Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

si.com: Redskins reportedly exploring ways to fire and withhold money from Mike Shanahan

Toe Jam

Disagree 100%.

Matt Ryan is having a horrible year, but would you bench him for the backup? How about Eli Manning? RGIII is not a wuss, let him play and learn.

This is a FU to Snyder, the team, and the fans.

I question the decision, but again....you make an analogy that makes no contextual sense and is simply based off your emotional resentment of "Lobster face" as you continually refer to him.

Matt Ryan and Eli Manning aren't 2nd year players who are less than a year removed from a catastrophic injury and who have not had a chance to have a normal NFL off season to grow and progress as a quarterback. While I don't think it'd be the best action, even without all the drama going on right now, it wouldn't be an inconcievable action to do this. It's not in any way, shape, or form similar to a situation involving Matt Ryan or Eli Manning at the moment.

At first glance, I was against benching RGIII because I agree with the thought that he needs reps to improve.

However, after yesterday's lack of effort, I think it might be wise to sit him down for the last three games.  This team has quit on the season, I can only imagine they have quit on the coach.  I would think there would be a greater chance of injury for the future of the franchise due to players not giving a 100%.

The hope is that RGIII will become a better pocket passer to protect him and give him a longer career.  Can you tell me honestly that our receivers who cannot win one on one battles and when we send only two out in the pattern because we have to leave people back to protect is helping him in this endeavor?

I know dan is a rich punk but some of you all are asking Snyder to just give him millions and move on. Do you know how weird that is? My ex landlord denied me 300 dollars of my sec deposit and I threaten small claims court...

Yeah man, I don't care how rich you are you don't give away 7 Million dollars for no reason.

And this long standing fan, having been stunned by the realism today that he may well be back next year, may for the first time in 32 seasons of Redskins football not be around to see it. 

This is the first time in my life I'm honestly questioning where I stand with this team and if I can find the heart to go through what we put ourselves through on most every level if they allow this man, who like you said is giving a BIG FU to every last one of us; back to disgrace our once proud organisation further. 

And for bringing this feeling about in me on the one thing I care the most about in this ***** life above my faith and family I HATE the man. That's a strong emotion, but I absolute HATE the man for bringing me to this point. 

Hail. 

No one should allow a sports franchise--a sports franchise that doesn't even know he exists--to make him miserable. Trust me, it's not worth it and it's unhealthy. I made the decision a few years ago that I would follow the team, celebrate the wins and be disappointed in the losses, but I would not allow off-field negativity and unprofessional/juvenile drama to ruin me for weeks and months at a time. I look back at all the time I wasted being depressed for days on end about "the state" of this team off the field and want those years of my life back.

Do some of you realize how absurd it is to allow a sports franchise to make you feel this way? Again, it's one thing to be down after a loss, but this? This is insanity and unhealthy. Everyone should seriously just disappear and allow these clown adults to get their act together and return when they're ready to run a team professionally, a team that doesn't quit and backbite each other in the media. I laugh at this crap now because it's so absurd and juvenile and a complete waste of time. I'm not even watching the games at this point because of this nonsense and feel no remorse whatsoever because no sports fan should put up with this kind of abuse and risk sacrificing his health. I love sports because of what happens on the field or the court and the minute the other crap becomes more important I'm out for the time being and all of you should be too. I always say that the best years of a sports fan's life is childhood, because you're only focus at that age is, "did the team win or lose?" Kids don't spend their entire weeks on this other soap opera crap.

This season is further proof that as long as Snyder remains the owner, this franchise will continue to suck.

I'm just glad I got the chance to see the team win 3 SB in my lifetime. Wish I knew then that the organization would be ruined forever once Snyder took over.

Here's what's going to happen:

Mike comes out to do his normal presser. Keeps getting peppered with questions about his status, his relationship with RG3, relationship with Snyder, etc. After about 15 minutes of this there's an interruption.

The lights go out, then you hear Vince McMahon's "No Chance in Hell" music playing. Out struts Snyder. Walks up and takes the microphone from Shanny and says "YOU'RE FIRED!". Snyder drops the mic, the music starts playing again and he walks back to his office.

I posted that last night. Except I embedded the Vince music. Thief > :(

http://es.redskins.com/topic/374873-wp-mike-shanahan-daniel-snyder-relationship-might-be-damaged-beyond-repair/page-3#entry9660176

To everyone that is complaining about benching RGIII for the last three games, that is just silly.  We suck from top to bottom.  Why risk injuring him in three meaningless games?  Shanny is right on this one, he has been sacked 24 times in the past 5 games and was sacked 6 times yesterday alone.  

Y'all can't have your cake and eat it too.  Has everyone forgotten what happened to Drew Brees back in San Diego, when they played him in a meaningless game in the 4th quarter?  He messed his shoulder up.  Look at what happened to Mark Sanchez this year in pre-season, Rex left him in a meaningless game and he hurt his shoulder, done for the season.  

And, no we shouldn't start him and let him play a quarter or half then switch to Cousins.  At this point in the season, we put Cousins out there and see what we got, from start to finish.  Most of the fans were calling for Cousins to start the first 2-4 games this year and seem to think we would have been 2-2 or 3-1.........so how can you have faith in Cousins to start the first 4 games this season and be a winner but not the last 3 games?  

Either you have faith in him or you do not.  I'd like to see what he can do and if he goes 2-1 or 3-0, then his trade value increases greatly (i.e. 2nd rounder, possibly a 1st).  He stinks it up, then who cares, it can't hurt his current trade value anymore than it probably currently is (i.e 4-5th rounder?).  How many picks that late in the round are we going to get value from anyhow?

Please don't bench RGIII. I do not want to hear my brother's mouth since he bet me $50 that RGIII will not be the QB in 2014.

What does benching him in 2013 have anything to do about him playing in 2014?  

Disagree 100%.

Matt Ryan is having a horrible year, but would you bench him for the backup? How about Eli Manning? RGIII is not a wuss, let him play and learn.

This is a FU to Snyder, the team, and the fans.

NYG and Falcons don't have a back-up QB they could possibly try out and get a 1st or 2nd round pick out of........we do.  Plus, the Giants, while unlikely, could finish 8-8, likely 7-9 and Eli isn't coming off major knee surgery and getting killed out there.  Same with Ryan, he's not taking a beating, they lost a ton of players to injury.  Granted, they are 3-10 too, but he's not getting hit like RGIII is or exposed like RGIII is.  

Coaches are also playing for their jobs, Mike wants out.  

If Robert sits this will be 2/2 seasons he hasn't started every game. Not a good look for a franchise QB...

Don't blow this out of proportion.  RGIII missed one game last year, that's it, played in 16 total games.  He has started and played in 13 games this season, missing the entire off-season and pre-season games coming off major knee surgery.  

Benching him now means he will be on the sidelines as QB2, so he's not missing a game, he's just not starting the game.  He will have the clipboard and observing/watching/assisting with looks/reads, play calls, etc.  

Zero injury risk to our franchise QB by benching him in meaningless games.  It's protecting the future of the franchise and Snyder's investment in what it took to obtain him.  All the analysts/experts have said all along that RGIII not being able to have an off-season to work on his transition towards playing in the pocket has hurt his growth tremendously and it's extremely hard to learn on the fly.  

Y'all act like all this is new news or something.  They have been stating this the entire off-season and the past 14 weeks.  There is absolutely more risk in playing him than reward.  I'd rather finish 3-13 knowing he is healthy going into next season that finish 5-11 or 6-10 and him get hurt in a meaningless game and prolong his development yet another off-season/year.

You guys are missing the hell out of the point.

This has nothing to do with Rob playing. It's about a pathetic powerplay attempt by an egomaniac.

I don't care if Tony Banks starts Sunday. That's irrelevant

Regardless, benching him is the best thing right now.  He needs to be humbled as much as we don't need him risking injury in meaningless games.  Look at how he's acted in some of the press conferences after games this year.  He has needed to shut the hell up since spring/summer when he started rehabbing.  

You guys are missing the hell out of the point.

This has nothing to do with Rob playing. It's about a pathetic powerplay attempt by an egomaniac.

I don't care if Tony Banks starts Sunday. That's irrelevant

Thank you. This has nothing to do with Griffin. I were to not play him, it would be yesterday in a ****ing snowstorm, against a beast front 7 pissed off coming off of a 3 game losing streak. This is a Shanahan ego trip. Thats the real issue. He could've just sat Griffin after the Denver fiasco. Nothings really changed since then.

Simple speculation by SI that since he didn't get fired today, that Dan must be working on a way to not pay him. Yeah, that must be it.

Dan was likely caught off guard with the latest mole festivities. Unless he had hired a top NFL consultant long ago he needs time to make this situation go away that is not worse than leaving Mike in place. Lord knows Bruce Allen is no help. Give Dan time.  Dan does not want  to switch up to a clown interim head coach that lets say runs RG3 into a NT in a knee jerk reaction to Mike's power play.

Make no mistake, no owner likes to pay people to do nothing. If they did, they likely would not be owning a team.

I am intrigued by the idea of Dan getting his lawyers going after Kyle in any way possible right now. We found the mole headline grabber.

Archived