Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Mike Shanahan-Daniel Snyder relationship might be damaged beyond repair

SkinsHokieFan

Last year, KC was 2-14, had a player murder his girlfriend and kill himself in front of the GM/Coach, the team was awful, looked like a joke in one of the worst divisions in the NFL (worse than ours until this year.)

This year they drubbed us by multiple scores and are on their way to the playoffs, unless they collapse and their offensive weapons (who tehy already had ON THE TEAM) have all of a sudden looked like elite talent.

We'll be OK.  Nothing sad about this piece of **** Shanahan going out.

as I fully expected.  Mitchell and Matich on post game criticizing Snyder.  Shanahan has barely been mentioned.  They are talking about owners and GM's, lol.

Matich just said it.  Shawn Springs said that the report was "speculation."  Matich just responded with "the perception is all that matters."

He's absolutely correct.

Springs also said Kraft was at Brady's locker after every game.  The wins come down to personnel, scouting, strategy and player execution.

The Mike Shanahan watch in Washington entered a new phase Sunday. There is some doubt whether Shanahan will even survive the weekend.

NFL Media's Jeff Darlington reports that Redskins owner Dan Snyder is "pissed" with the current state of the organization, according to a team source. Darlington notes that some members of the staff are bracing for Shanahan's firing to happen Sunday night. Those beliefs are based on Snyder's current demeanor during conversations with members of the staff.

The story is not a surprise. The Redskins were getting embarrassed at home against Kansas City on Sunday, with the crowd practically empty after the Redskins went into halftime trailing 38-10.

ESPN reported Sunday that Shanahan was prepared to quit the team late last season because of his stormy relationship with Snyder. The Washington Post later reported that some members of theRedskins organization questioned the timing of that story, believing that Shanahan wants out of Washington in order to be a candidate for the Houston Texans job.

The Redskins situation has gone from ugly to uglier to rock bottom. It no longer sounds like a matter of if Shanahan will be fired, only when.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000294178/article/dan-snyder-is-pissed-at-state-of-washington-redskins

and that will be a sad day for me.  Sad day.  

That will be a great day for me, well today will be, if Shanny is fired later on tonight like I think he will.

I do believe that if the Skins win anything under Snyder; it will be in spite of him and not because of him.

When the Shanny firing comes, I will be looking at what Danny does.   Does Danny announce the the search will involve a getting a GM here first and then getting a coach.  If so, then I will be glad because Danny will at least have finally realized he needs to get the right structure in place.    If not and he said that he will begin his coaching search; then it will probably the same thing and you have to hope he finally hits it on a coach.  My guess Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy will be atop Danny's list.

Springs also said Kraft was at Brady's locker after every game.  The wins come down to personnel, scouting, strategy and player execution.

I swear I think Trevor Matich has been reading my posts.

Anyone notice in Shannys postgame presser the screen with the Skins logo and FedEx logo was black.....yet when RG3 appeared it was lit back up? Coincidence? :)

I doubt it

Last year, KC was 2-14, had a player murder his girlfriend and kill himself in front of the GM/Coach, the team was awful, looked like a joke in one of the worst divisions in the NFL (worse than ours until this year.)

This year they drubbed us by multiple scores and are on their way to the playoffs, unless they collapse and their offensive weapons (who tehy already had ON THE TEAM) have all of a sudden looked like elite talent.

We'll be OK.  Nothing sad about this piece of **** Shanahan going out.

LOL....we haven't BEEN 'OK' for twenty years.  

Oh is that all we need?  Someone to do personnel, scouting, strategy and player execution.  And when was the last time ANYONE was here who could do those things effectively? 

Daniel Snyder is the problem with this franchise, if you haven't figured it out by now you're beyond hopeless. It's too bad that the deserved bad karma for that little weasel ultimately ruins it for the loyal following of this franchise.

You have the audacity to call others "hopeless" while spouting off about karma?

This was one of, if not THE worst efforts put on the field, period.

In my frustrations, I've blasted and vented towards players, coaches, etc,  and scream out loud 'why the hell can't we just have a normal organization'? Why? What did the Redskins organization do to deserve all of this?

Admittingly, and I think I speak for quite a few fans, that this game didn't hurt like usual; almost numbing to an effect that I knew something bad was coming but watched/listened anyway. It is kinda difficult to chalk this game up as another loss, with the way it turned out, but I look at it, dust myself off, and look at the win/loss column, and it will only have numbers by it, no pictures [ thank god ] .

I'm not defending Snyder, so don't get me wrong; I guess if I were rich and bought this team, I'm sure I'd screw things up 1000X more than anything done thus far. I can understand his love and passion for the team, along with his frustrations, and even to a degree, his personal involvement; afterall, it wasn't like he went to WalMart and bought a lucky lottery ticket and won the Redskins.

There is a lot of blame to spread around to most everyone; no one is really immune, yet a few deserve a lot more on their plate than others; the difference of opinion is, who are these people?

At this point, it is irrelevant to me; I just want to see it fixed, even if it means going through a couple more years of 8-8 or 7-9, but at least a steady improvement. I will sleep tonight hoping this was the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of performance and media frenzy, and even though I've had disagreements with other Redskin faithful, I'm confident that one day this will be a distant memory, and one day the biggest arguments on the forums will be who is elected to the Pro Bowl.

SIC

WHO are the trustees?  They should have known better than to sell to Snyder.

The trustees only had one mission and that was to maximize the sale price of the Washington Redskins to fund the Jack Kent Cooke foundation.

They did their job. The JKC Foundation is an amazing organization as well. 

Has Shanny been going through the motions? It has surprised me how mild mannered he has been on the sidelines this year when some crappy decisions went against us. Maybe Snyder should make Shannahan run sprints to see if he is fit to coach next week?

Snyder has history with this though. His relationship with Portis upset the locker room and the coaching staff.

Frankly, I don't care who is to blame anymore I'm just sick of watching this crap. I want my team to be a functional Franchise, not the joke they virtually always are.

I really hope Snyder does the right thing and renew the Shanahans.  Fire, demote, and harass everyone else on the coaching staff.

Yeah, this team has really kicked ass the past four games.  I think Mike deserves another five years and, while we're at it, double his salary.

ROTFLMAO................

Archived