Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny walks out on post game presser

TK

I'm not saying Mike deserves it.  I'm saying that Dan needs to do it so that prospective HC's will see he is a man of his word.  Who would come here if they say it will take X years to fix but don't believe they will be given the time?  It leads to stupid things like trading for McNabb.

What head coach would reasonably expect to be given a 5th year after posting the record Shanahan has in the first 4? Firing him would be an understandable decision to most HC candidates because they would expect the same to happen to them if they had the same poor results. Even if you need 5 years, being the worst team in the NFL your 4th year is not an acceptable point of progress.

This fan base is just some of the rudest I've seen.  I'm simply saying I don't think Mike was on board completely with the Griffin pick, hence the Cousins pick.  Cousins is more his style of QB. 

but, what does that mean? griffin was the QB we gave up a boatload for. shanny is the one calling all of the shots. 

why would shanny pick a QB he wasnt on board completely with if hes the one calling the shots?

heres what you originally posted-

It almost appeared to me he was forced to get RG3 and it wasn't a decision he agreed with.  When your head coach is the coach let him make the decisions. 

who made the decision to draft griffin? what makes you think shanny isnt calling the shots?

I'm not saying Mike deserves it.  I'm saying that Dan needs to do it so that prospective HC's will see he is a man of his word.  Who would come here if they say it will take X years to fix but don't believe they will be given the time?  It leads to stupid things like trading for McNabb.

I don't think I buy this.  Every NFL coach has been around the block.  No contract is guaranteed and they all know what 3-11 means, esp. with a healthy team.  More, this team hasn't been a few bounces from being competitive they've been embarrassed time and again.  It is fully possible that Snyder loses credibility if he keeps Shanahan.  After all, with 3 out of four losing seasons and a season that is historically bad, record breaking bad in his fourth, there is only one possible reason to keep him... or rather seven million reasons.  There are very, very few owners, gms or coaches who wouldn't expect or make a change under the conditions we've seen this year.

Mike did a great job with a healthy QB and was the NFC east champions last year.  This year QB play has been subpar and the defense has been atrocious.  He asked for five years and I think it's fair that Snyder give him the full five.  What coach is going to want to come here if we have an owner who won't honor his word.  He told Snyder don't hire me if you won't give me five years.  Lets see if he can turn it around. 

Sadly, I think last year was an anomaly. This team just is not "on the verge" of winning. The reason I don't give him the 5th year is simple, you waste another year of possible good results. You give Shanny another year to draft players that may not fit the next regime. You allow him to spend all of the cap space we have and we are then stuck with HIS players. If we are not on the right track, then you don't give him another year "just because".

I am serious, if I was on the team and I didn't get invited to dinner I might be offended which is why owners shouldn't have an open door policy for some players and not others.  We saw this with Portis, Arrington and now Griffen, it never works and has a negative impact on the team.

What are you, 12?

I don't think I buy this.  Every NFL coach has been around the block.  No contract is guaranteed and they all know what 3-11 means, esp. with a healthy team.  More, this team hasn't been a few bounces from being competitive they've been embarrassed time and again.  It is fully possible that Snyder loses credibility if he keeps Shanahan.  After all, with 3 out of four losing seasons and a season that is historically bad, record breaking bad in his fourth, there is only one possible reason to keep him... or rather seven million reasons.  There are very, very few owners, gms or coaches who wouldn't expect or make a change under the conditions we've seen this year.

So what does Dan lose by keeping him?  Maybe next year but that gets us a better pick the following year.  He doesn't loose $7m.  And he adds credibility as an owner that doesn't meddle.  I don't see a lot of long term downside for Danny.

Helu is nothing. He's a mid-round RB that gets picked every year. He's the Hankerson of RB's. Almost none of the mid-round guys have been "solid", except for maybe Perry Riley if your standards are low. But he'd look better next to someone other than ancient Fletcher, possibly.

If you think Helu is nothing, you know nothing. 

Rk Player Team Pos Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM

64 Roy Helu WAS RB 58 4.1 252 4.3 18.0 4 24 17 29.3 2 0 0

Those are damn good stats for a third down back playing behind Morris, who BTW only has 2 more TDs

Shanahan's out:

"Mike Shanahan is definitely out as head coach of the Washington Redskins at the end of this season, Jay Glazer reported on FOX NFL Sunday. .... But Glazer said that all of that is “just a game of chicken”. The two sides are posturing now, with three games left in the regular season. But when the season ends, Shanahan will be gone."

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/report-shanahan-out-following-end-season

I am serious, if I was on the team and I didn't get invited to dinner I might be offended which is why owners shouldn't have an open door policy for some players and not others.  We saw this with Portis, Arrington and now Griffen, it never works and has a negative impact on the team.

I would suggest anyone that is upset should remember back to their high school and college days when they were the stars of their teams and undoubtedly received the same type of treatments. Then I would suggest they grow a sack, be a man, accept life isn't fair and get over it.

So what does Dan lose by keeping him?  Maybe next year but that gets us a better pick the following year.  He doesn't loose $7m.  And he adds credibility as an owner that doesn't meddle.  I don't see a lot of long term downside for Danny.

LONG TERM DOWNSIDE?

LETS SEE - THAT MOTHER****ER QUIT ON THE TEAM AND ALIENATED THE PLAYERS.

What he loses is a huge chip towards getting the coach he wants.

Let's say you're a first tier coach.  I can come up to you and say, "Coach for me and you will have 40 million dollars to reshape the team in your image.  You get RGIII one year back from the knee injury and ready to return to form and probably the best back up in the NFL or if you like Cousins you got him."

Next year, you lose the 40 million in cap money and if we have another crap year, then Griffin enters bust territory... all you have going for you is a high number one.  In my book, RGIII, Garcon, Morris, Williams, Reed, plus 40 million bucks is a lot more attractive than 2 years of suckitude and a high number 1.

It's not the right time to answer the questions we all want to hear be answered. Shanny understands this and will address all of this in the offseason at the appropriate time. Things have been handled poorly, but there are two remaining games left on the schedule and involved must ride this out. Player's livelihoods are on the line in regards to staying in the league and/or earning a bigger salary. 

What he loses is a huge chip towards getting the coach he wants.

Let's say you're a first tier coach.  I can come up to you and say, "Coach for me and you will have 40 million dollars to reshape the team in your image.  You get RGIII one year back from the knee injury and ready to return to form and probably the best back up in the NFL or if you like Cousins you got him."

Next year, you lose the 40 million in cap money and if we have another crap year, then Griffin enters bust territory... all you have going for you is a high number one.  In my book, RGIII, Garcon, Morris, Williams, Reed, plus 40 million bucks is a lot more attractive than 2 years of suckitude and a high number 1.

All I have to say is......valid point. 

And this is why there are discussions.  I can't really argue this.  But if I were a prospective coach and saw Dan's track record, and saw him cut Mike early, I would have reservations about coming here.  Six of one, half dozen of another.

Can I ask you a question, why do you think Mike owes you or any of us as Redskins Fans, any answers?

Wait a tic...somewhat educated anti-conjecture monger fails to see the truth in deductive logic? Where have I heard this one before?

This lambasting goes beyond what he owes or doesn't owe. It's simple really...If I ask you a question relevant to you as a human being, be that your breakfast, your coaching decisions, or rumors surrounding your situation in even remote dens of otherwordly pubs, I'd matters little whether or not you answer a question....This is correct.

However. ..IT MEANS EVERYTHING based on what you do directly in response to said questions. Period. This is not up for debate...logic & philosophy 101. His reaction, from his facial expression, to the way his face changed color, to the refusal to respond, to cutting a session short to what end? To avoid more questions of that ilk? To give the impression that he's still got some semblance of control over the media? To make a reporter feel small? To tell the team that he's still BMOC?

Perhaps he left the session early because he liked the question so much that he wanted to get the reporter who asked it a Christmas gift? Maybe he he thought it was too relevant? Or maybe he is behind it & wanted to cut short any possibility of giving away any tells as to whether it's true?

The police use a similar line of questioning to grasp at tells of a projected suspect. There are dead-set responses that give away your position on the question whether you intend them or not. Someone halfway decent at this interpretation technique will tell right away where the interviewee stands regardless of what they say.

Shanahan gave a textbook "sure I did it, but I'm well above having to answer to the likes of you people for it!"

This is irrefutable, it solidifies my quandaries prior, & now firmly cements my position on the type of person/coach that he is.

When compared against the evidential history provided, & the sworn testimony of his other historical player power struggles, along with those who have witnessed it...I would be willing to take my case to court against the character of that man who stood...& then fled from before us.

He is a dirtbag, cowardly, conniving, sewer-rat of a man posing as a leader who is tearing down the foundations of the team around him, who will be here long after he's gone, in order to salvage any shred of reputation he thinks he may still possess.

Eff THAT guy.

I could care less at this point what he does...It's probably a good thing he doesn't finish these damn press conferences.  Why do they even make them have press conferences for 3-11 teams?  Who cares what he has to say about a horrible team who makes tons of mistakes every single game?  Coach, what did you think about turnover #6? #7?  

The sooner this guy gets fired, the sooner we can start pulling our selves out of this mess/circus.  Once the media **** storm hits like it did, there is no going back....him and RG3 are done.

Mad Mike, the Shanahan fan boy/ Griffin hater.

I suppose you'd have to be ****ing mental to defend a flop of a coach with a losing record 3 out of 4 years despite having complete control over personnel and football matters.

If you think I'm a Griffin hater, you haven't been paying attention.

I love the kid but that doesn't mean my brains have leaked out of my head. No one wanted to draft him more than me, and I have said a hundred times, that he will come back from this. But the reality is that he has sucked this year. And while people have blamed play calling on the Shanahans, todays game showed that when the throws are made on time and on target, the plays work just fine and one good play will lead to the next. 

And here's another one: Tom Brady curses, walks out during live press conference after loss to Dolphins

http://fansided.com/2013/12/15/tom-brady-curses-walks-live-press-conference-loss-dolphins/

And another one: England coach Steve McNamara walks out of World Cup press conference

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/25/england-mcnamara-rugby-league-world-cup

And another one: Emotional Mora walks out of news conference

http://www.foxsportswest.com/collegefootball/ucla-bruins/story/Emotional-Mora-walks-out-of-news-confere?blockID=937931

And another one: Kobe Bryant Walks Out Of Press Conference

http://jobs.aol.com/videos/s/kobe-bryant-walks-out-of-press-conference/517366827/

And another one: Lane Kiffin gets injury question, walks out on press conference

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/19/lane-kiffin-gets-injury-question-walks-out-on-press-conference/

And another one: Patriots Coach Walks Out Of Press Conference Over Sideline Spying Scandal

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070912/fbn-nfl-spying/

I can keep going. This is not an uncommon thing. People are just looking for drama.

In every instance posted above, a case is veritably cemented against their testimony based contextually & emotively in correlation to their response.

Furthermore...I don't think any of the people listed above are noted upstanding citizens. & I'm somewhat perceived to be a Kobe apologist.

It doesn't take Colombo to think the most important player of all. 

Hail.

Two things:

- (a) I'm looking for playerS and not just one.

- ( B) We don't know that RG3 feels that way. There has been a lot of discussion from RG3 and Shanny about the Seattle game. There have been rumors spreading about who doesn't like who, but I give them little credibility. So what we're left with is not understanding the relationship between RG3 and Shanny. For instance, there was a report this morning that RG3 and Shanny don't talk when they see each other in the hallways. My response question (which wasn't raised by the Junkies in the pregame) is this by somebody who saw them one time not talking and decided to tell the media? If not, when did this start? And as Shanny said earlier this week, hopefully in 3 years (yeah I'm saying theres a chance he's here in 3 years) their relationship has grown to the point where RG3 is like Plummer, Elway or Young who openly cite Shanny with their development as a QB.

Archived