Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

My kids want the XBox1, I didn't choose, in fact I would prefer they get a PS4 -- not sure how much difference it makes, but I remember my wife also interjecting

We already have a plain Wii... I've already put all the LEGO games onto the PC... I guess only the LEGO Movie videogame is not there.

My wife thinks Xbox1 controller is easier for our 7-year old girl to use... and PS4 is going to be dominated by my son... not sure what is true.  I just want to find some other games for my kids besides the obvious Forza/Madden/FIFA/NBA.... (which I will play the heck out of with my son). 

If you are going to only buy one console with no intention of buying the other later on, then you need to look at the exclusives on each system before you make a decision.  

That along with who will be spending the most time on it, and for multiplayer purposes for the people playing it, which console has most of your family and friends on it.  

Cross platform games are basically the same on both consoles.  So if the vast majority of games you are going to play are cross platform (Madden, NBA 2K16, Fifa, Destiny, etc.) it won't be much of a difference on which one you pick. 

I will say that the Xbox One is a lot easier to upgrade for more storage space than the PS4.  Both systems load the entire game on the hard drive, regardless if you bought it on disc or digital.  Once you start building you library up, depending on the size of the hard drive you go with, you might have to delete games to add new games.

If you are ok with that, not a big issue.  The Xbox One allows external hard drives to be connected via USB, PS4 does not.  So you can upgrade to a 2TB hard drive for like $99-149 and basically plug it in.  Or drop $50-75 on a 1TB one and plug it in.  PS4, does not allow plug in play hard drives, you basically have to take off the cover and manually upgrade to an internal one and it has to be one that fits, there are a lot of limitations on what can be used.

I own both, both are great machines and you can't go wrong picking one over the other, other than personal preferences and a couple of things being easier on one console.

When I was deciding on mine, it was a no brainer for me.  Most of the games I play are cross platform.  Also, the Xbox One at the time forced me to pay $100 extra for the kinect (they no longer do that now).  I checked with my BIL and SIL and good friends, all went PS4, so I went PS4.  A year later, I ended up buying an Xbox One during a black Friday sale.

My kids want the XBox1, I didn't choose, in fact I would prefer they get a PS4 -- not sure how much difference it makes, but I remember my wife also interjecting

We already have a plain Wii... I've already put all the LEGO games onto the PC... I guess only the LEGO Movie videogame is not there.

My wife thinks Xbox1 controller is easier for our 7-year old girl to use... and PS4 is going to be dominated by my son... not sure what is true.  I just want to find some other games for my kids besides the obvious Forza/Madden/FIFA/NBA.... (which I will play the heck out of with my son). 

Would say find out what console his/your friends have and get that one. Easiest way to decide which one to get IMO.

Halo 5 multiplayer has been pretty fun so far. I was hesitant to get the game, after the MCC debacle. Actually, Halo 5 is the first game in YEARS that I played on release day and there wasn't a single issue. We partied up, joined a game, and played lag free. My mind was blown.

Do you recommend I grab halo 5? Gameplay seemed similar to destiny, which isn't bad, the crucible just got repetitive. haven't touched the xbox in months but might startup soon. Also any word on that rainbow six seige game?

Do you recommend I grab halo 5? Isn't their some sort of edition that has all of the halos or aomething? I haven't touched the xbox in months but might startup soon. Also any word on that rainbow six seige game?

MCC was the Master Chief Collection, had all the previous Halo's on it.  As far as Halo 5, I've heard and read nothing but great things about it.  

I want to pull the trigger on it, but I'm still playing Madden 16, NBA 2K16, Guitar Hero Live, Destiny along with CoD BO3 that comes out this Friday (already pre-ordered) and SW Battlefront that comes out on the 17th (already pre-ordered).  I have no time left to work in another game right now lol

Mega Man Legacy collection, & Rare Replay are a great place to start if you decide to go XB1 for your kiddos.

Also...Child of Light, Forza, Re-Core, & Mighty No. 9 coming soon. Super T.I.M.E Force, the latest Worms game, Plants vs Zombies. Below is coming, Cuphead next summer. Rise of the Tomb Raider, & not to mention all the 360 games with Gold on top of the XB1 gamew with Gold, & finally the 360 backwards compatible games you will be able to buy on the cheap.

Just to name a few.

PS4 also has great options, & i am a massive "it's all preference" proponent as i own all 3 major systems.

There are several big reasons i would argue more in favour of the XB1, but i try not to influence gamers in their quest.

Ftr...i provided mainly XB1 titles because that was the original question, & i figure there will be plenty of contention for the other systems as well.

Awesome gonna find two buddies to buy fallout with.

Just an FYI - some Targets don't allow the same game to be bought more than once (or 3 times) in one purchase.

Hopefully that won't be a problem next week. 

Also..I think you can work a $5 gc out of the deal by going in and paying $1 for the preorder of it (FO4). 

Xbox One Fans, is this as simple as a yes or no answer?

I have a PS4.  My wife and I have 2 PS4s side by side.  I only have to "BUY" one ps4 game, but we can download it between our two accounts, and both play together at the same time.

Does xbox allow that?  if you buy Black Ops 3, can two accounts play it at the same time?!?  Becuase PS4 can.

in my humble (lol) opinion, PS4 destroys Xbox in that regard.  there's not even an argument.  PS4 wins, Xbox loses.......IF THAT IS IN FACT THE CASE.

but I was told xbox can't do that...........................but i'll gladly eat crow if they can.

Xbox One Fans, is this as simple as a yes or no answer?

I have a PS4.  My wife and I have 2 PS4s side by side.  I only have to "BUY" one ps4 game, but we can download it between our two accounts, and both play together at the same time.

Does xbox allow that?  if you buy Black Ops 3, can two accounts play it at the same time?!?  Becuase PS4 can.

in my humble (lol) opinion, PS4 destroys Xbox in that regard.  there's not even an argument.  PS4 wins, Xbox loses.......IF THAT IS IN FACT THE CASE.

but I was told xbox can't do that...........................but i'll gladly eat crow if they can.

Xbox 1 can do it exactly the same way PS 4 does. One account has to be the master.

For example, 1 xbox is the master xbox.  That's the one that you buy the game on.  After buying the game and downloading it, you make the other one your master xbox, then download the game to that one. You keep the second one as the master.  Go back to the first one, login under second account and play the game.  

My son and I do the same thing for PS4, We only have 1 xbox 1, but, my buddy has 2 and he does it.  I've played on his so I know it works.

You don't need the physical disk to play a non-digital download game in the PS4 (edit..or the XBox One)?

That seems like a big loss to Sony and Microsoft (and other game makers). What keeps people from sharing games (to play at the same time) all the time?

If you buy the disk, you have to have the disk to play.  The game sharing only works on digital downloads

If you buy the disk, you have to have the disk to play.  The game sharing only works on digital downloads

I guess that makes more sense. Not really for the $ loss it causes the companies (but from the logistics of sharing it, it does).

Not sure why Sony/Microsoft would force that issue on their developers. Seems like a money loser to them, to me.

I guess that makes more sense. Not really for the $ loss it causes the companies (but from the logistics of sharing it, it does).

yeah, I used to always buy the disks then sell on eBay when done. Now, if its a game my son and I will both play, I buy the digital copy. That way we basically get 2 copies for the price of one.

To me, the Xbox is much more user friendly. Better interface and much more interactive which would appeal more to younger gamers. And to be honest, my PS4 has collected dust for months. It just seems like a massive waste of money at this point.

Say what?  The current Xbox interface is a sluggish and cluttered mess.  

I had an early 60gb PS3 with the chip emulator. A few years later, I added the 360.

When faced with the choice of the new systems, I went with the One and I've been happy with it. I'm sure the PS4 has its nice things too..but really, they both play mostly the same games, they both have Blu Ray now...and I tend to think the controller on the One is better than the PS4 one.

But that's just my opinion. 

also..the upcoming (10 days, I think) backwards compat of about 100 Xbox 360 games on the XBox One has to be a nice selling point right now. 

Archived