Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

si.com: Redskins reportedly exploring ways to fire and withhold money from Mike Shanahan

Toe Jam

If he is serious about starting Cousins for the last 3 games, then Snyder should not hesitate and fire this scumbag before the day is over.

RGIII had said he needed the remaining games to get comfortable as a pocket passer and progress as a NFL qb. Starting Cousins makes zero sense at all!!!

The more I think about it the more I think Shanahan deliberately left RGIII in the Seattle game last year hoping for something bad to happen.

If he benches RG3 for the last three games I doubt Robert will be able to keep his mouth shut.  If he goes crazy to the media, right or wrong, it will hurt his own image and the whole "RG-Me" thing will stick.  Dan might need to hit the "FIRE" button if Shanahan intends to go through with that.  

Oh **** it's gona' be an EPIC **** storm of he said/ she said. With RGII sticking his oar in.

Snyder, why? Why keep this **** going? He's NOT going to walk. You're gona' HAVE to bite the bullet and pay him. 

Hail. 

What a rat Shanny is. And I say that having been a longtime defender of him.

He made the mess. He is accountable for it. The only thing Snyder -- who I'm no fan of -- is accountable for is hiring him.

Shanny has gotten everything he has wanted from day one. He knows that is irrefutable so he is trying to somehow blame the team's problems on RG3 and Snyder being close. It's insane. I don't care if Snyder is secretly married to RG3 -- it still wouldn't explain our terrible D and literally the worst ST in NFL history.

Shanny saw a chance to salvage his reputation and possibly get the Houston job. He played a sleazy bad card and the media -- at least the ones in the know -- saw right through it. He has been exposed and knows it. He is a desperate rat now. Screw him. Toss him out on his fraudulent but. And if Snyder was smart, he'd toss Bruce Allen out with him. Because the problem with a yes man is no coach you want will want to work for him.

Hail.

What a debacle this is. Is it me, or are we witnessing a Shanny/Snyder chess match in progress? Even from a casual observer, it appears that Shanny stating he wants to start KC in Atlanta (for not wanting to risk RG3 to injury :rolleyes: ) is just another move designed to get Snyder to go checkmate on his ass. This is worse than reality TV, guys. :(

I believe the leak is RG3's camp, and Shanny is responding by putting RG3 in the doghouse (benching)

I'm not sure I believe that Shanny is the leak.  All this info has done is paint Shanny in a negative light.  Shanny for all his faults is cunning and would have probably known that.  The "walking out during the playoffs" line does not help Shanny's future employment chances at all.

That said, Shanny, RG3, the rest of the coaching staff and the rest of the team are all to blame for this mess.

Am I crazy or was there a significant portion of this board shouting to bench Griffin the rest of the season to keep him healthy over the past couple weeks once we were eliminated from any playoff possability? I don't really think we need to bench him, but I don't think what Shanahan is saying is some kind of craziness.

I'd love to see Robert put a finger in Shanny's chest on Sunday, and sit him down.

Win or lose, I better see my ****ing QB Sunday.  In person.  Playing.  Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!

Best get there early for pre-game warm-ups. 

Am I crazy or was there a significant portion of this board shouting to bench Griffin the rest of the season to keep him healthy over the past couple weeks once we were eliminated from any playoff possability? I don't really think we need to bench him, but I don't think what Shanahan is saying is some kind of craziness.

Under normal circumstances it wouldn't be. 

Under these circumstances, given the tension between him and Robert and what's gone down over the weekend, It's bat **** craziness and not without a realistic question of being TOTALLY agenda driven. 

Hail. 

Just saying - Shanny will be back next year.....

We get it. You've said it. If you're right, you can bump it later. Now stop baiting people with your bull****. Because it's obvious this is ending ugly, sooner rather than later.

"I'm surprised Niles Paul would say that; once you start playing a perfect game you can start critiquing other players, so that does disappoint me that he would say something like that."

Well, Shanny is the one making sure our reserve TE is the one handling KO returns. Great move.

If Shanny was so worried about RG3 getting hurt, why did he play him on our crappy field yesterday in the snow/rain? Wasn't too worried about him getting hurt yesterday.

He's BEGGING to be sacked. Which Snyder won't do as he want's him to resign to save the money. Which he's NEVER gona' walk away from. 

This is beyond ******* stupid and will make us into a DAILY National laughing stock/ side show from here on out.

Why Danny? Why?

Hail. 

If Shanny was so worried about RG3 getting hurt, why did he play him on our crappy field yesterday in the snow/rain? Wasn't too worried about him getting hurt yesterday.

He's not. You know it, and I know it. And the reporters know it. But I bet Shanny thinks he's the smartest man in the room.

At this point, I'm all in favor of sitting rg3 for the rest of the year If Cousins plays very well, shop him. Get as much as you can. If he doesn't, what have you lost?

Plus, it will show if Rg3 is really playing the Diva card.

Or when he ran him into the ground vs. the Giants, or when they ran the triple option recently.

It's bull****. He's just giving an ultimatum to Snyder.

Saw a tweet that explains it perfectly--he's holding our franchise QB hostage in order to get Dan to fire him.

He's BEGGING to be sacked. Which Snyder won't do as he want's him to resign to save the money. Which he's NEVER gona' walk away from. 

This is beyond ******* stupid and will make us into a DAILY National laughing stock/ side show from here on out.

Why Danny? Why?

Hail. 

You mean we aren't a laughingstock sideshow already, GHH? :angry:

Seriously, you hit the nail on the head. Shanny and Snyder are in a chess match (as I posted earlier) and Shanny just put himself in a perfect postion for Snyder to checkmate him. RG3 being benched is nothing more than a ploy to get canned (Take the money and run from the Steve Miller Band comes to mind :D ) and will attempt to bring credibility to the whole Snyder/RG3 lovefest simultaneously. That Shanny, the force is strong with him. :angry:

Archived