Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TC: North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un Officially Condemns James Franco And Seth Rogen

JMS

Seems like major theater chains were already backing off showing it.  Maybe they figured a PR stunt to elicit Predicto-type reactions might be better than just the limited release they were stuck with...

Part of me hopes its some Sony marketing exec deciding the movie sucked and creating the "Guardians of Peace" work themselves... a sort of Hollywood Operation Northwoods.

Wow, Predicto denied.

Attributed to Variety 40 minutes ago (~7:30pm) as posted on IMDB:

"Sony has decided against releasing “The Interview” in any form — including VOD or DVD.

“Sony Pictures has no further release plans for the film,” a spokesman said Wednesday.

The studio issued the statement a few hours after pulling the planned Christmas Day release of “The Interview” in response to the hackers who threatened movie theaters and moviegoers if the comedy were released."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/world/asia/us-links-north-korea-to-sony-hacking.html

U.S. Links North Korea to Sony Hacking

WASHINGTON — American intelligence officials have concluded that the North Korean government was “centrally involved” in the recent attacks on Sony Pictures’s computers, a determination reached just as Sony on Wednesday canceled its release of the comedy, which is based on a plot to assassinate Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader.

Senior administration officials, who would not speak on the record about the intelligence findings, said the White House was still debating whether to publicly accuse North Korea of what amounts to a cyberterrorism campaign. Sony’s decision to cancel release of “The Interview” amounted to a capitulation to the threats sent out by hackers this week that they would launch attacks, perhaps on theaters themselves, if the movie was released.

*Click Link for more*

The only thing I can think of is that NK has some serious **** on the high ups of Sony like a child sex ring or that Sony is personally buying chemical weapons and giving them as gifts to Iran or that the higher ups are all children of Nazi SS officers and they display their swastikas proudly in their homes or something

I mean bomb threats happen all the time at schools they just call the police and people still go to school. So they must have some really deep **** on Sony that would cost them way more than 44mil in damages

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/17/politics/obama-sony-north-korea-hack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Obama: 'Go to the movies'

Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama says Americans should "go to the movies" without fear, despite hackers' threats against venues that show a controversial film that Sony has now decided to pull.

Sony announced Wednesday that it won't release the film -- a comedy called "The Interview" that portrays an attempt to assassinate North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un -- following hackers' threats to attack movie theaters that show it.

But Obama suggested in an interview with ABC News that the threats aren't credible.

click link for more

Wow, Predicto denied.

Attributed to Variety 40 minutes ago (~7:30pm) as posted on IMDB:

"Sony has decided against releasing “The Interview” in any form — including VOD or DVD.

“Sony Pictures has no further release plans for the film,” a spokesman said Wednesday.

The studio issued the statement a few hours after pulling the planned Christmas Day release of “The Interview” in response to the hackers who threatened movie theaters and moviegoers if the comedy were released."

Maybe the execs viewed the final cut, realized it would flop, and decided they would prefer to kill it this way.

Nah, this is just weak sauce.

PR stunt.

I could understand that, if they released the thing. 

"Coming Christmas Day:  The movie the terrorists don't want you to see!!!  Show them what Americans are made of!  Go out there and give a foreign corporation your money!" 

But I have trouble figuring out how this "PR stunt" is going to help them, if they don't release the thing. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/17/steve-carell-movie-cancelled-following-sony-hack

New Regency Pictures has cancelled Pyongyang, a Steve Carell-starring film set in North Korea.

Based on a graphic novel by Guy DeLisle, Pyongyang was to be a "paranoid thriller" about a Westerner's experiences working in North Korea for a year. Gore Verbinski had been prepping to begin filming in March, according to TheWrap.

The only thing I can think of is that NK has some serious **** on the high ups of Sony like a child sex ring or that Sony is personally buying chemical weapons and giving them as gifts to Iran or that the higher ups are all children of Nazi SS officers and they display their swastikas proudly in their homes or something

I mean bomb threats happen all the time at schools they just call the police and people still go to school. So they must have some really deep **** on Sony that would cost them way more than 44mil in damages

I'm actually kind of wondering. Must be some really bad ****

Now I want to know

Yup. My guess is that Sony has something extremely embarrassing and/or potentially illegal that they desperately don't want released.

Archived