Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Falcons Prediction Thread: Sending a Message or Mailing It In

skins island connection

I think this one will be much closer than many think.  I'm banking on Kirk to start, which means the offensive scheme will change to a different one than if Griffin is in there.  ATL will have it figured out by the end of Q1, which means most of the Skin's points must be on the board by then.  Our D will play well until the 4th Q, at which they will have been on the field for the majority of the 2nd half.  ATL then scores 2 TDs to win the game.

Halftime Score:

Skins 14

Falcons 10

Final Score:

Skins 17

Falcons 24

Actually, for me, the biggest question this week is WHAT will be leaked to the media regarding the Shananagans and Mike's quest to getting fired. :(

I'd still love to know how much Shanahan was inclined to bench Robert for the first four games and will claim that he was pressured by Dan to play RG3.

On that note, he says he's going to name his starting QB by tomorrow. Why not just wait until this weekend to make the announcement?  I know its a meaningless game, but why not try to have as much of a competitive advantage as possible. I'd imagine Mike Smith is preparing for RG3, but who knows.

Prediction? Who knows?  This team has not shown anything in recent weeks to be given the benefit of the doubt. I'd probably give the nod to the Falcons since its at their place.  I certainly don't see the Redskins beating either the Cowboys or Giants in the last two.

Struggling team? Have we got medicine for you! THE 2013 WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Skins 21 Falcons 38

Cousins starts and promptly turns the ball over twice. He gets the ball out quicker but the offense is still inept as Alfred Morris' struggles continue. 

ST does Redskins ST things and the defense sucks as usual.

I watch probably 15 minutes of it before firing up the Xbox. The first time this has happened since I was but a wee lad

Atlanta's ST's coach on kickoff and punt returns: "Don't worry, they'll over pursue on the outsides... then wait for it, wait for it... OK, you now have an open lane. Don't worry, the remaining players ahead of you don't know how to tackle."

Atlanta - 28 (two from run backs)

Redskins - 17 

We win in a blowout. They suck worse than we do. The team will be playing for their jobs and guys like Pierre "if you suck at passing, you suck at passing" Garcon will ball out. Not sure what that guy is whining about, he is leading the NFL in receptions and up there in yards as well. maybe not enough TD receptions for him?

I've been betting against the Skins the past three weeks (and winning).  But something tells me Redskins +7 is the right wager.  Cousins is going to play well, I have no doubt.  The offense is going to click much better without RG3 in there and a QB who can actually throw the ball.  Falcons are not a good team, and their defense is horrible.  Morris should be able to get some solid yards.  I don't see our pathetic defense stopping Atlanta either.  But...

Skins 27

Falcons 24

Archived