Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per @Edwerderespn (Ed Werder Twitter) - Cowboys LB Sean Lee has Torn ACL

CRobi21

https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/471471577922830336

Nothing official from Cowboys, but league sources say Sean Lee told MRI confirms torn ACL in left knee and expected to miss 2014 season

Rotoworld has heard the same as well:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/288392/Report-Cowboys

Can't help but feel for the guy. Love watching him play.

Injuries suck, especially season ending ones, especially in freaking OTA's before even the preseason starts. I feel sorry for the player, but I can't bring myself to feel sorry for the Cowboys. If that makes me insensitive, so be it.

As a football fan I hate this. Lee is a great player when he is on the field. He also seems like a good guy. You hate to see injuries like this happen to anyone.

I hope he can get back on the field. The game can use him. Lee is fun to watch.

Remember when Phillip Daniels was lost for the season at the first practice of training camp?...He jumped over another DLineman (I think) who was on the ground and when he landed he tore his ACL. Then in the afternoon practice that same day, his backup was lost for the season as well.

Never a good feeling when a player is lost for the season...the NFL, players and fans, are a family. Hate to see someone have their careers threatened due to injury.

I loved watching Sean play at Penn St. After his right ACL in 08 he partially tore that left ACL in 09 poor guy. Even though he plays on the Cowpies I liked seeing him play.

It only was a matter of when not if it would give out with how physical this game is, hoping he has a speedy recovery and returns to form next year.

Remember when Phillip Daniels was lost for the season at the first practice of training camp?...He jumped over another DLineman (I think) who was on the ground and when he landed he tore his ACL. Then in the afternoon practice that same day, his backup was lost for the season as well.

Never a good feeling when a player is lost for the season...the NFL, players and fans, are a family. Hate to see someone have their careers threatened due to injury.

Who could forget.  The knee-jerk reaction was to trade for Jason Taylor.....

On topic, this is horrible news for Lee.  Pretty damn good player.

I thought roid use is more associated with muscle tears not ligaments

I always thought it was the ligaments and tendons b/c steroids can't strengthen those...I could be wrong, I'm not a doctor, I don't play one on TV, and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

The Cowboys just lost their best player on defense. With the loss of Hatcher and Ware as well in FA, this could be a trying year defensively for the Cowboys.

That being said...they'll still play like the '92-'93 defense against us.

I think it's too broad of a generalization, to be honest.

Hankerson has injury issues, and I'd be shocked if he juiced. Lee is in good physical shape, but he doesn't look like a freak of nature (not that you have to when on Roids).

I'm always careful when I think about insinuating someone is on something. It's basically slander unless it's fact (which, I'll point out, zoony didn't actually say about Lee. He merely posted a thought/question).

Two interesting points from yesterday.

Cooley mentioned that if he tore an ACL in the offseason perhaps doing some other activity, he would wait to OTA's and go down early, thus keeping his pay coming. Not that this is the case here, but I just thought it was an interesting aside.

Second thought. OTA's Are supposed to be non-contact. Did theCowboys cross the line here? If so, will they be sanctioned by the NFL?

Archived