Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I'm telling you guys..Best Buy gamers club is the deal if you are buying pre-orders or release date prices.

20% off and if you pre-order a lot of times, $10 gift certificates to use later on.

47.99 for the vanilla version of SW Battlefront plus a $10 gift cert. Hard to beat that til Black Friday..or later.

honest to god, Evil....so many of my gaming bros have told me that the Best Buy Gamer's Club is for real.  I'd probably go ahead and join if I knew what was good for me.

My wife convinced me to get it when I got my One - it was on sale at the time for something like $25 (I think it used to cost like $50 a year at one time) for 2 years. I think I made that up on my first 2 full price game purchases. Let alone the pre-order certs. It makes sense if you buy 3+ games over 2 years. Which I think most of us do. 

It's $30 right now..although I'm not too sold on the overall health of BB in general. So if you are planning on buy 3 games or so in the next year..I'd do it. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/my-best-buy/gamers-club/pcmcat338600050004.c?id=pcmcat338600050004

Yes. That was available also. But only for a select library of games, none of which i had. So i didnt get to experience that yet.

That's what I'm looking forward to the most. Buying Gears Ultimate Edition allows me to get Gears 2, 3, and Judgment to download. I also have the Mass effect series I'd like to play again. 

What if I could only choose one (for now)?

Are you lokking for horror or something that is going to hold you over the longest?

I'd go Dying Light if I only had one. It's an absolute blast though not to be confused with horror though it can get creepy and intense at night. One of my favorite games this gen. And it should Keep you busy for a long time. It's just really fun being out in a true open world surviving against zombies, climbing over fences and on top of buildings to escape and get to your objective

The Evil Within is the scariest out of the 3 easily and it's really long for a single player only campaign. But it's kind of hit or miss. It's a RE4 clone essentially which is a good thing Imo. It's a lot fun but something is just a bit off. Maybe it's the lack of story payoff at the end. It just doesn't quite stick the landing in some ways.

Until Dawn is just awesome and something any horror movie fan or choose your own adventure/quantic dreams type of game fan should play. Its about 10 hours and has some relayability added in if you want to see the different outcomes and causes/effects

I could careless about the Halo campaign. I dont think i have ever played through one of them.

All about the MP. If thats good...which it looks great the game will be great IMO

The Halo campaigns are amazing. You are doing a huge disservice to miss out on those especially if you are a fan of sci-fi. They form one hell of s fantastic story

The multiplayer in this looks great though.

Dying Light, Until Dawn, or The Evil Within?

I beat Dying Light and am on chapter 13 of Evil Within. If you liked Resident Evil 4, you'll love The Evil Within. It's an difficult game and you're going to cuss quite a bit but it's certainly fun. If I had to choose just one to play it would be Evil because Dying Light just wasn't that fun when I didn't have my friends to run through the campaign with.

You have to take into account that I'm an resident evil nerd so that plays into this answer quite a bit. I've even got the umbrella Corp symbol tattooed on my elbow lol. With that said, you'll most likely have fun with whichever one you choose.

Are you lokking for horror or something that is going to hold you over the longest?

I'd go Dying Light if I only had one. It's an absolute blast though not to be confused with horror though it can get creepy and intense at night. One of my favorite games this gen. And it should Keep you busy for a long time. It's just really fun being out in a true open world surviving against zombies, climbing over fences and on top of buildings to escape and get to your objective

The Evil Within is the scariest out of the 3 easily and it's really long for a single player only campaign. But it's kind of hit or miss. It's a RE4 clone essentially which is a good thing Imo. It's a lot fun but something is just a bit off. Maybe it's the lack of story payoff at the end. It just doesn't quite stick the landing in some ways.

Until Dawn is just awesome and something any horror movie fan or choose your own adventure/quantic dreams type of game fan should play. Its about 10 hours and has some relayability added in if you want to see the different outcomes and causes/effects

The Halo campaigns are amazing. You are doing a huge disservice to miss out on those especially if you are a fan of sci-fi. They form one hell of s fantastic story

The multiplayer in this looks great though.

Well im an RE fan (but Silent Hill nerd), but I can never turn down a Quantic Dream-esque experience. Until dawn it is

**** man, i'm in the same boat as you.  wait...are you gusy saying it releases early for pre-orders or something?!  

LOL, nah.  I was saying that our boy Springy don't need a ****ing review of BO3.  All he needs to know is that Chew pre-ordered it to play.  So buy it and lets pwn mofos RTT style.

For the record, it's pre-ordered bruh.  Can't wait to pwn ****ers with ya in a couple of weeks.  Went with the PS store pre-order.

LOL, nah. I was saying that our boy Springy don't need a ****ing review of BO3. All he needs to know is that Chew pre-ordered it to play. So buy it and lets pwn mofos RTT style.

For the record, it's pre-ordered bruh. Can't wait to pwn ****ers with ya in a couple of weeks. Went with the PS store pre-order.

I'll pre order it on the PS store I suppose.

What time are you guys normally on?

Halo 5 multiplayer has been pretty fun so far.  I was hesitant to get the game, after the MCC debacle.  Actually, Halo 5 is the first game in YEARS that I played on release day and there wasn't a single issue.  We partied up, joined a game, and played lag free.  My mind was blown. 

Now that I've said that, the game will probably go to **** when I play tonight. 

I don't have any complaints regarding the multiplayer itself.  It had more of a Halo 3 feel to it.  The movement actually felt clunky to me, but it's mostly due to being used to Hardline.  I adjusted quickly.  I hate the Halo controls, none of the layouts work for me.  No matter what I think one aspect of gameplay is handicapped due to the lack of buttons on a controller that you can constantly touch.  This game may push me to actually get the new Elite controller, but I thought it was supposed to be released yesterday, yet I can't find any available.  If anyone knows what's up with that, please let me know.

Grenades feel more effective.  That "Halo teamwork" feel that no other game can match is still there.  The movement seems more similar to Halo 3, with the addition of sprint and boost. I pick up terrible aiming habits from games like CoD and BF, so transitioning back to Halo is always a struggle.  If any xbox guys wanna play add me TT Viper TT. 

Battlefront looks awesome, but after laying the beta I'm a little worried the game is going to tank.

I've been following this thread for a long time and is one of the only reasons I joined up... this and the TV / Film threads.

I'm  Hammerheadbravo2

PS4

Loved Destiny but kind of put it down to play Bloodborne and Witcher 3.  Looking forward to BO3, Fallout 4, and Battlefront (played the beta and loved it).  I am a bit of a casual gamer as a teacher and a family I don't have much time like I used to.

My first experience was the Atari 2600 and C64.  I went onto pretty hardcore PC gaming and went to the consoles when PS4 came out.  I'm 43 and a big kid  Cheers!

Really? Through who? Gamestop? BB?

It's not a preorder bonus. They announced at E3 that all Xbox One sales of Fallout4 come With Fallout 3 for backwards compatible use.

I've been following this thread for a long time and is one of the only reasons I joined up... this and the TV / Film threads.

I'm Hammerheadbravo2

PS4

Loved Destiny but kind of put it down to play Bloodborne and Witcher 3. Looking forward to BO3, Fallout 4, and Battlefront (played the beta and loved it). I am a bit of a casual gamer as a teacher and a family I don't have much time like I used to.

My first experience was the Atari 2600 and C64. I went onto pretty hardcore PC gaming and went to the consoles when PS4 came out. I'm 43 and a big kid Cheers!

Welcome buddy! Good to have you on board and looking forward to the movie/game discussions and future play sessions

I'm  Hammerheadbravo2

PS4

Loved Destiny but kind of put it down to play Bloodborne and Witcher 3.  Looking forward to BO3, Fallout 4, and Battlefront (played the beta and loved it).  I am a bit of a casual gamer as a teacher and a family I don't have much time like I used to.

My first experience was the Atari 2600 and C64.  I went onto pretty hardcore PC gaming and went to the consoles when PS4 came out.  I'm 43 and a big kid  Cheers!

Fresh meat!

Archived