Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I don’t know what is the point of a console if you can reliably get 60 FPS at 4K resolution through streaming. There is no point for a clunky box that only lasts 3-4 years in its production cycle. 

I read that Google will make the hardware for it free eventually. That will put a lot of pressure on console developers to keep their products economically competitive.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

I don’t know what is the point of a console if you can reliably get 60 FPS at 4K resolution through streaming. There is no point for a clunky box that only lasts 3-4 years in its production cycle. 

I read that Google will make the hardware for it free eventually. That will put a lot of pressure on console developers to keep their products economically competitive.

Are they planning on having new multiplayer games?  Like Battlefield, CoD, Madden, NBA2K, etc.?  Cause the only thing I can find is they said, "stay tuned for more details" in regards to multiplayer titles.  No multiplayer, no good for me.  I'll stick with consoles and PC.

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Are they planning on having new multiplayer games?  Like Battlefield, CoD, Madden, NBA2K, etc.?  Cause the only thing I can find is they said, "stay tuned for more details" in regards to multiplayer titles.  No multiplayer, no good for me.  I'll stick with consoles and PC.

They have The Division 2 and Destiny 2 in the initial launch, which are both multiplayer and co-op titles so I think most likely they will also support other multiplayer games too eventually. 

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

define "reliably".  Also latency.

22 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Civ Revolution was free on Xbox a year ago and I grabbed it. I adored it but could tell it was a casual watered down version of what the series most likely was. Plus every game ended right when **** started to get interesting with multiple powers reaching tech advancements a the same time. There was a stupid turn limit which sucked. I don’t think any others are on console.  

I'm a Civ fanboy.  The franchise is just hard enough and in-depth enough for me that I can play it for a long time and still enjoy it as a casual.  I've been playing them regularly since Civ III, and I actually really love Civ Revolutions.  I've played it over and over since it launched like 10+ years ago.  I'm not that good at most video games, but I am bizarrely good at that one, to the point where I can almost always win any type of victory with any civilization on deity.  I can't even come close to winning on deity without cheating my ass off with mods on the big versions of the game.  For me, Civ Rev is like sitting down to a two or three hour game of chess that is satisfyingly challenging and dynamic.  It's super fun for what it is.

Has anyone ever played the Paradox strategy games like Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings?  They had a huge Steam sale on them last weekend, and I thought about diving into one of them.  But they looked suuuuuuuper weedsy and in depth and I've never played any of them before.  Literally not sure if I'm smart enough to play them without devoting my life to learning the mechanics.

21 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its better with the new DLC but I still think 5 was the superior Civ game.

I loved 5, but 6 added some really fun and immersive mechanics that I would miss if I went back to 5.  Once you get used to the district and wonder mechanics, I think it becomes more fun than 5.  City planning is much more challenging, necessary, and satisfying.  And I've never been a real aggressive player, so I like that the war mechanics are so much more in depth and that the result is wars are more collaborative and infrequent.  I do feel like suzerainty should be nerfed though, because those city states just pump out units and I've been able to wipe out computer players on normal difficulty with city state allies alone.

Another thing I like about 6 is the game's mechanics are a lot more transparent than they've been in the past.  It was really hard to figure out the math in the old games.  The learning curve is friendlier for 6.

21 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Because I like owning my products and being able to play them whenever and wherever I want.  I don't like paying for rights to user a product on someone else's terms.

I also don't want latency.

There is 0 chance that you can play those streaming services in any competitive manner due to latency, as well as just it being over a network the whole time.

Games being 4k and 60fps streaming can't even happen yet though, as seen in the video above.  Plus sound on streaming sucks as well.  While I know I'm in the minority, I still rent blurays from Redbox because the sound (and video quality) of anything streaming can't compare to bluray.  ESPECIALLY the sound.

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

I really want a reason to get an Xbox

I wonder if he went back to the first ring to try to find Cortana remnants from where she inserted herself into the control terminal. 

Regardless, beyond excited for the return to the original art style and that classic soundtrack. Hopefully they can write themselves out of the hole they put the universe in with 5. Gameplay and graphics was great in 5, the level design and story wasn’t up to par and set it back imo. Please return to form. I need this 

MS E3 show was so very "meh".  The only game that looked somewhat interesting was that new Ori game.

And they are bringing a new console to launch with Halo.  Wow.  About as predictable as the Redskins season.

Oh, and the new console is going to be MORE POWERFUL AND FASTER LOAD TIMES THAN CURRENT GEN!  UNREAL!!!!!

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

FF7 remake comes out March 2020. That actually seems sooner than I thought. Hope they aren't rushing it. I was looking for a reason to hang on to my PS4, I guess that's it.

I'll give you another reason to put your PS4 to use. Get Days Gone, the game was plagued by glitches early, but the patches have helped a lot. The story is decent and the gameplay is awesome. 

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Its my rpg last stand. Odyssey is my self assessment that has led me to the conclusion that I now hate these games.

Divinity Original Sin 2, is my RPG savior. I got bored of Odyssey, but DOS2 is an amazing creation. I've never see a game basically invite you to break it, because it has so many options and different approaches to dealing with it's challenges.

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

I'll give you another reason to put your PS4 to use. Get Days Gone, the game was plagued by glitches early, but the patches have helped a lot. The story is decent and the gameplay is awesome. 

Is the story itself make the game worth it?  I like rdr2 and gta style games.  The only online I usually do is FPS games.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is the story itself make the game worth it?  I like rdr2 and gta style games.  The only online I usually do is FPS games.

In my opinion, yes the story is worth it. They put a different twist on your standard zombie situation, but I felt a connection to all of the major characters. 

Yeah, Projekt Red. Witcher 3 is incredibly clunky, but the fleshed out and complex  nature of all the quests really drew me in.

After this, I will probably not play another rpg ever again. The standard framework of current rpg's (looting, crafting, skill tree-ing, etc) makes me want to puke

Finished up Spiderman last night. It was good. I think the things that plagued it are the same things that plague all open world games, the monotonous side quests. I know I could skip them, but then I miss out on leveling up my character.

This is why I'm starting to dislike these big open world games. They just get too tedious. But, I'm the kind of person that has to 100% these. I don't platinum, no patience or time.

But, the Spiderman story and gameplay are fantastic. I loved all the nods to other Marvel comics and the guest appearance of a certain someone.

Archived