Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny walks out on post game presser

TK

I don't think you can call ANY of us "Shanny sympathizers!"  We just aren't in favor of blowing it all up again to have another coach come in and suck it up just because the Press has made an absolute circus of our team this whole season!  Obviously, Shanahan HAS to make MAJOR changes. Quite possibly letting his son make a graceful exit. And he MUST get a new DC and a ST coach. But a lot of you Shanny haters automatically think that letting another coach come in and change everything AGAIN guarantees success. It doesn't! As Redskins fans of the past 20 years (and I go back +40), we should be VERY familiar with that fact!

Wow, finally a voice of reason. Well said. A change doesn’t guarantee success. Some folks act like you can plug anyone in and be successful. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.  

This has replaced the salary cap argument for the pro-Shanny group: "Who are we going to get that is better?"

Gee, someone who is better than three double-digit loss seasons?  I'll take my chances......especially if they can somehow convince Snyder to go to Bora Bora and disappear during the hiring process.

And for all the hand-wringing about how Dan doesn't want to pay the $7 million to Mike plus the $6 million to the staff?  You know Shanahan isn't coming back without an extension.

The ironic thing about that is most of those are saying that Mike's in as long as he cans all his assistants.  So, that 6 million is fine to toss, but Mike's chunk of change....

Mind you, that is a ton of money.

The funny part about the cap penalty is that if we'd had the cap space, Mike would've ruined the cap by not only signing Pierrre, but pursuing Jackson, having more than enough money to sign guys like Royal and Whitfield, Shanny tried to sign Brandon Myers, wanted to sign Courtland Finnegan, tried to sign Aqin Talib....

Shanny having cap space would've meant the same sort of FA spending sprees we've all been rallying against.

Wow, finally a voice of reason. Well said. A change doesn’t guarantee success. Some folks act like you can plug anyone in and be successful.   

i dont think i've read a single post that indicated we are guaranteed success with a change at HC. 

but, i do think its more likely than not that our next head coach have less than 3 double digit loss seasons in his first 4. so, we've got probability on our side. 

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

a coach that wins games?

can someone tell me this greatness that we are apparently going to miss out on if shanny is fired?

i dont think i've read a single post that indicated we are guaranteed success with a change at HC. 

but, i do think its more likely than not that our next head coach have less than 3 double digit loss seasons in his first 4. so, we've got probability on our side. 

a coach that wins games?

can someone tell me this greatness that we are apparently going to miss out on if shanny is fired?

People want change for the sake of change. It's that simple.

That's what I'm thinking, Grego.

Mind you, the storyline that we ought to keep Mike, but fire Kyle, Jim, Keith, and everyone else seems a bit absurd.  Effectively, isn't everyone advocating for a regime change anyway if you need a new OC, DC, STC, etc?

Shanny having cap space would've meant the same sort of FA spending sprees we've all been rallying against.

This I disagree with. Look at the free agents Shanny/Allen have signed:

- Garcon, 5 years, 42.5 million, 21.5 mil guaranteed. (on par with a lot of WRs of his talent level.

- Morgan, 2 years, 11.5 million, 7.3 million guaranteed.

- Chester, 5 years, 20 million, 6 million guaranteed.

- Cofield, 6 years, 36 million, 12,5 million guaranteed.

- Bowen, 5 years, 27 million, 12.5 million guaranteed.

Those are all reasonable contracts. In fact we've praised Shanahan for those very deals because they were so reasonable. I doubt that he'd suddenly not know how to handle money now that the cap penalty has gone away.

People want change for the sake of change. It's that simple.

no we dont. 

dude, we are awful. currently the second worst team in the league with 2 incompetent coordinators, another who is up and down, and alot of bad players.

oh, and 3 double digit loss seasons. 

that is not 'change for the sake of change', that is 'change because we suck'.

Mind you, the storyline that we ought to keep Mike, but fire Kyle, Jim, Keith, and everyone else seems a bit absurd.  Effectively, isn't everyone advocating for a regime change anyway if you need a new OC, DC, STC, etc?

i think i agree. i heard this yesterday, but there are a couple of reason why it wouldnt work. one, russell is on 106.7 right now talking about how griff doesnt get along with mike, and thats been talked about for awhile. second, can we trust shanahan to get competent coordinators? why? he hasnt had a good D in 15 years.

The owner don't like you.

Starter won't talk to you.

Your own son does not want to coach with you anymore.

Would say its getting ugly. But it was ugly weeks ago.

This is Roseanne Barr/ Rosie O'Donnell ugly.

Do you have links and sid evidence to all of this or are we relying on the mediots who constantly make stuff up?

Shanny walked out of the press conference - fact

Some reporter asked a stupid question not related to football - fact

The owner doesn't like the Coach is a rumor

Kyle not wanting to coach with his father is also a rumor

Griff not wanting to talk with Coach is also a rumor ....

Do you have links and sid evidence to all of this or are we relying on the mediots who constantly make stuff up?

Shanny walked out of the press conference - fact

Some reporter asked a stupid question not related to football - fact

The owner doesn't like the Coach is a rumor

Kyle not wanting to coach with his father is also a rumor

Griff not wanting to talk with Coach is also a rumor ....

6-10

5-11

10-6

3-11

currently a complete circus with probably the most toxic environment we've had during dans tenure.

how does that record and current state of the team constitute a knee jerk reaction of people wanting him fired?

We go through a massive circus every three to four years, this one is no where near as bad as Zorn, Spurrier. If I had to pick one, Norv getting fired 4 games before the playoffs takes the cake.

We go through a massive circus every three to four years, this one is no where near as bad as Zorn, Spurrier. If I had to pick one, Norv getting fired 4 games before the playoffs takes the cake.

trust me, zorn wasnt even close.  we all knew zorn was in over his head, it was 2 years and we'd been awful since the midway point of 2008.  plus we had no franchise QB.  and zorn was never toxic, it was more just funny because we knew he'd be gone.  the closest the zorn thing got to this was the portis/zorn thing during the ravens game.

every week now we have leaks about mike/kyle/robert and how they all hate each other or dont wanna be here or blah blah blah.  plus we're playing even worse than we were with zorn.  zorns worst season is 4-12, i fully expect us to finish 3-13. 

im not sure what youre basing that on.

if you think we have been that hindered by the salary cap, i'd at least get it, even though you have to overlook alot of really bad decisions outside of the cap issue. 

but the record is just terrible. i'm not feeling the same optimism you are. 

The funny part about the cap penalty is that if we'd had the cap space, Mike would've ruined the cap by not only signing Pierrre, but pursuing Jackson, having more than enough money to sign guys like Royal and Whitfield, Shanny tried to sign Brandon Myers, wanted to sign Courtland Finnegan, tried to sign Aqin Talib....

what's the point of having cap space if you don't use it?

As long as they don't go over the top with giant signing bonus and ridiculous salaries that push them over the cap like in the vinny years, what's the problem?

You're SUPPOSED to spend that money to make your team better.. as long as it's done responsibly without having tons of dead cap every year going forward I don't see the problem.

what's the point of having cap space if you don't use it?

As long as they don't go over the top with giant signing bonus and ridiculous salaries that push them over the cap like in the vinny years, what's the problem?

You're SUPPOSED to spend that money to make your team better.. as long as it's done responsibly without having tons of dead cap every year going forward I don't see the problem.

Because we are now criticizing Mike based on what we think he would have done.  SMH

Agreed. The people that wanted Shanahan fired that Sunday after the Chiefs debacle just boggle my mind! How about we not have a knee jerk reaction and let this horrendous season come to an end before we start firing people! Am I angry at the way this season has gone? Absolutely! And some of that anger (a LOT actually) is directed at the Shanahans for poor coaching, poor decision making, and Kyle's schizophrenic game planning. BUT I KNOW what jumping to a quick decision has done for us in the past. And I KNOW that bringing in a new coach to "fix everything" is seldom the answer. I think this season was inevitable -- Griffin wasn't healthy for much of it, and as a result of his injury and not having an offseason to work on timing and learning more of the playbook, and developing bad throwing motion to compensate for his injured knee, plus the fact that we didn't address our shortcomings from last year? Yeah. I think it was written in the wind. Maybe not a 3 win season, but I don't think we would have been vying for the division title again.

Let's not overreact, people!

The best part about the people calling for him to be immediately fired after the game, probably haven't thought it through long enough to realize that Hazlett is the coach who would temporarily take his place.  ols

Yeah, pretty much every team in the league spends all that money every year. Are you saying that having a legit #2 WR or 2 excellent CBs on the roster would have made us worse? You do know what the salary cap is, don't you?

This I disagree with. Look at the free agents Shanny/Allen have signed:

- Garcon, 5 years, 42.5 million, 21.5 mil guaranteed. (on par with a lot of WRs of his talent level.

- Morgan, 2 years, 11.5 million, 7.3 million guaranteed.

- Chester, 5 years, 20 million, 6 million guaranteed.

- Cofield, 6 years, 36 million, 12,5 million guaranteed.

- Bowen, 5 years, 27 million, 12.5 million guaranteed.

Those are all reasonable contracts. In fact we've praised Shanahan for those very deals because they were so reasonable. I doubt that he'd suddenly not know how to handle money now that the cap penalty has gone away.

heres the issue tho.  while those deals are relatively low, we got relatively low return from most of them.

morgan has been pretty bad, chester has been pretty mediocre to bad (especially this year), and bowen has been average at best.

garcon and cofield have worked out, but its not like shanahan has been a FA wizard.

so yes, the deals were "reasonable" but like the old saying, we got what we paid for.

6-10

5-11

10-6

3-11

currently a complete circus with probably the most toxic environment we've had during dans tenure.

how does that record and current state of the team constitute a knee jerk reaction of people wanting him fired?

Just because ES and the Post are a complete circus does not mean the team is.  It has issues but this board should be put in the Ringling Bros Hall of Fame

Just because ES and the Post are a complete circus does not mean the team is. It has issues but this board should be put in the Ringling Bros Hall of Fame

Yep, I'm convinced the media morons feed off of stirring drama on ES, pretty much every article they write about the Skins gets its own thread and the idiots love it.

Archived