Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny walks out on post game presser

TK

We were out coached in the second half.  Our o disappeared yet again minus the final drive.  Overall, the coaching was okay, but how many times have we seen double digit leads disappear and the o completely vanish in the second half.  Looks like it happened today too... at least from my perspective.

Agree that turnovers are a part of it.

Again I'd disagree. That 3rd drive in the 3rd quarter, Kyle was absolutely out coached. 1st drive, Cousins just failed to get the ball to an open Nick Williams on 3rd down. And on the 2nd drive, Cousins had an open receiver and just threw a terrible pass.

After that 3rd drive in the second half, we started executing.

The Falcons scored 20 of their 27 points off turnovers. We gave them the ball 7 times - 7! - and had a better-than-not chance to win the game in the last seconds.

50% on 3rd down completion, while they went 5-14.

8.3 yards per pass attempt vs 5.0

4.9 yards per rush attempt vs 2.6

476 yards vs 243

but then 7 turnovers and 9 penalties for 66 yards. This is what lost us the game. Otherwise, we outplayed and outcoached the Falcons

also, we never had a double digit lead. Our biggest lead was 20-17.

He has stayed "directly" out of it, indirectly he makes a negative impact on this franchise year in and year out... 

I read this article earlier, Snyder for some reasons sucks at being an owner even if he "stays out of the way".http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/3851/friday-conversation-louis-riddick-2

You accuse me of parroting media talking points that I'm not even remotely aware of, and then put forth this as your evidence?

Get real, dude. That guy being interviewed has been out of the FO since 2007. We're talking about how Snyder has stayed out of Shanahan's way.

Who is the media shill, again?

He doesn't get to steer the media to ask only questions he's comfortable with. It absolutely is NOT appropriate, nobody gives a **** about questions specifically pertaining to this game--it's meaningless. He needs to answer for the leaks, and he is an idiot if he thinks he's not going to get questions about his future.

I disagree. One of the things that they tell players is that they don't need to answer every question. What were we trying to tell RG3 this summer? The media is not your friend. They are looking to create stories and create hype. That's all the last few weeks have been - hype. No sources, contradicting stories, a bunch of rumors that seem to only be replaced by bigger stories by somebody else. It'd be different if it was like the Moss quote where he was on tape talking about what he looks for in a leader (which I also think was overblown, but at least it was based on a real quote). Here we don't have a quote to dissect. We don't know when it was given (whether it could have been heat of the moment after a loss or just a typical day), I mean there's so much that we don't know. Its crazy to act like these are things that Shanny should be putting his focus on.

And that has what to do with having no guts to answer questions on the ****storm he's created and played out through media asking the questions how again?

Hail. 

Can I ask you a question, why do you think Mike owes you or any of us as Redskins Fans, any answers? 

You accuse me of parroting media talking points that I'm not even remotely aware of, and then put forth this as your evidence?

Get real, dude. That guy being interviewed has been out of the FO since 2007. We're talking about how Snyder has stayed out of Shanahan's way.

Who is the media shill, again?

Neil Olkewicz is lol, I find it odd this article wasn't given it's own thread, I guess it doesn't have enough Shanny hate in it to warrant it's own thread?

I think he hit the nail on the head.  It's more nonsense that we as fans don't need to deal with.  Keep Mike another year give him the full five and see what he can do.

The guy is going to lose at least 11 games in year 4 of a rebuild. WHY does he deserve a 5th??

Can I ask you a question, why do you think Mike owes you or any of us as Redskins Fans, any answers?

Neil Olkewicz is lol, I find it odd this article wasn't given it's own thread, I guess it doesn't have enough Shanny hate in it to warrant it's own thread?

Why would an article detailing Snyder's behavior from SEVEN years ago, at the least, warrant any discussion? No ones denying he used to be a meddling owner. The contention is that he's gotten completely out of Shanahan's way, and there's ZERO evidence to contradict that.

The guy is going to lose at least 11 games in year 4 of a rebuild. WHY does he deserve a 5th??

I don't expect a lot better next year.  But Mike told Dan it would be a 5 year project and I think Dan should give him the 5th year just to show prospects he is a man of his word.  Give Mike an extension with a clause that it's based on him being over .500 next year.

Because, he won the NFC East last year, has had some great drafts, and most importantly to me, we have tried replacing out Coach every four years, IT DOES NOT WORK.

He did make $437,500 this week.

Did you write his pay check?  Or did any of us "Redskisn Fans" write his paycheck?

Why would an article detailing Snyder's behavior from SEVEN years ago, at the least, warrant any discussion? No ones denying he used to be a meddling owner. The contention is that he's gotten completely out of Shanahan's way, and there's ZERO evidence to contradict that.

Because he indirectly has a negative impact on this team, the fans, and the media, did you read the article?

Because he indirectly has a negative impact on this team, the fans, and the media, did you read the article?

Yes, I read the article. Why are you putting so much stock in stuff that happened 7-12 years ago? The issue is the last 4 years.

I like doc because he diesa better job of analyzing things or just stating what he thinks is the problem.

You get all of that when you listen to Doc? All I get is cliches like "Man up," "You play to win," "You gotta hit the other player in the mouth," blah blah blah  And then of course, his refusal to say "Redskins" bugs thehellouttame too.

Here's another story: Nick Saban Walks out of press conference:

http://deadspin.com/nick-saban-walks-out-of-press-conference-over-d-j-fluk-1296753370

The fun begins around the 3:30 mark; it's a steady, though quick burn for Saban. He tells reporters three times he won't answer their questions and then, growing more agitated and full-throated, asks if they all want to get in a line and ask the same question that he won't answer. His final offer: "If you want to talk about the Texas A&M game, I'll be glad to talk about it."

When no one bit, Saban muttered "Appreciate your interest in the game" and walked off.

GREAT DRAFTS? Jesus Christ. I really thought we had dispelled this silly homer notion. He's MAYBE hit on his earliest pick every year (Trent, Kerrigan, RG3, Amerson) and he's hit on Morris and Reed.

That's it.

Lot's of first rounders end up being busts in the NFL. He's done pretty damn good.

As for the OP.... Ten coaches out of ten walk out when reporters continue asking the same questions they have been told will not be talked about. Anything he said about his job would have created a whole new **** storm. Glad he did it.

Archived