Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per @Edwerderespn (Ed Werder Twitter) - Cowboys LB Sean Lee has Torn ACL

CRobi21

I think it's too broad of a generalization, to be honest.

Hankerson has injury issues, and I'd be shocked if he juiced. Lee is in good physical shape, but he doesn't look like a freak of nature (not that you have to when on Roids).

I'm always careful when I think about insinuating someone is on something. It's basically slander unless it's fact (which, I'll point out, zoony didn't actually say about Lee. He merely posted a thought/question).

It's very broad but that's how ppl think. I don't think he's juicing btw.

That block looked a little excessive for OTAs IMO

The Cowboy's journey to 2-14 has begun.

Not even close.

Dallas will finish 8-8 like they do every year, we had the 4th worst defense in nfl history. The most injured defense in nfl history last year, still went 8-8 and was a kyle Orton pick away from the east.

The past 3 years .... 8-8. This year, 8-8 or 7-9.

Losing lee isn't a good thing. But he has never played an entire season and has only played in 57% of his career games.

I feel bad for the dude. Probably best defender in the east and maybe the best player. Bad news for the cowboys.

That's two years in a row Dallas lost a key defensive player on day one.

Last year, Tyrone Crawford was lost for the season during conditioning.

Losing lee isn't a good thing. But he has never played an entire season and has only played in 57% of his career games.

And he still lead LB's in the league in interceptions over the last 3 years with 11.  He'll be missed but it's not like we were on the fast track to the Super Bowl.  Our defense was still going to be terrible.

And he still lead LB's in the league in interceptions over the last 3 years with 11. He'll be missed but it's not like we were on the fast track to the Super Bowl. Our defense was still going to be terrible.

Don't disagree with you roger.

It's a huge blow.

But it amazes me how last week Dallas was picked by many to finish last. Now lee goes down, all of a sudden we were on the fast track to the NFC east and that's all ruined.

It's very broad but that's how ppl think. I don't think he's juicing btw.

That block looked a little excessive for OTAs IMO

I thought it looked excessive, too.

Didn't the Redskins get fined 1 year for 'excessive' contact? I have a good memory...it's just short

Not even close.

Dallas will finish 8-8 like they do every year, we had the 4th worst defense in nfl history. The most injured defense in nfl history last year, still went 8-8 and was a kyle Orton pick away from the east.

That's two years in a row Dallas lost a key defensive player on day one.

Last year, Tyrone Crawford was lost for the season during conditioning.

I agree--the offense is way too potent to not win 6-8 games. I also think they have a very good offensive line developing as well.

I agree--the offense is way too potent to not win 6-8 games. I also think they have a very good offensive line developing as well.

It's a top 5 offensive line and improving.

It's scary to think Tyron 23 - Leary 25 - Frederick 23 - Martin 23 .... All being on the same line for the next 5-10 years.

It's going to be the same for us as last year. We have a 12 win offense, with a 4 win defense. The average? 8-8.

If the defense can be in the 18-24 range, Dallas has a chance to win the east. They had the worst defense in the nfl by far, and almost won the division. Not saying we're going to take it, but for people to consider Dallas done is absurd.

They had the worst defense in the nfl by far, and almost won the division. Not saying we're going to take it, but for people to consider Dallas done is absurd.

Has that defense improved or gotten worse? I know you're without Ware, Hatcher, and now Lee this year. Who are the replacements for those? I know Ware's replacement was a 2nd round rookie, not sure about Hatcher, and Lee's replacement will likely be a rookie as well. Sounds more like a 2 win defense this year. 

Has that defense improved or gotten worse? I know you're without Ware, Hatcher, and now Lee this year. Who are the replacements for those? I know Ware's replacement was a 2nd round rookie, not sure about Hatcher, and Lee's replacement will likely be a rookie as well. Sounds more like a 2 win defense this year. 

I think we'll improve if for no other reason than the fact that the players have been in 'the system' for one extra year.  Plus, we were decimated on the defense last year by injuries.  I'm hopeful that the influx of talent in our Oline will give our offensive coaches the confidence to run the ball to protect the defense a bit more when we're either winning or in close games so that the defense can rest.

We had too many 3-and-outs last year while protecting leads because we tossed the ball around and stopped the clock.  Again...it's all wishful thinking at this point as our staff has yet to stick to the run outside of 2 or 3 games under Garrett.

Not even close.

I disagree.  The Cowboys were lucky last year.  They went 5-1 in the division largely because the Giants and Skins were just plain awful in 2013.  Unless the Cowboys can find a number of pushover teams on their schedule this season or their defense makes significant strides, they won't be going 8-8.

Terrible news.  Michael Vick is the only person in the NFL I don't really care what happens to him injury or dead.  Sean Lee looked like he was going to be beast if healthy.  Shame.  Time for the next guy to step up.

As much as I hate Dallas, this sucks to hear. I've always had an appreciation for Lee. Helluva player and seems like a decent guy.

Terrible news.  Michael Vick is the only person in the NFL I don't really care what happens to him injury or dead.  

Can I ask why? There are plenty of guys in the league who have done far worse things than participate in dog fighting (i.e murder other human beings). I don't condone what he did, but he's been nothing but a stand up guy since re-entering the league. He served his time. I just don't understand the everlasting hate from some people.

They 'promoted' Kiffin to 'asst head coach' and moved Marinelli to D-Coordinator. Not sure how much of a philosophical change it will be, but it can't be much worse that what we presented last year.

"Psst...its not the coordinator..."

-Rob Ryan

I disagree.  The Cowboys were lucky last year.  They went 5-1 in the division largely because the Giants and Skins were just plain awful in 2013.  Unless the Cowboys can find a number of pushover teams on their schedule this season or their defense makes significant strides, they won't be going 8-8.

I agree.  The Cowboys probably would've been a 6-10 team last year if they played in another division.  The Cowboys are going to be in for a long season.  I just hope there aren't any good QBs in next year's draft because I won't be surprised if the Cowboys are picking in the top 5.  One would have to be pretty optimistic to think the Cowboys can get eight wins this season.

Can I ask why? There are plenty of guys in the league who have done far worse things than participate in dog fighting (i.e murder other human beings). I don't condone what he did, but he's been nothing but a stand up guy since re-entering the league. He served his time. I just don't understand the everlasting hate from some people.

1- Vick organized an illegal interstate gambling ring that centered on dog fighting and created a venue for it on one of his properties. He did a great deal more than "participate in dog fighting". What he did is known as organized crime. If you did the same thing at the same time, you'd likely still be in prison. This is not to say that I agree with wanting him dead, that's crazy. I'm just annoyed at how what he did gets downplayed like it was no big deal.

2- Who are the murderers in the NFL? Honest question.

Honestly, if a person equates what Stalworth did to murder that person would be what is known as a moron.

He's probably referring to Stallworth and the old Rams LB whose name escapes me that killed people behind the wheel while driving impaired.

Leonard Little (DE)

As much as I hate Dallas, this sucks to hear. I've always had an appreciation for Lee. Helluva player and seems like a decent guy.

Can I ask why? There are plenty of guys in the league who have done far worse things than participate in dog fighting (i.e murder other human beings). I don't condone what he did, but he's been nothing but a stand up guy since re-entering the league. He served his time. I just don't understand the everlasting hate from some people.

Let's not step out of boundary here.  Are you suggesting I care about Aaron Hernandez?  Don't bring up players driving drunk and killing someone, that's stupid and everyone has made a stupid decision to drink and drive once or twice.  But what people don't think about doing accidentally, is accidentally blowing a dogs head off with a shotgun.  Accidentally electrocuting dogs.  Accidentally throwing beagles in cages with pitbulls to watch the terror.  That my friend takes very SICK individuals who will most likely continue on raping/murdering sprees when they step it up on the next crime.  Michael Vick didn't serve his time, he lost millions and made it right back jail or not.

Archived