Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny walks out on post game presser

TK

the philly games, maybe more so the second one where we got shut out for 3 quarters, and being flat while putting up 16 vs dallas coming off a bye week, for me, were inexcusable. along with the minnesota game on both sides of the ball when we still had something to play for. 

just deflating, head scratching losses which should not have happened- not the way they did. total meltdowns.

But see, looking at this from the perspective of a level headed guy, I was upset about those losses and how we performed, but its not like we weren't in the games. Even the Philly game where we didn't show up for 3 quarters. We had a chance to tie it. Its partially a matter of us just losing battles. I do criticize Shanny's TO usage and his halftime adjustments, but I don't think the guy suddenly forgot how to coach. I think its more a result of him getting this team so much younger. Like many have said

(a) we were 3-6 at one point last year because we couldn't overcome our defense.

( B) RG3 and Alfred Morris basically put this team on their backs for the remaining 7 games to win the division for us. That was awesome, but we were still making mistakes. RG3 was fumbling. People were dropping passes. We were getting penalties. Etc. We were just able to overcome those things. Unfortunately we haven't been able to overcome them this year.

© One of the best and worse things that happened to us was that 7 game winning streak. Because like Gibbs's streaks (the first of which I will note was followed up by a 5-11 season, and the second which was followed up by his retirement) they gave a bit of false bravado about how good our team was.

(d) This is where the cap penalty comes into play because we had expectations that we'd be competing for the lead in the East again this year without having addresses any of our problems from last year (except possibly starting rookies on offense and defense). That meant that teams had 17 games of game film to look at and prepare for us and we were only marginally improved from last year.

what about the report today of mike possibly coming back with a new OC, new DC and new ST coach? think i heard that from russell on 980, which probably means it was made up.

Its not unheard of. Especially if he gets an extension (say 3 years). Then he has some breathing room to hire new assistants.

The Jets started 2013 with the same team and 3 new coordinators.

The 2009 Browns started with 3 new coordinators.

The 2007 Giants started with 3 new coordinators.

© One of the best and worse things that happened to us was that 7 game winning streak. Because like Gibbs's streaks (the first of which I will note was followed up by a 5-11 season, and the second which was followed up by his retirement) they gave a bit of false bravado about how good our team was.

agreed. unfortunately, we were never that good. 

Its not unheard of. Especially if he gets an extension (say 3 years). Then he has some breathing room to hire new assistants

could you see a situation where dan would offer an extension if mike agreed to get new coordinators?

agreed. unfortunately, we were never that good.

I definitely wouldn't trade the 5 wins in 2005, the 4 wins in 2007, or the 7 wins last year. They were all great experiences.  

could you see a situation where dan would offer an extension if mike agreed to get new coordinators?

I wish I understood how he thinks. I can't see Shanny not being offered an extension if he stays. As far as the coordinators, I really don't see Kyle leaving. Maybe he gets another gig somewhere else, but thats the only way I see him leaving. He does not deserve to get fired. Has and Burns, I really don't want to see ever again. But I don't think Dan needs to say this explicitly. I'd think that Shanny knows this himself and is just waiting for the opportunity to fire them when the season ends.

However. ..IT MEANS EVERYTHING based on what you do directly in response to said questions. Period. This is not up for debate...logic & philosophy 101. His reaction, from his facial expression, to the way his face changed color, to the refusal to respond, to cutting a session short to what end? To avoid more questions of that ilk? To give the impression that he's still got some semblance of control over the media? To make a reporter feel small? To tell the team that he's still BMOC?

Perhaps he left the session early because he liked the question so much that he wanted to get the reporter who asked it a Christmas gift? Maybe he he thought it was too relevant? Or maybe he is behind it & wanted to cut short any possibility of giving away any tells as to whether it's true?

The police use a similar line of questioning to grasp at tells of a projected suspect. There are dead-set responses that give away your position on the question whether you intend them or not. Someone halfway decent at this interpretation technique will tell right away where the interviewee stands regardless of what they say.

Eff THAT guy.

However, he DOES NOT owe you, me, the media or any other Redskins fan any answers, he isn't on trial and he isn't suspect in any crime.   He should deflect questions, and answers, especially if they are not directly related to what happened during the game. 

I would suggest anyone that is upset should remember back to their high school and college days when they were the stars of their teams and undoubtedly received the same type of treatments. Then I would suggest they grow a sack, be a man, accept life isn't fair and get over it.

Yes, they should, until their meetings undermine coaching decisions and change the direction/atmosphere of the locker room.  People were going nuts over Portis having a relationship with Snyder several years back, now it's okay? 

I wish I could be as positive as you man.

Tips hat.

Honestly, the Skins under Dan Snyder's ownership has gotten me into a lot of non-sports interests. I read a lot more (well, I listen to audio books in my car instead of listening to most sports radio. The exceptions are the Junkies because they kinda tell you their biases and try to be funny about it, and Kevin Sheean because he's another levelheaded guy. And Doc is cool but he's on with BMitch so I can only take so much of them). That helps me forget about that empty feeling after a depressing loss. Then after I've done a good bit of meditation and working out, I'm level headed enough to just see a lot of it as hearsay.

Yes, they should, until their meetings undermine coaching decisions and change the direction/atmosphere of the locker room.  People were going nuts over Portis having a relationship with Snyder several years back, now it's okay?

Nobody has ever said Griffin went over Shanahans head to Snyder or that it has undermined coaching decisions. It has been reported by insiders that they rarely talk and the story a bunch of fluff and overplayed distraction

There's a good reason to believe this isn't the case this time.

Shanahan's contract says that he has total say on all football related decisions.  Snyder messes with that by trying to influence the team or force Mike's hand or any of his coordinators for that manner in any direction and Dan is in breach of the contract.  Shanny can walk away with the 7 million intact.  Given everything we've been reading, Shanahan is still wrangling to get his money. That suggests that Danny has not done anything that usurped or stepped on Shanahan's power.

You get all of that when you listen to Doc? All I get is cliches like "Man up," "You play to win," "You gotta hit the other player in the mouth," blah blah blah And then of course, his refusal to say "Redskins" bugs thehellouttame too.

True but he at least voices a lot of the opinions I have and squashesa lot of rumors. Lavar abs BMitch seem interested in creating controversy,same with Holden, Danny Rouer, and Chad dukes.

Wow.... from the bits I just saw, that was a pretty beefy short bit of a press conference, less football questions have been asked of mike in the last couple of weeks I think.

Maybe if he fielded a real football team, the questions would be about football.

Shanahan sympathizers are killing me. Is there any reason to believe that IF(a big if) Mike Shanahan cuts ties with the current coordinators and underachieving positional coaches that he won't just bring in another collection of flunkies/old buddies?

Putting together the best possible coaching staff he can to win games is not a priority over getting a bunch of his friends/yes men jobs.

Archived