Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny walks out on post game presser

TK

He is a dirtbag, cowardly, conniving, sewer-rat of a man posing as a leader who is tearing down the foundations of the team around him, who will be here long after he's gone, in order to salvage any shred of reputation he thinks he may still possess.

Eff THAT guy.

Hey, no need to bash Master Splinter there, he's got character in spades.

In every instance posted above, a case is veritably cemented against their testimony based contextually & emotively in correlation to their response.

Furthermore...I don't think any of the people listed above are noted upstanding citizens. & I'm somewhat perceived to be a Kobe apologist.

The point of that post was to show that its nothing unusual in sports (or politics either). Somebody (and BMitch) said that Shanny owes it to the media to answer the questions and that's not his job. If he doesn't want to talk about the rumors then he doesn't have to. I know I've been asked questions by the media and I've simply refused to comment. Thats what Shanny did, but since all they kept doing was asking the same question he declared that the interview was over.

Two things:

- (a) I'm looking for playerS and not just one.

- ( B)We don't know that RG3 feels that way. There has been a lot of discussion from RG3 and Shanny about the Seattle game. There have been rumors spreading about who doesn't like who, but I give them little credibility. So what we're left with is not understanding the relationship between RG3 and Shanny......

-© We don't know he doesn't. 

See what I did there?  ;)

Hail. 

For instance, there was a report this morning that RG3 and Shanny don't talk when they see each other in the hallways. My response question (which wasn't raised by the Junkies in the pregame) is this by somebody who saw them one time not talking and decided to tell the media? If not, when did this start? 

i would like a more definitive answer to this. in the past week or so, ive read- or heard from people like schefter- several different things. 

one is that mike and griff dont get along. another is that they are good, but kyle and griff dont get along. 

now we are hearing that kyle is disagreeing with his dad and wanting to move on (which could be an excuse to get out of here without looking like you cant get along with the QB while your offense is regressing and not scoring points)

even with dan and mikes relationship, its changing daily. 

id really like to know the truth. 

-© We don't know he doesn't. 

See what I did there?  ;)

Hail.

Exactly, you've pointed out that there's a lot that we don't know about this situation. I mean I could start a million rumors, but they'd mean absolutely nothing. How about this. on Extremeskins, people get banned for starting rumor threads without quoting sources. But if a media member does it, it becomes another notch against Shanny.

i would like a more definitive answer to this. in the past week or so, ive read- or heard from people like schefter- several different things. 

one is that mike and griff dont get along. another is that they are good, but kyle and griff dont get along. 

now we are hearing that kyle is disagreeing with his dad and wanting to move on (which could be an excuse to get out of here without looking like you cant get along with the QB while your offense is regressing and not scoring points)

I don't think we'll ever learn the true answer to that and in some respects it would be bad if we did.  What we know though is enough.  This team has been underprepared and underperformed in most of their games this year.  They've been out coached and out hustled.

What we do know is that we haven't seen progress and in many respects we've seen regression and steep regression.  How in the world can we field a team where the only one capable of fielding a punt is a hundred year old receiver!!!

And there was another one put out by Sunny saying that Dan and Mike still play golf together (don't know how relevant it is because this isn't golfing weather in DC lately so its probably a dated story).

Exactly, you've pointed out that there's a lot that we don't know about this situation. I mean I could start a million rumors, but they'd mean absolutely nothing. How about this. on Extremeskins, people get banned for starting rumor threads without quoting sources. But if a media member does it, it becomes another notch against Shanny.

MUCH more importantly, I just inadvertently discovered how to put a lower case c in a circle on this new system. This makes me happy.  :D

Hail. 

.  This team has been underprepared and underperformed in most of their games this year.  They've been out coached and out hustled.

the philly games, maybe more so the second one where we got shut out for 3 quarters, and being flat while putting up 16 vs dallas coming off a bye week, for me, were inexcusable. along with the minnesota game on both sides of the ball when we still had something to play for. 

just deflating, head scratching losses which should not have happened- not the way they did. total meltdowns. 

what about the report today of mike possibly coming back with a new OC, new DC and new ST coach? think i heard that from russell on 980, which probably means it was made up. 

what about the report today of mike possibly coming back with a new OC, new DC and new ST coach? think i heard that from russell on 980, which probably means it was made up. 

To me, that's insanity.  You replace the OC, DC, and ST then you have no consistency.  The only argument for keeping Shanny is consistency... or intense distrust of Snyder.

Groundhog Day for me.

Groundhog Day for me.

I hear that.  This year has worn me down.  I just don't see any spark, any reason to beleive Shanahan would do anything at all next year.  This year has been a meltdown from game one with almost no signs of life in all three phases of the football team.  Hard to stomach that being rewarded with another year or to imagine potentially living through it again.

DC SPORTS BOG:

Mike Shanahan took a beating from reporters during his press conferences last Sunday, last Monday and last Wednesday. He took it all, and he gave plenty back, even if he often refused to answer the questions.

Sunday in Atlanta, Shanahan changed his approach.

Sunday morning, of course, had brought several more anonymously sourced “Redskins dysfunction” reports from the national media, on CBS, on NFL Network and elsewhere. So after several football questions during Sunday’s post-game press conference, Michael Phillips from the Richmond Times-Dispatch asked about those reports.

“Is there anything you’re doing, or can do, to stop these reports from coming out?” Phillips asked.

“Ok, thank you gentlemen,” Shanahan said, and left the podium.

Oddly, that exchange is missing from the Redskins’ official YouTube version of the press conference.

Sounds to me like someone knows he's leaking the bogus reports that deflect blame from him and place it on everyone else.

To me, that's insanity.  You replace the OC, DC, and ST then you have no consistency.  The only argument for keeping Shanny is consistency... or intense distrust of Snyder.

if youre snyder, i think you like shanny (at least did at one point) and could be talked into keeping him for his final year (which makes you look fair), even if you dont like kyle, burns, or haslett. 

i almost think haslett and burns HAVE to go. you just cant logically justify bringing them back, consistency or not. that boats sailed and sank in epic failure. 

kyle, on the other hand, if you believe the latest rumors, may leave on his own. 

so you could have mike and 3 new coordinators and not have to eat shannys salary (not that dan wouldnt), but you give it one more shot with - hopefully- more competent coordinators. like kubiak, perhaps as oc.

of course, if shanny and griff dont get along, i'm not sure its any use. 

Archived