Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Officially worse then Zorn/Spurrier. I am totally defeated as a fan

SkinsHokieFan

Look...

and if you don't believe that anymore...than stand by for the latest inevitable rebuild.  

There is going to be a rebuild if Shanny stays or not. I want him gone the main reason being he has corrupted the chain of command by being GM and HC and surrounding himself with friends, family members, and yes men. Until the GM situation is fixed this franchise is doomed.

Hail

I didn't think we would be this bad this year, but I guess I'm not as shocked as everyone else seems to be. We beat zero elite teams last year (minus the Ravens miracle), our rookie QB was coming off of an ACL, and we drafted two late round safeties to fix our secondary. One is out, the other is struggling.

We rode the hot hand last year, and in retrospect, probably played waaaay over our heads down the stretch. The same problems this year were there last year, if you were being completely honest with yourselves.

I am not surprised that we got manhandled by the 49ers, they are a super solid football team.

Griff is taking a beating back there, and our WRs are easy to shut down. We really missed JReed out there tonight, and we've missed Hank the last couple of weeks. Yes...Hankerson. :)

Last year was the perfect storm of awesome, this year is the perfect storm of vomit. I just think we are really handcuffed on both sides of the ball, and I hope whatever direction we go will be the right one.

However, I will never stop loving my Skins. Ever. I still believe in Griff. He's a smart guy, he'll get this thing figured out.

Hail.

I agree w/this...I wasn't expecting a repeat performance of last season this year...QB spending the whole off season rehabbing from MAJOR knee surgery(which a lot of fans seem to dismiss for some reason...MOST folks take more time to even walk again than it took him to get back on the field...AP's rehab was NOT the norm for those that keep comparing RG to him and asking that question of why he couldn't do the same..really?) I'm not saying RG3 should be given a total pass for some of his actions & decisions this season thus far...he should be held accountable for it...but he's not Superhuman(whaaaattt can u believe it? the nerve of him being just plain human :P )..there are alot of problems here...not just RG3..it's a team failure from the top to the bottom. I picked San Fran to beat us and hoped for the best and anyone who thought we were actually going to win that game was smoking some good stuff...I won't turn my back on this team...I've seen worse trotted out there on that field in my 41 yrs of fandom of this team and it wasn't that long ago(ok it was longer than it seems..lol) Let's just work toward getting this fixed...HTTR anyway!!

p.s. I wore my Skins jacket to work today..so far so good...I've had 1 sympathizer come in to my office..we had a moment,, :ph34r:

The reasons for this teams woes are not complicated. I've said them time and time again for years. Does that mean I think I could fix this team? Hell no. I'm not anywhere near qualified enough for that. The guys in charge are, without a doubt, better football men than I am. But sometimes, when you're in the thick of things, you can't see the whole picture. I know I've done it before. It happens.

1. Shanahan should not be a GM/Coach. In fact, I don't think anyone should be, save for the extremely, extremely rare human being (Belichick is a good example of the rarity). That's not a knock on Shanahan. It's the structure. Shanahan doesn't answer to anyone. He has full autonomy. That's an issue. A GM/Coach combo is a great thing. It allows the Coach to shop for their own groceries while still having the GM there to veto/talk about things once they have performed the valid research through scouting reports and film study. How much time does Coach Shanahan have to evaluate potential personnel acquisitions on his own? I'm sure he makes some time, and he does it. Coach Shanahan is a professional. I realize he's not popular right now, but the guy is 100% professional and knows the business. He likely busts his ass for this franchise in every way conceivable. That's why this isn't a knock on Coach, but rather putting too much on his plate.

I do believe that a head coach needs to be able to go shopping for the players he wants, and I think having that ability is extremely important to the success of the team. But that's where a true GM comes into play. Allen has been phenomenal for us in the jobs that he does. But the hiring of a GM, who is in charge of football operations, is vital to the success of this franchise. The head coach should have conversations with him and plans should be laid out through that means. That may be something that is even occuring, but when your head coach is also an executive that is technically a superior to the GM, that layout doesn't work as well. And no, I'm not saying Shanahan is doing anything wrong in that regard... But it's tough to tell a superior "no" when he is adament about something. I don't blame Allen, Shanahan, ect. for that, I blame the structure. We need a front office structural change. We need to beef up the scouting department.

We have solid scouts. We need more of them.

2. A lack of attention to the offensive and defensive lines through the meaningful rounds of the NFL Draft. I did a whole thread on that, so I'm not going to beat that horse. But I truly find this to be an issue, regardless of the 'why'.

3. We need to have a defensive coordinator that has control of the defense. His staff, the schemes, ect. I don't know if Haslett has those things or not, there are rumors circulating that he may not, but really, who knows? But I don't believe Haslett ever had control of his staff of coaches. So in some ways, it's tough to totally blame Haslett there. I don't blame Shanahan in my first point, but I think this one is an issue.

I'm at a point where I won't waste my money on this team.  It's been 30 long years, few good times, mostly bad. I pay for the Sunday Ticket every year in the hopes of watching the Skins produce.  Every year, except a few, I get disappointed.  OP said it best we're all just deflated and defeated while watching this team.  Defense has been horrid in the last three years.  They've coninually been in the bottom yet Haslett remains in charge.  I really am at a loss for words and don't want to be banned on the forums.  I do believe Robert can be a really good QB for us.  Obviously some changes need to be made, but I do trust the kid will guide us.

Last season before the winning streak i was all about keeping Shanny and letting things play out. And to be honest i still might consider keeping the guy if he fired Kyle and Haz. But no way he does that and no way those guys can be back next season.

Time to move onto someone who can motivate and get young guys to play to their potential. 

The team is beyond a joke right now. In my 100% honest opinion this team is the worst team in football right now. And i think we will show it over the last 5 games.

Gibbs 2 with Vinny > old ego and Bruce

As much as I hate to admit it I think I agree -- I was not in the camp of excitement when we brought back Gibbs,.....anyway,......

It's fairly apparent after the watching the game last night that Shanny's lost team,....at least it looks that way.  I know the Skins are not good right now but I was very surprised the to see the team give such piss poor effort.  Completely embarrassing.  It also looks like a good portion of the team has lost faith in Robert, and I think Robert is completely overwhelmed mentally and emotionally.  His lack of experience on the field and off is just dangling out there all stingy, red and swollen for the world to see.  It's easy to say Shanny should be fired at this point,...he probably should.  But what then?

It's hard to imagine they'll win another game, but for prides sake someone needs to step up in the locker room and say "we're not going to be little ****es for the rest of the season and get the beat down for the last 5 games .".  Regardless of how they feel about RGIII, the Shanahans, etc,...you need to take personal responsibility and have some f*cking pride, play hard and try to get a win next week against the Giants.  I don't know how you allow yourself to look so bad on national television,.......holy f,...

Yeah, I said it, and I still think keeping him will give us the best chance to win a Super Bowl within the next 2 or 3 years.  I'm not sure why some of you are so eager to torpedo everything and start over again.  I see that plan as very likely delaying our next Lombardi. Maybe some of you want Shanahan gone so bad you can't see the bigger picture.  Starting over again will almost certainly start another rebuilding process.  

Maybe I'm wrong...maybe Shanahan should go...right now.  Tomorrow.  See ya.  I just hope that all of you that joygasm when that happens realize that if it happens we are very likely right back at square one again.  Personally, I would like to see another Super Bowl at some point before I'm collecting social ****ing security checks.  

We cannot continue this cycle of starting over every time we have a bad season.  Last year for me cancelled out the first two years.    

Why do people still cling to this "starting over" myth if this team changes coaches?  How's the "starting over" process going with the Eagles?  With the Chiefs?  With the Cardinals?  With the Bears?  Heck, even the Bills and Browns have more wins with a rookie head coach!!  Only the rookie head coach in Jacksonville is doing worse than Shanahan, and Bradley is only one game worse, with much worse talent!  This team is ALREADY back to square one - keeping Shanahan is just embracing the continuity of losing. 

Beyond putrid, I am at a loss for words to describe it at this point, so IMO anyone that helped assemble this disaster needs to go, or at the very least have to justify being retained.

This is a "moment" for TheDan, an opportunity to clearly show if the faint tremblings of hope that has grown as an owner were misplaced or not. Seriously, what has he got to lose? The season? The fanbase? He ought to act, act now, act decisively and then take the heat for his decisions, screw the media, do what needs doing FOR THE GOOD OF THE FRANCHISE!

Whatever he feels that needs to be

Fire Shanahan

From a cannon if that will help

Extend Shanahan, if he can look in the mirror and convince himself that's required.

Whatever

Right now I am hardpressed to believe that anything would "make things worse", doing nothing and riding the rest of the season around the bowl and down the tubes to me is the worst possible scenario. Make some effort to get something of value, no matter how small, how insignificantly Craigslist giveaway inconsequential for this vomit.

Even during the Zorn years I have never felt as low about this team as I do today. In fact, I think it is so utterly hopeless that I'd prefer to see this team forfeit the next 5 games than go out, embarass themselves and potentially **** up their talented QB.

Clearly the Redskins need an intervention.

I don't even know what to hope for any more.

Since 2010, this has been a nightmare for me. I feared we have trading in one mess for another as I wasn't happy with the hiring of Shanahan. To me, it was more of the same because Snyder over powered a retread coach & hiring coach's son. Haslett as the defensive coordinator? Truthfully, I wanted this staff gone way before RG3 era. Sadly, it turns out to be true. 

Off season can't come soon enough. 5 games left and Shanahans reign ends. (I hope)

At this point I see no hope for the future of this team. Yeah we have cap space next offseason, but the amount of needs we now have is alarming and that's not a "knee jerk reaction."

I also am under the impression that RGIII's teammates simply don't like him. Before some of you get in an uproar over that comment that is just my opinion and nothing more.

I also am under the impression that RGIII's teammates simply don't like him. Before some of you get in an uproar over that comment that is just my opinion and nothing more.

There is something "not right" about RGIII's relationship with somebody in this organization. I have no idea who it is or what it is about, but there's that.

In a way, I wish RGIII had struggled last year. Last year was too easy, too fun, and too much like Baylor. The NFL is brutal and miserable and the sooner you come to accept that, the better off you are.

Look at the winning QBs of the last decade - Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger. Do any of them ever look happy to you? I wonder if the game stopped being fun for RGIII this year, and he hasn't figured out how to deal with that. 

It's actually really easy to fix this team:

1: get a GM who's actually good at the draft

2: get a coach who's actually good at managing a team

Our talent base sucks but it's not Jaguars bad, all we need is a good GM who can get 2 quality OL starters and a coach that can get 2 of our 4 bums to play average, and then get RGIII a full offseason of work and we can at least build on something.

Shanny hits on one or two guys a class at most - teams like Seattle get 3 or 4 hits a class.

I've been a loyal Coach Shanahan supporter. But when you stand up in front of 30 reporters and show ZERO human emotion, it gives off the impression that your stupid or careless about the failures of your organization.

Coach Gibbs would always stand up and say "This is all on me" or "Maybe I need to do a better job of game planning," You hear NONE OF THAT from Shanahan. It's always "missed opportunity" or "we didn't execute." 

Take some blame dammit! Your giving off the impression that this disaster is'nt your fault and your making the players feel like dunces.

I've never been a fan of Dan Snyder because he exudes an ego that most people don't catch on too right away. I truly believe the man has "little Napoleon Complex" but tries really hard to hide it. I will give him credit for seeming to step away and letting his people run things, but has he really stepped away as an owner or just stepped back a bit? People just don't change that quickly.

I gave the Shanahan's the benefit of the doubt in the beginning but the chemistry just isn't there now. RGIII's demeanor shows me than the guy is not happy at all. I would be the same way if I were getting hit and hurried as much as he is.

It is the coaches job to get the players motivated and working together as a team and that just isn't happening. There is such a thing as being over coached and basic's get lost in too many things. I believe that is what has happened. Too many chiefs and not enough warriors.

Get back to the basic's, 1st downs equal touchdowns and so forth, then expand on them. RGIII can't find an open receiver because our lines are getting blown up on both sides of the ball. We need a new gang of  "Hogs" . I would fire all the cheerleaders and bring in short plump girls just to prove a point...lol.

Danny hasn't really been that involved. He's just bad at selecting managerial talent. How the hell did he get so rich? Seriously.

What he needs to do is hire a super qualified GM from another team that everyone knows is competent, like Eric DeCosta, and have him rebuild the organization on a foundational level.

Archived