Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

si.com: Redskins reportedly exploring ways to fire and withhold money from Mike Shanahan

Toe Jam

http://nfl.si.com/2013/12/09/mike-shanahan-daniel-snyder-washington-redskins/

More evidence that this Washington season has gone off the rails: The franchise already may be trying to figure out how to both fire Mike Shanahan and deny him the money owed to him over the remainder of his contract, Mark Maske of the Washington Post reported.

Shanahan is signed through 2014 at $7 million per season. Should the Redskins can him at any point prior to then, they still would be on the hook for the remainder of that cash. However, per Maske, Washington could contend that Shanahan violated the terms of his contract by allegedly leaking to ESPN that he considered quitting as head coach because of frustration with owner Daniel Snyder.

click link for more

You know, I can't help but feel like it's time to get it over with and just can Shanny no matter what the cost.  Chalk it up to another tough lesson learned.  But dragging this out makes no sense and is only detrimental to the team. Just can him, pay him, and move on.

I know dan is a rich punk but some of you all are asking Snyder to just give him millions and move on. Do you know how weird that is? My ex landlord denied me 300 dollars of my sec deposit and I threaten small claims court...

Man, you used to never hear much of anything out of Redskins Park when Shanny first got here. Now it's like everyday TMZ is setup in the parking lot.

The sooner this is over the better, and if that means firing him, so be it. We won't win anything in this type of toxic environment. And I feel its very telling NO ONE in upper management has come out in defense of Shanny or said that he's our head coach to squash this.

For the record I don't know if this is true, but we are like a weekly soap opera now, and I'm afraid its just going to end with 2 or 3 more blowouts because of it.

Do we have to keep speculating about Shanahan's future?  I want today's press conference to be how the team is looking to correct their special teams and defensive mistakes, and preparing for a suddenly feisty Atlanta team.

Also, the team would not be able to practice today and tomorrow without the bubble over the practice field in Ashburn.  You can thank Shanny for that, always looking for ways to be more competitive.  

Told you guys, Dan doesn't like to pay guys to sit at home.

Nope, but a contract is a contract.  If he were to try anything like that I think you would expect to see him sued for the $7million + interest + legal fees.  The messy dispute would give future coaching candidates pause when considering whether their contracts would be honored by the owner.  Danny may still be peeved after Schottenheimer stuck it to him when Schotty signed with the Chargers at a nominal salary so that the majority would still be paid by Snyder. 

Archived