Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grant Paulsen Twitter: Ryan Kerrigan suffered meniscus tear in week 3 loss to Detroit

Boss_Hogg

He played that long on a meniscus tear?! He could REALLY shorten his NFL career by doing that...I appreciate the heart and effort to gut it out...but Kerrigan ought to becareful. :/ The shanahan's certainly aren't worth jeopardizing your career over. Anywho, I hope he comes back strong next season. 

No, he's a fool for not learning from Griffin's mistake, and we don't have to agree on this one.  I respect Griffin for trying to gut out the seattle game, but I would not of blamed him if he pulled himself out after he retweeked it and **** started going downhill.  At that point he was asking for it.

Kerrigan is wrong here because he was first hand with the Griffin situation knowing Griffin was waiting for someone to pull him, said that, seeing how not sitting himself effected him all the way into next season hurting him and the team.  Just because Ryan got away with it this time doens't make it right.

No, he's not a fool.  He's a 24 year old that thinks he's invulnerable.  He also doesn't want a spot in Shanny's enormous, capricious doghouse by tapping out.  He's a freaking stud and he will have a big year next year with competent defensive coaching.

No he's not, he's stupid for playing the rest of the season with a knee injury like that that he knew needed surgery.  He could of made it worse, ala Griffin, and if the training staff knew this as well I want them gone, too.

We can't blast Griffin for trying to do this then praise Kerrigan for doing the same thing.

There's a difference between being hurt and being injured...

Not even remotely in the same category of injury. 

No, he's a beast.  Players should always want to play.  It's coaches jobs to shut them down for their own benefit, when necessary.

This is why I never blasted Griffin for wanting to play.  That drive has to be there, otherwise you end up with a bum like Cutler or Haynesworth.

I find myself more and more just quoting people who actually have a clue around here to praise them because it's becoming so difficult to find. Not to downplay it but it was a minor meniscus tear. Sometimes guys play with full tears of more important ligaments. Was he 100%? No, but football is football, if you can go you go. Hell, Romo sits to pee finished the game against us with herniated back. Romo sits to pee may be a lot of a things but he's earned at least some respect for all the **** he's played with. Still hate him with a passion but I do have respect. 

Thank you for having some sense. 

It depends on how damaged it was to say it wasn't a big deal.  Looking around after what some of ya'll said, it can be very uncomfortable with clicking and swelling at low extreme.  On the other end, this is the same injury that Derrick Rose just had in his other knee and ended Russell Westbrook's season last year during the playoffs.

The fact they just let him play pisses me off, and he could've rested it instead of getting surgery.  Just because that's the culture and whatever one else does doesn't make it anymore right in my eye.  I'll defend Ryan in the sense the season wasn't over after week 3, but that conversation absolutely should have happened after the vikings game, in which case the Shanny doghouse would not have even mattered given the countdown had already begun.

Is Kerrigan "injury prone" now, too? Sorry couldn't resist. Seems inevitable at the first sign of injury people want to throw the label out there.

Oh please.

We'll start the ass kissing with you as you used Kerrigan in your justification for why Orakpo was all world.

Kerrigan playing through an injury.  Something the overly-prestine 98 has never done.

Oh please.

We'll start the ass kissing with you as you used Kerrigan in your justification for why Orakpo was all world.

Kerrigan playing through an injury.  Something the overly-prestine 98 has never done.

I think you missed my sarcasm.

And it had little to do with Orakpo. :P

I think you missed my sarcasm.

And it had little to do with Orakpo. :P

And it should have little to do with Meriweather.

Meriweather missed almost a season and a half.

Kerrigan rarely misses snaps.

Surely a coach would see the difference :P:D

And it should have little to do with Meriweather.

Meriweather missed almost a season and a half.

Kerrigan rarely misses snaps.

Surely a coach would see the difference :P:D

Who said anything about Meriweather? It was a comment in general. It happens with every fanbase. Bills fans around me think every player who gets hurt is injury prone, too. Innocent comment gone wrong.

Who said anything about Meriweather? It was a comment in general. It happens with every fanbase. Bills fans around me think every player who gets hurt is injury prone, too. Innocent comment gone wrong.

Cheers bro.  You know I have nothing but love and respect for you.

Sorry to let you down Mr. S, anytime your teams go 0-3 on the previous day you wake a bit sour.  Apologies.

Archived