Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TC: North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un Officially Condemns James Franco And Seth Rogen

JMS

If you google up Sony 7th cache,you get some interesting results. And plentiful. Apparently the group "Guardians of the Peace" have promised even more. Things that make you go hmmmm.

What's this about a power point file? Hmmmm

Seriously, I'd like to see us retaliate. Shut those Pyongyang ****s down.

ya know, I think the only reason that the movie theatres are deciding to not release the movie at all is because of the threats...i mean, if they were to release this film, then the people actually followed up with the threats, these movie theatres would be sued for putting customers at risk.

i was actually looking forward to seeing this movie though...

And now movies are getting scrapped because Hollywood is scared of North Korea. 

http://gawker.com/new-regency-quietly-cancels-steve-carells-upcoming-nort-1672588056

Looks like Sony isn't the only entertainment company self-censoring—according to reports, a green-lit Steve Carell-anchored thriller was indefinitely shelved, thanks entirely to the film's North Korea-centric plot.

According to Deadline, Pyongyang was a paranoid thriller developed as a "star vehicle" for Carell by director Gore Verbinski. Based on a graphic novel by Guy Delisle—a cartoonist who spent time in the country on a work visa— the film follows an American who is accused of espionage.

Production was scheduled to begin in March, but New Regency pulled the plug Wednesday, claiming Twentieth Century Fox had reneged on their distribution agreement.

Carell called the entertainment industry's willingness to collectively **** its pants over an anonymous threat on the internet, "a sad day for creative expression."

I'd love for another hacker group threaten sony et al with more data breaches and cyberattacks if they DONT release it now.

This is absurd

We have Americans companies bowing to the insane whims of North Korea?

Beyond absurd

Where are those anonymous guys when you need them? This pisses me off more than it should

Bunch of pussies

What would be the opinion in the US if another country made a movie with the same plot, and actually used the real sitting president as a character such as Barack Obama? Would we view it with animosity?

Doubt we'd care. Certainly wouldn't view it as an act of war. Our government also isn't from the Medieval Ages and isn't so insecure as to need the dog-like belief in their divinity among its people to prop up its legitimacy.

People are missing the point when you respond "oh well, movie looked dumb", you realize the strongest country in the world just gave into North Korea? Freaking North Korea! So what do we do if the hack the NFL servers and say we hate football and all that BS? We just gonna give into them again? 

Its a joke that they pulled the movie. 

People are missing the point when you respond "oh well, movie looked dumb", you realize the strongest country in the world just gave into North Korea? Freaking North Korea! So what do we do if the hack the NFL servers and say we hate football and all that BS? We just gonna give into them again? 

Yah some pretty stupid comments from many. Quite frankly unbelievable to me

Movie did look dumb, but now I want to see it.  NK just did Rogen and Franco a big favor, actually.  

Movie probably would have flopped and if they were lucky it would have done well when it went to DVD, RedBox and Netflix.  Now I'd like to see it.

Pretty ****ty that Sony did this.  Giving into NK is inexcusable.

so, now that the "sep 11, 2001" threats are no longer credible, shouldn't Sony tuck tail and just release it everywhere?  They already look like morons, might as well do the right thing.  Whip out that big American penis and show the damn movie.

Beyond absurd

Where are those anonymous guys when you need them? This pisses me off more than it should

Bunch of pussies

Think about all of the movies that would not have been released had we taken this type of position back in the day.

Hell, Rocky 4 had a Gorbachev look-a-like, and it was seriously stereotyped.

Pitiful. What happened this Country having the balls to stand up for our freedoms.

I don't think we are all missing that point, just adding that into the commentary of the discussion.

Archived