Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TC: North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un Officially Condemns James Franco And Seth Rogen

JMS

The Gaurdians of Peace, the hackers who attacked Sony are saying they will go 9/11 on all theaters that show this movie.

No doubt this is a North Korean direacted attack on Sony.  I hope this movie sells millions, though if more chains drop it; that might be hard.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/12/17/new-york-premiere-of-north-korea-comedy-canceled-after-threats/21117422/?icid=maing-grid7|aol20-os|dl5|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D583753

:D

North Korea WILL get to see Kim Jong-un assassination movie The Interview, as activists plan to send copies of DVD over the border attached to helium balloons 

North Korean defectors are planning to attach DVDs of The Interview to 15-foot helium balloons, which they will send over the border into their home country.

Fighters for a Free North Korea, led by former government propagandist Park Sang Hak, has for years used the tactic to smuggle transistor radios, DVDs and leaflets into North Korea.

If all goes to plan, the latest move will see dozens of copies of the Seth Rogen movie released from South Korea and drifting for several hours before scattering over Pyongyang.

continued......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2877471/North-Korea-Kim-Jong-assassination-movie-Interview-activists-plan-send-copies-DVD-border-attached-helium-balloons.html

I don't know what the hell Rogen was thinking making a movie like this. I'm sure it's funny but man stay out of the political controversy business. One day you might mysteriously die of a phantom heart attack.

I really have nothing against this movie being made.  I believe in freedom of speech, satire, etc.  That said, the fact that they called it North Korea initially surprised me.  I could see this movie being made in the 1960's, but it would have been Maxwell Smart or a agent called Flint going after the evil leader of North Cornea.

The British are a much more forgiving people.  We offed the entire royal line in King Ralph, and put a drunken American on the throne in his place.  And forced Peter O'Toole to cater to him.  If relations can overcome that, they can overcome a mock assassination.

I went to a live Bill Maher show back in March and Seth Rogan was unexpectedly shooting a scene for this movie that night. The audience was used as extras at the end of Real Time while Bill read a few lines from the movie. Seth Rogan was there about 10 feet away from us. It was pretty cool and the movie looks pretty funny

I went to a live Bill Maher show back in March and Seth Rogan was unexpectedly shooting a scene for this movie that night. The audience was used as extras at the end of Real Time while Bill read a few lines from the movie. Seth Rogan was there about 10 feet away from us. It was pretty cool and the movie looks pretty funny

that's awesome, i saw that episode LOL

In a statement published by the state-run KCNA news agency, a foreign ministry spokesman characterized Rogen as a "gangster filmmaker" and called upon the US to block the film...

Uhh, that's not our thing.  Free speech and all.  That's something your country does.  And apparently, quite a lot.  

The Gaurdians of Peace, the hackers who attacked Sony are saying they will go 9/11 on all theaters that show this movie.

No doubt this is a North Korean direacted attack on Sony.  I hope this movie sells millions, though if more chains drop it; that might be hard.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/12/17/new-york-premiere-of-north-korea-comedy-canceled-after-threats/21117422/?icid=maing-grid7|aol20-os|dl5|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D583753

Better off just leaving the link.

What would be the opinion in the US if another country made a movie with the same plot, and actually used the real sitting president as a character such as Barack Obama? Would we view it with animosity?

I'm pretty sure that's a daily occurrence on NK State Run Tv

Ad I don't understand the hate for these guys. Pineapple Express was hilarious

Apparently the top theater chains are now postponing the opening of the movie.

I'm shocked, even appalled they are taking this serious.

First, it's a bunch of hackers named the Guardians of Peace. Second, no one on Earth has their panties that much in a bunch that they would carry out terrorist attacks over a movie they haven't seen. Certainly not North Koreans, lol.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I wonder how much these kids were paid...

Apparently the top theater chains are now postponing the opening of the movie.

I'm shocked, even appalled they are taking this serious.

First, it's a bunch of hackers named the Guardians of Peace. Second, no one on Earth has their panties that much in a bunch that they would carry out terrorist attacks over a movie they haven't seen. Certainly not North Koreans, lol.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I wonder how much these kids were paid...

Complete and total cowardice and submission to terrorism. Carmike cinemas should be ashamed

It's true. From the link. 

With theater chains defecting en masse, Sony Pictures Entertainment has pulled the planned Christmas release of “The Interview.”

In announcing the decision to cancel the holiday debut, Sony hit back at the hackers who threatened movie theaters and moviegoers and who have terrorized the studio and its employees for weeks.

“Those who attacked us stole our intellectual property, private emails, and sensitive and proprietary material, and sought to destroy our spirit and our morale – all apparently to thwart the release of a movie they did not like,” the statement reads.

“We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public,” it continues. “We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome.”

Link won't open on my phone. Please tell me this isn't true

Edit: Park City beat me to it, text deleted

ETA: to zoony's question, from the article: "The studio did not say it would never release the picture theatrically. Insiders tell Variety it is exploring all options, including offering the picture on premium video-on-demand as a way to recoup at least some of its investment."

Archived