Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON: Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely

TK

Just a sad situation. We knew Merriweather and Clark were your starters. But this hurts. I really wanted him to get it this time. Had all the tools at his disposal. He could have hired a full time chef. He could have used the team trainers to help him get any vitamins or whatever. But I don't know. I hope he finds peace down the road. His NFL career is over.

This is from ****ing 3 days ago in the news section.

http://es.redskins.com/topic/379745-pft-tanard-jackson-humbled-hopeful-he-can-make-most-of-opportunity/

“Going from playing football to working in a warehouse at a 9-to-5 job is a humbling experience,’’ he said last month. “It’s taught me to never take anything in this business for granted.’’

Rambo must be relieved, though.

But it hasn't actually been revealed what he tested positive for though, right?  Or is that the assumption that it's weed?  I mean, the guy's been outta football for 2 years, and even complained that he wasn't in that great of shape, it could very well be PEDs to get back up to speed.

I think the language the NFL uses to announce suspensions is different for "performing enhancing drugs" than it is for "substances of abuse."  So, without knowing the specific drug, we know the suspension was for  something in the family of cocaine; marijuana; opiates and opioids; methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA); or phencyclidine (PCP)  etc. rather than for PEDs.

****, I first saw this on ES and I'm thinking "Who the hell resurrected this thread?".

I'm really naive sometimes for a 40 year old.

I hope someone really steps up at safety this year.

Well, Hawgboy I did check the original post date several times to make sure it wasn't the one started in 2012!

This is just making us look bad now. Complete joke.

How is it making us look bad.  OMG the sky is falling.  He was risk when we acquired him from the Bucs.  Happens all the time.  He has an addiction.  He can't stop doing it and anything you can't stop doing painlessly is an addiction. 

There are tons of athletes over the years that have lost their careers to drugs or other things.  I think it is a shame but does not make us look bad.

Sure seems like the Skins have had a large number of player suspensions in recent years. Especially for an organization that likes to tout how the foundation of the team is being built with such high character guys...

Well, here are the facts. Under the Bruce Allen controlled Skins we have had only one suspension, and that is now Tanard Jackson. And to be fair, the Cancer Known as Mike Shanahan brought him in along with Raheem Morris who recommended and wanted Jackson.

yes Fred Davis is gone, So is Jackson, and Jenkins has a suspension last year for using some form of enhancement or HGH but that is not quite the same as coke or grass or drunk driving or a shooting in a bar....so I think we are pretty safe all around at this point. The only suspension possibilty on the horizon at this point could be Brandon Merriweather for leading with his helmet...and I will speak to him about that next week.

Will wait to judge. Knowing Mara and Goodell it could be for allergy medication and not weed. What's worse is these are usually not made public until all appeals are exhausted which means he potentially stayed clean for what... Two weeks?

How is it making us look bad.  OMG the sky is falling.  He was risk when we acquired him from the Bucs.  Happens all the time.  He has an addiction.  He can't stop doing it and anything you can't stop doing painlessly is an addiction. 

There are tons of athletes over the years that have lost their careers to drugs or other things.  I think it is a shame but does not make us look bad.

I disagree with you and I agree with the others that this does reflect on the Redskins. This team went out and picked up a drug addict and even after he was suspended...they picked him up yet again. Great that they give people an opportunity to redeem themselves...but you have to accept facts. They did indeed bring a known druggie aboard and here he is again doing drugs while he is a member of the Washington Redskins. You say it doesn't make the team look bad....even while some of us are saying to you that this team looks bad in our opinion. And if you read some other boards and media...you can find the same thing so it is a black eye even though it is a small black eye....and now we can move on.

Clearly Tanard has a problem. If it didn't happen now it was going to happen later. Now other guys can get his reps and get more acquainted with the system. I'd rather see this in July than August, September, October, November, December or January.

Having said that, it's sad for Tanard, and man that guy has some talent. I wish him the best in his journey back into the league.

Archived