Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grant Paulsen Twitter: Ryan Kerrigan suffered meniscus tear in week 3 loss to Detroit

Boss_Hogg

Kerrigan said he played with a meniscus tear. Will have arthroscopic surgery. Said its 2-4 week recovery.

Others have also said that he got this in Week 3.

I figured this information would help calm some fears about Kerrigan falling off and by proxy impact people's view of how Orakpo played (many on here have said that even with Kerrigan at the other end he still didn't do THAT well).

Can't wait to see number 91 at full strength!

Random: See how RGIII was replaced on the right side of your screen (the website background for ES) by Kerrigan? Must be a knee injury thing.

Dude gutted out the season on one leg.  He's a beast.

No he's not, he's stupid for playing the rest of the season with a knee injury like that that he knew needed surgery.  He could of made it worse, ala Griffin, and if the training staff knew this as well I want them gone, too.

We can't blast Griffin for trying to do this then praise Kerrigan for doing the same thing.

There's a difference between being hurt and being injured...

No he's not, he's stupid for playing the rest of the season with a knee injury like that that he knew needed surgery.  He could of made it worse, ala Griffin, and if the training staff knew this as well I want them gone, too.

We can't blast Griffin for trying to do this then praise Kerrigan for doing the same thing.

There's a difference between being hurt and being injured...

No, he's a beast.  Players should always want to play.  It's coaches jobs to shut them down for their own benefit, when necessary.

This is why I never blasted Griffin for wanting to play.  That drive has to be there, otherwise you end up with a bum like Cutler or Haynesworth.

Anybody blasting Kerrigan needs to shut up. This is all on Shanahan again. He's never handled players with injuries correctly. Guys don't want to come out with injuries because Shanahan put them in the doghouse if they did. Then he would have a fit if the player didn't handle the injury the way they wanted to like he did with Laron Landry. There should be more than coaches being fired. The Training and PR staffs are a joke.

I agree, dude is a monster....I want guys on my team with the attitude that they want to play for this team no matter what! I want guys that are willing to sacrifice themselves for this team.

That being said I want a coaching staff smart enough to know when it is time to shut a player down.

Last season I was total fine with RGIII playing in a playoff game hurt. That is what champions due they don't sit down like Jay cutler. Chances to win titles do not come often look at what has happened to the Nats and the Skins Division champs and possible contenders one season not even making the playoffs the next, so when you have a chance for a championship even a small one you go for it.

But for Kerrigan to be playing with a chance to win nothing I put that on the coaches, thankfully they are gone.

Anybody blasting Kerrigan needs to shut up. This is all on Shanahan again. He's never handled players with injuries correctly. Guys don't want to come out with injuries because Shanahan put them in the doghouse if they did. Then he would have a fit if the player didn't handle the injury the way they wanted to like he did with Laron Landry. There should be more than coaches being fired. The Training and PR staffs are a joke.

Yea, ok. Sure. 

It was not smart, it takes more than the caveman attitude of "z0mG he'S a bEast!"  How'd that work out for RG3? 8+ months of rehab and one full season of bad play. He risked his ability to be a stud for a team that went 3-13. That's his fault, a lot can be blamed on Shanny...but not things like that. 

Aside from it not being smart at all, he was not playing well, at all. So where was the benefit of doing it?

No, he's a beast.  Players should always want to play.  It's coaches jobs to shut them down for their own benefit, when necessary.

This is why I never blasted Griffin for wanting to play.  That drive has to be there, otherwise you end up with a bum like Cutler or Haynesworth.

No, he's a fool for not learning from Griffin's mistake, and we don't have to agree on this one.  I respect Griffin for trying to gut out the seattle game, but I would not of blamed him if he pulled himself out after he retweeked it and **** started going downhill.  At that point he was asking for it.

Kerrigan is wrong here because he was first hand with the Griffin situation knowing Griffin was waiting for someone to pull him, said that, seeing how not sitting himself effected him all the way into next season hurting him and the team.  Just because Ryan got away with it this time doens't make it right.

Archived