Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

If you were on the fence about getting an Xbox One because of the $100 price difference, looks like Microsoft is running a promotion where they'll give you $100 off an Xbox One if you trade in your PS3.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/30/5361146/microsoft-offers-100-to-ditch-your-ps3-for-an-xbox-one

This is a cool deal I guess. The way ps+ is giving out games and with Dark Souls 2 coming, I don't know why anyone would want to give up their PS3 for $100 though

I sold my ps3 for $200 to upgrade to PS4 and I regret it big time. Missing out on DS2, Stick of Truth, and a bunch of free PS Plus games each month

I buy physical disks so I can resell them on ebay after I'm finished playing.  However, it is much nicer to have games downloaded on the hard drive and not have to deal with the disks at all.  On my ps4, I purchased ACIV via download because I knew I'd play it to death and the resale wouldn't be all that.  Other than the "Free" PSPlus games, I buy the disks.  If there was a significant discount to download the game, I'd consider it.  But in general, I have been able to buy games and play them, then flip them on ebay for a good price.

I don't buy many games, as I prefer multiplayer games, and I very rarely part with those. I've had fiber for at least 10 years now, so connection has never been an issue for me. Fortunately I've still never had to purchase a bluray (I think purchasing movies is ridiculous). Renting single player games is the way to go, but I've never replayed a single player game after beating it, nor do I plan to. Steam has been selling digital copies of games for over 10 years and it's usually considerably cheaper than any retail store.

I suspect many people who are scared of the entire industry going to strictly digital content have poverty internet connections, and I understand the push back from them, but it won't hold the rest of us back from eliminating physical media.

if you game share w/ a friend who games, you save massive amount of money. it's the only reason i think going digital is better. if you buy 40 NEW games over the span of 5 years and your friend does the same, you save 2400 bones.

i have a pretty reliable friend to share PS4 games with, but my xbox friend is a dummy and won't fix his microsoft account so he can buy ****.

I don't buy many games, as I prefer multiplayer games, and I very rarely part with those. I've had fiber for at least 10 years now, so connection has never been an issue for me. Fortunately I've still never had to purchase a bluray (I think purchasing movies is ridiculous). Renting single player games is the way to go, but I've never replayed a single player game after beating it, nor do I plan to. Steam has been selling digital copies of games for over 10 years and it's usually considerably cheaper than any retail store.

I suspect many people who are scared of the entire industry going to strictly digital content have poverty internet connections, and I understand the push back from them, but it won't hold the rest of us back from eliminating physical media.

I get 75Mbps/35Mbps and I sure as **** don't want an all digital library.

http://kotaku.com/net-neutrality-and-gaming-things-can-get-a-lot-worse-1507677978

If there was a significant discount to download the game, I'd consider it.  But in general, I have been able to buy games and play them, then flip them on ebay for a good price.

I do the exact same thing on Half.com. Recently I bout Crysis 2 for $6, including shipping on Half.com and then a week later I bought Crysis 3 for $5 off the PS store. It really makes a run at having some of the best graphics I have seen from a Sony game, plus it is a blast to play.

if you game share w/ a friend who games, you save massive amount of money. it's the only reason i think going digital is better. if you buy 40 NEW games over the span of 5 years and your friend does the same, you save 2400 bones.

I do that as well. Between that, half.com and PS+, I think I have played or currently own and will play shortly almost every meaningful game from this gen.

Outlast will be out on PS4 next week (free with a PS+ account) running native 1080p/60fps:

yup, looks beautiful! other ps plus games this month besides Outlast: Payday 2, Metro Last Light, and Remember Me.

all games less than a year old, were well reviewed (besides Remember Me), and were all released at $35 or more.

So far, Sony is delivering with the PS4 experience.

Tomb Raider on PS4 is pretty amazing. I highly recommend anyone who hasn't played it yet to pick it up. It is an absolutely beautiful game.

The story reminds me a little of Lost. Crazy mystery island, the others, etc.

Played Outlast last night for about an hour. I loved it. Its so intense. 

From the second you get into the asylum its pretty scary just walking around with your lumbering boots and floorboards creaking and knowing at any minute something is going to come after you. 

I love the camera dynamic and cutting on the night vision, which adds greatly to the tension especially when you are in a dark room and knowing the battery is about to run out and you will be in complete darkness. This is a really well made game so far. 

A couple of other things I really enjoy are the sound of your character's terrified breathing as he moves around. It's sounds great and really adds to the atmosphere and fright. I also like the hiding dynamic, under desks, in fireplaces, in lockers etc. Just hide because you have nothing to save you. Not having a gun definitely adds a lot to the horror. This is such an under appreciated and funded genre. 

Outlast is one of the freakiest games I've ever played.  Holy **** its intense.

I remember hearing about this game, but I'm stumped as to why it didn't get more hype.  Overall reviews for Outlast are pretty solid, and I only have maybe 10 minutes played but it is scary as hell. 

Outlast is one of the freakiest games I've ever played. Holy **** its intense.

I remember hearing about this game, but I'm stumped as to why it didn't get more hype. Overall reviews for Outlast are pretty solid, and I only have maybe 10 minutes played but it is scary as hell.

I started this last night after the wife and kids went to bed. Got to the first jump scare and said "Nope".....turned it off and went to bed. This one is going to take awhile to get through LOL.

I have no need to play scary video games. I'm too old for that ****. I don't care how large that makes my vagina appear to be.

Watched some of this game on Twitch. I think I'll pass.

Wuss.

Seriously, though, either a genre is for you or it isn't. I'm not big into things that use jump-scares as I find those cheap (games or movies), but I love when a game can create just such an aura of tension. When I played Fatal Frame IV, I could only play for about an hour at a time because I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and my mind needed a break.

Is the camera for the ps4 really hard to find? They don't have it available on Amazon. 

Yes. I've been trying to find one myself. NOBODY has them. A gamestop employee told me today that they haven't received any in a couple months! Sounds like Sony severely underestimated demand.

Outlast is one of the freakiest games I've ever played. Holy **** its intense.

I remember hearing about this game, but I'm stumped as to why it didn't get more hype. Overall reviews for Outlast are pretty solid, and I only have maybe 10 minutes played but it is scary as hell.

Have you made it to the surgeon yet?

Edit: And I'm now out of batteries. Oh ****!

Edit 2: Just beat the game. I was scared ****less but couldn't put the controller down.

Archived