on purpose to get into trouble lol. But that's a whole other story.

why is he in texas? wouldnt he have been in Minnesota this week with the team to prepare for a game? why not just take him into custody in Minnesota? maybe im just not understanding how the law works in this situation (my dads a lawyer so he would know) but it just seems strange.

The "crime" that he is accused of happned in Texas as understand it during offseason.  AP lives in Texas during his offseason as it is the state he is from.  I am not sure but I think Texas could request for Minnisota to arrest him in that state but why go through the hoopla when the accused is willing to fly back to Texas to face the charges.

I don't believe in spanking either but don't tell my kids that

LOL

I was beaten like a rented mule, swore I would never be like that

it is appropriate at times,but there are usually much better ways to correct them.....welts on a 4 yr old is plainly 

So, what is the difference between hitting your small child and hitting your wife?

you wife would shoot you?

excessive

LOL

I was beaten like a rented mule, swore I would never be like that

Me too. It never taught me anything other than to fear my parents. I think it's affected our relationship as adults

But I think there are methods of spanking that can work. But who knows parenting is extremely tough and some kids are just really difficult. I have been blessed with two great kids but I see some of their friends and think "Good Lord that kid needs a spanking" lol

Well this is not looking good for Peterson

I don't have strong feelings towards parents who choose to engage in corporal punishment but this sounds like abuse

Yea I feel you. Im really not effected either way and like most subjects my opinion is someplace in the middle...but once I read he has a 'Whipping room' It got a little sick. Thats some weird stuff right there. The kind to destroy your legacy and embarrass anyone involved with you.

Hope for footballs sake he just went a little overboard. Hope for the kids sake he stops this mess.

IMO if AP doesn't get a year long suspension, in the wake of Rice, people are going to lose it even more and Goodell will be ousted immediately.

What if he is found not guilty? If the jury gets stacked with a bunch of people like we have seen in this thread that were treated the same way as children and don't have a problem with it, it could happen. I hear he has a super slick lawyer. The response to this has not been nearly as universal as the Rice case. I have seen a decent chunk of posters here and other places saying "Maybe he went a little too far, but he should be allowed to discipline his children however he sees fit."

Rice at least plead guilty to a crime. If AP gets off what grounds does Goodell have to do anything?

Archived