Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

So am I the only one not feeling this latest Assassins Creed? Like, at all?

Just feel like they're spinning their wheels on top of further pissing off their fanbase a little more each year (microtransactions last year), rushing out incomplete game after incomplete game.

Unity's storyline is by far the worst ever. Now you're some kind of organized crime boss? Might be time to take a couple years off

I haven't been feeling the AC series for a while now. Feel like they are forcing games out too soon. Really hope ubi doesn't start doing that with the Far Cry series also. I like to enjoy a game and then have to wait to get me hands on another.

Last AC game i was excited for was AC3.

Yep I agree. I have no interest in Syndicate at all.

They need to hold off a few years, reboot the thing back to what it always should have been. I wish they hadnever left the crusades era. That was the pinnacle of it for me. It just fit everything so well.

I was hyped for AC3 and that game sucked, it was a huge letdown.

I picked up 4 only because the PS4 didn't have a ton of launch titles and I enjoyed it as a pirate game, it was excellent, but it just further killed the AC franchise.

Didn't even bother with Unity.

The era is irrelevant. Its the quality of game that is making it less interesting.

Disagree that the era doesn't matter. It just feels more and more off the further into modern times that it gets.

They've had wrist pistols since AC2. They jumped way too far too fast. It doesn't ft the assassins to me.

Of course the quality of the games has also been sucking too.

Disagree that the era doesn't matter. It just feels more and more off the further into modern times that it gets.

They've had wrist pistols since AC2. They jumped way too far too fast. It doesn't ft the assassins to me.

Unless you want to stop at the middle ages (when pistols began to be used iirc)then the pistols aren't really that important. They use weapons to reflect the times (stealth and combat alike). The Assassins predate the Crusades era, and thw Crusades served as a good jumpoff point for the franchise, because thats what the true Knights Templar are known for, not when they go underground. Thats what they want, to weave their own narrative within the realm of history. If that is to be no more, then they should probably scrap the entire thing

I'm not so concerned with the pistols I was just saying they have had that sort of weaponry involved since the 2nd game. The games do a good job of incorporating the weapons of the times into them and using the bayonet rifles in combat was one of the few things I enjoyed about AC3.

But it just doesn't feel at all like the same franchise since it left the crusades era. At this point it's just an open world Hitman game in different eras with heavy hand holding and limited freedom.

Think I might throw it back in to play the Ripley/Nostromo DLC.

Also, it looks like the Witcher 3 DLC dropped as well

Beat Arkham Knight yesterday. Wasnt incredibly blown away overall, but I thought it was solid. They pretty much gave away who the Arkham Knight really was. Liked the ending with Scarecrow/Joker. The stuff with Deathstroke was weak. The Arkham Knights defeat and Scarecrow losing shouldve sent them running. Reminded me a lot of Red Dead Redemption.

Dont like how they hold you hostage to completely 100% the game in order to see the ending. I have no desire to find all those stupid Riddler trophies right now. Maybe ever. Some of the ones from Arkham City REALLY pissed me off

Beat Arkham Knight yesterday.

I loved the way they incorporated Joker into it. His reveal was excellent and his constant popping up while you were going about your business was perfect. I don't think I have ever laughed so much at s video game character as I did during this game. He was hilarious and serving as Batman's broken down psyche and all that mental and emotional baggage was brilliant.

I don't know that all the blood turning into him stuff made any sense but hell its a comic book. It was fun.

Some of the boss fights were disappointing that they were tank battles but i still enjoyed them. Fortunately I beat all of the side missions prior to the finale against Scarecrow so it worked ok.

Arkham Knight being Todd and another telling of Under the Red Hood was pretty obvious early on which kind of cheapened it. It still felt like Batman was really on the ropes the whole time with Scarecrow, Knight, losing Barbara, turning into the Joker and the whole city being hit with toxin. It really felt like it was over for him.

I had to YouTube the final ending for the last scene. It's interesting and open to interpretation.

Been really wanting to play Alien Iso...really hope Steam has a sale in the next week or so.

But im pretty sure its only $20 on console.

I bought it on steam during the summer sale. I've played about 30 minutes so far and the game is friggin intense. The graphics on my PC look incredible but I don't know how it will look on console because I've yet to play it on console. If it's $20 than its well worth it.

With my Guitar Hero bundle pack being delivered today, I moved my Xbox One into the living room.  Cause playing guitar hero through a computer monitor isn't going to cut it.  Anyhow, I just straight hooked it to the TV.

Question, is it even worth hooking up the DVR/satellite through the Xbox?  I know I can plug the DVR into the XB1 via HDMI and it allows me to control everything through the XB1 right?  

But other than being able to use one remote, is it even worth my time?  

So am I the only one not feeling this latest Assassins Creed? Like, at all?

Ubisoft needs to stop coming out with an AC game every year. That franchise needs some fresh ideas, and a real development cycle to deliver a quality game with as few bugs and glitches as possible. The fact they seemed to have made no changes to their approach after the disasterous launch of Unity tells me all I need to know about Ubisoft's goals are: get as much revenue as you can while delivering as little as you can. 

Archived