Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny walks out on post game presser

TK

I think he hit the nail on the head.  It's more nonsense that we as fans don't need to deal with.  Keep Mike another year give him the full five and see what he can do.

Hit the nail in the head? He basically called the OP false when that's exactly what happened. Just because we don't NEED more drama doesn't mean it's not there. Some of us prefer to not stick our heads in the sand.

I mean, Shanahan will be talking again tomorrow afternoon. And then Wednesday, Thursday, Friday ..

we've got plenty more time to listen to what he has to say about his job! Especially once Jay Glazer's report goes national, that Shanahan is 'definitely' out at the end of the year and that Snyder ultimately doesn't care enough about the money owed to him to not fire him. Will be more interesting tomorrow

(link)

Good for Shanny, I don't blame him. I'm amazed at how many supposed "Redskins Fans" get excited about the DC media trying to stir more drama and poop storms for the team they love.

Hopefully Snyder gives him a 2 year extension instead of listening to public opinion.

How are you real?

HE self created this ****storm. You can't be completely behind something then refuse to deal with it when you've played this out through the media. 

Hail. 

No he didn't , the supposed crazy fans that love media drama and the media created this poop storm. 

The Washignton Redskins are the biggest soap opera in sports, our fan base needs to step away from all of the b.s.

Anyone catch BMitch call him out on the 'quitting on the team' leak and that he'd have no respect for him in the locker room as a player under him after that Friday on 980? Man was Shanahan PISSED. It was great radio. 

Hail. 

B Mitch is a fool and one of the main culprits in all of the media drama, I would put him in the same boat as Lavar and GHH. :)

The drama on this board is ridiculous.  Yes, Shanahan did cut off the post game BUT only after the questions kept shifiting away from the game itself and to his job status.  Twice he tried to redirect the reporters' questions...once by saying that he was willing to answer questions about today's Falcons game and the two remaining games...the other saying that he didn't want to talk about job status but football.  And, in spite of that, the reporters kept pushing.  Shanahan then said "thank you" and walked off.  No theatrics, no emotion.

Shanahan walking off was totally appropriate.

He doesn't get to steer the media to ask only questions he's comfortable with. It absolutely is NOT appropriate, nobody gives a **** about questions specifically pertaining to this game--it's meaningless. He needs to answer for the leaks, and he is an idiot if he thinks he's not going to get questions about his future.

How are you real?

Don't you realize this is all media perpetuated drama and no where near as bad as the media and people on this board make it out to be?

He doesn't get to steer the media to ask only questions he's comfortable with. It absolutely is NOT appropriate, nobody gives a **** about questions specifically pertaining to this game--it's meaningless. He needs to answer for the leaks, and he is an idiot if he thinks he's not going to get questions about his future.

Are you Brian Mitchell?

Don't you realize this is all media perpetuated drama and no where near as bad as the media and people on this board make it out to be?

You realize most of the media drama is based on leaks from the Shanahan camp right? Doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on. Mike knows he won't be back but wants his $7m , so he's trying to get fired. Also takes attention off Kyle, who has a future career.

Good for Shanny, I don't blame him. I'm amazed at how many supposed "Redskins Fans" get excited about the DC media trying to stir more drama and poop storms for the team they love.

Hopefully Snyder gives him a 2 year extension instead of listening to public opinion.

Yeah, two more years of this **** storm, two more years of being an underprepared, untalented, boring team, that sounds glorious. Sign me up!

Are you Brian Mitchell?

I think that you are the only one who is *THAT* completely clueless about what is happening.

It's like a hurricane is coming in a day and you're saying, "Meh, it's cloudy-ish.  Everyone calm down."

Seven turnovers, failure to adjust to other team's second half adjustment, 2 pt play which by rule will always be second guessed if it fails.

its maddening. rolling along in the first half. dont score a second half point til the final 22 seconds of the game. 

we havent been able to put two good offensive halves of football together all year. 

You Sir DESERVE a 3-11 football team. 

2 more years? Words fail me. 

Hail. 

You sir, deserve a Daytime Emmy... ;P

The only thing Snyder has not tried is sticking with the same coach for more than three to four years, we will continue to see a new coach every four years.

Good for Shanny, I don't blame him.  I'm amazed at how many supposed "Redskins Fans" get excited about the DC media trying to stir more drama and poop storms for the team they love. 

You need to turn in your fan card. The team should be the priority, not the ego of this maniac coach.

Hit the nail in the head? He basically called the OP false when that's exactly what happened. Just because we don't NEED more drama doesn't mean it's not there. Some of us prefer to not stick our heads in the sand.

Well my heads clearly out of the sand, but I prefer not to deal with the high school drama that some like.  We suck this year yes, I'm angry yes, I know things are getting dicey at Redskins headquarters with the coaching, but I just am tired of hearing all the negative stuff.  I personally want Mike back his last year, I like the guy.  It almost appeared to me he was forced to get RG3 and it wasn't a decision he agreed with.  When your head coach is the coach let him make the decisions. 

You realize most of the media drama is based on leaks from the Shanahan camp right? Doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on. Mike knows he won't be back but wants his $7m , so he's trying to get fired. Also takes attention off Kyle, who has a future career.

Which is a result of Dan Synders poor ownership.

Anyone catch BMitch call him out on the 'quitting on the team' leak and that he'd have no respect for him in the locker room as a player under him after that Friday on 980? Man was Shanahan PISSED. It was great radio.

Hail.

I heard it, but shanty had a response for it. If he's not the source of the leaks then this type of stuff is probably really annoying for him. He's trying to coach a team and people are accusing him off quitting. And whether the sorry is true or not, BMitch didn't hear the story so he's just spreading rumors.

Well my heads clearly out of the sand, but I prefer not to deal with the high school drama that some like.  We suck this year yes, I'm angry yes, I know things are getting dicey at Redskins headquarters with the coaching, but I just am tired of hearing all the negative stuff.  I personally want Mike back his last year, I like the guy.  It almost appeared to me he was forced to get RG3 and it wasn't a decision he agreed with.  When your head coach is the coach let him make the decisions.

What exactly is like-able about Mike? This is a serious question.

Archived