Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TC: North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un Officially Condemns James Franco And Seth Rogen

JMS

Right. So somebody picked Sony and what probably is going to be a not so good movie to frame North Korea with? Now that's reaching.

I don't think they framed them.

I think it's an easy out for an official story. I didn't really ever think that North Korea was much into cyber warfare. Sony has been hit many times before, particularly PSN. It's never been North Korea to hit Sony in the past.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/21/world/asia/north-korea-us-sony/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

CNN) -- North Korea is accusing the U.S. government of being behind the making of the movie "The Interview."

And, in a dispatch on state media, the totalitarian regime warns the United States that U.S. "citadels" will be attacked, dwarfing the hacking attack on Sony that led to the cancellation of the film's release.

While steadfastly denying involvement in the hack, North Korea accused U.S. President Barack Obama of calling for "symmetric counteraction."

"The DPRK has already launched the toughest counteraction. Nothing is more serious miscalculation than guessing that just a single movie production company is the target of this counteraction. Our target is all the citadels of the U.S. imperialists who earned the bitterest grudge of all Koreans," a report on state-run KCNA read.

*Click Link For More*

I can't believe this isn't going to be released.  Clooney's right, we capitulated to Kim Jong ****ing Un of all people.  Good Lord.

Again, it's important to keep in mind that the call to not release the move was made by the Sony Corporation in Japan, not the USA arm of Sony. The decision to not show the movie is on the shoulders of the theaters. Semantics, I know...

Just saw an article stating Anonymous plans to leak the movie if it's not released on Christmas. We'll see how this plays out...

Fareed Zakaria made an interesting point - how would we have reacted if instead of NK it had been Iran that was offended by a silly comedy and took the same actions?

Different. You can't react to every country the same because they are all different. Iran's situation is completely different then NKs.

Anyone done a poll as to % of Americans that were, compared to now will, planning to see the movie? I was a "probably no" to now wanting to see it.

I'm tempted to buy a ticket just support it because I hate the idea of other countries using hacks to push their censorship. Not sure if I'll actually see it though. James Franco is more annoying than funny these days, and I'm not sure that he's entirely of sound mind. Seth Rogan is becoming an argument for moderation when it comes to smoking weed.

I did like This is The End though. The fact that that movie actually got funded might be funnier than the movie.

http://gizmodo.com/north-koreas-internet-is-totally-screwed-right-now-1674118374

Update (2:40 p.m.): Madory later told The New York Times, "Their networks are under duress. This is consistent with a DDoS attack on their routers." The paper's Nicole Perlroth explains the details:

North Korea does very little commercial or government business over the Internet. The country officially has 1,024 Internet protocol addresses, though the actual number may be somewhat higher. By comparison, the United States has billions of addresses.

North Korea's addresses are managed by Star Joint Venture, the state-run Internet provider, which routes many of those connections through China Unicom, China's state-owned telecommunications company.

By Monday morning, those addresses had gone dark for over an hour.

As a researcher from CloudFlare told the Times: North Korea's network is "toast."

"I told you not to press enter........yet." 

"What?" 

Archived