Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny walks out on post game presser

TK

Just because ES and the Post are a complete circus does not mean the team is.  It has issues but this board should be put in the Ringling Bros Hall of Fame

its a fan message board with passionate people, thats to be expected. 

you cant honestly tell me this circus was created by the media?  the media isnt coaching the team to 3-11.  the media isnt out there getting obliterated by the chiefs.  the media isnt responsible for the record being awful over a 4 year stretch.

shanahan created this mess by losing.  losing creates this kinda stuff, and it starts with him.

heres the issue tho.  while those deals are relatively low, we got relatively low return from most of them.

morgan has been pretty bad, chester has been pretty mediocre to bad (especially this year), and bowen has been average at best.

garcon and cofield have worked out, but its not like shanahan has been a FA wizard.

so yes, the deals were "reasonable" but like the old saying, we got what we paid for.

So, I was stating that we don't have a history of overpaying players under Shanny. If you want to talk about ROI, thats another story. But thats the risk you take. I'll say that I think we've gotten about what we expected from Garcon, Cofield and Morgan (he led the team in receptions last year). Chester was good last year and bad this year. Bowen hasn't impressed me much, Thing is, all these players are productive cogs in the wheel. Sure you can say we need more supestars, but we're not a team right now where we're asking what starter could legitimately start for another team.

its a fan message board with passionate people, thats to be expected.

you cant honestly tell me this circus was created by the media? the media isnt coaching the team to 3-11. the media isnt out there getting obliterated by the chiefs. the media isnt responsible for the record being awful over a 4 year stretch.

shanahan created this mess by losing. losing creates this kinda stuff, and it starts with him.

Besides the record the circus is on the media, the DC media is famous for chasing Coaches and QB's out of town. If the media did not create the circus show me solid evidence that Shanny "leaked" the story about him wanting to quit, show is solid evidence that " Kyle doesn't want to Coach with his father anymore", shoe me evidence that Snyder does not like Shanny....

This is a media circus, Brian Mitchell and Lavar Arrington are the two biggest drama queens in our market and Redskins fans love it.

Mike did in fact walk out while there were questions.  Instead of responding he said, "Thank you gentlemen" and left.  I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Honestly, I wish he walked out on more media sessions.  I think that most of this drama is partly the responsibility of the media.  These guys are hounds and they are looking for anything they can spin.

DC SPORTS BOG:

Mike Shanahan took a beating from reporters during his press conferences last Sunday, last Monday and last Wednesday. He took it all, and he gave plenty back, even if he often refused to answer the questions.

Sunday in Atlanta, Shanahan changed his approach.

Sunday morning, of course, had brought several more anonymously sourced “Redskins dysfunction” reports from the national media, on CBS, on NFL Network and elsewhere. So after several football questions during Sunday’s post-game press conference, Michael Phillips from the Richmond Times-Dispatch asked about those reports.

“Is there anything you’re doing, or can do, to stop these reports from coming out?” Phillips asked.

“Ok, thank you gentlemen,” Shanahan said, and left the podium.

Oddly, that exchange is missing from the Redskins’ official YouTube version of the press conference.

Sounds to me like someone knows he's leaking the bogus reports that deflect blame from him and place it on everyone else.

I wonder why that article doesn't mention the fact that those non-football questions were already brought up once and he told them he wasn't going to answer them.  This of course after doing the same thing at 3 press conferences last week. 

The moderators on this board stir up just as much drama.

Drama sells I guess.

I think at least one of the moderators is associated with one of the "media" sites out there now. 

One may wonder whether some of the folks that stand to profit(in page views if nothing else) serve as an anonymous "source" and say they "work for the team"!

The ironic thing about that is most of those are saying that Mike's in as long as he cans all his assistants.  So, that 6 million is fine to toss, but Mike's chunk of change....

Mind you, that is a ton of money.

Welp .. I didn't know about the $6MILLION for canning the assistants .. but if so, and we can Shanahan then we are out $7MILLION + $6MILLION = $13MILLION < $6MILLION.  Now, we'd have to hire NEW assistants which adds to the pot, but then again we'd have to hire new assistants anyway so that is a sunk cost.

Yep, I'm convinced the media morons feed off of stirring drama on ES, pretty much every article they write about the Skins gets its own thread and the idiots love it.

If the failing WaPo gets more clicks from their daily tripefest of articles from THE most rabid Skins fans (ES members), then they have succeeded. For that reason, I refuse to click on that site. Besides, who needs to read another Mike notsoWise rant about the team name?

I also don't listen to BSPN or the NFL=TMZ Network. If more members here would do the same -- just watch the games (which this year is tough, I admit) and then move on with your daily lives for the next 7 days and ignore the spin which I think is probably about 95% false -- then there would be less suicidal tendencies around here!

If he walks and doesn't create drama for the drama queens, then what music does Shanny need to face?

Bull****. He's created this mess and now it's time he took his medicine like a man. You don't want to answer questions like this, find a different line of work.

Why should he be accountable to media or the fans?

If you need to ask that after the past 9 days in particular of the spotlight being constantly on your team for ALL the wrong reasons through what it's pretty darn clear he created however anyone wants to dismiss that or spin it then there's not really anything anyone could say to make you see why.

Hail. 

Bull****. He's created this mess and now it's time he took his medicine like a man. You don't want to answer questions like this, find a different line of work.

You think he should answer non football related questions?

This in a nutshell is why you and I will never be on the same page in regards to this topic. This comment you've made is unfathomable to me.

I am not Shannys boss, not am I on the board of directors of The Washington Redskins, he owes us nothing, to be honest I wish he wasn't required to speak with the media scum at all. It's almost like people on this board are fans of the media more than a fan of the team.

Archived