Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Pretty much... all I see is games with guns in this discussion. Personally I was a gamer, 13/14 around time of Doom and 15/16 with Quake. By 17/18 I was heavy into online shooting games.

At the same time, many sports games also filled my plate, Madden, NBA Live, Hardball 3 (pc).

I am trying to hold my son off FPS until at least 15... 10/11 I played lots of Sierra (King's, Police, Space Quest)... Pete Rose Baseball.

Pretty much... all I see is games with guns in this discussion. Personally I was a gamer, 13/14 around time of Doom and 15/16 with Quake. By 17/18 I was heavy into online shooting games.

At the same time, many sports games also filled my plate, Madden, NBA Live, Hardball 3 (pc).

I am trying to hold my son off FPS until at least 15... 10/11 I played lots of Sierra (King's, Police, Space Quest)... Pete Rose Baseball.

Aside from shooting what other level of violence are you comfortable with for them?

I'd say Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5 but it is getting HAMMERED by critics.

My friends picked it up and said it was awful and one of the most disappointing games they'd ever played

Looks like No Man's Sky is just a timed exclusive. So those with only a Xbox One will eventually get it too. But from what I've seen so far, it has to be the most boring, overhyped game I've ever seen, IMO.

I agree, I really don't understand the point of this game at all.

Looks like No Man's Sky is just a timed exclusive. So those with only a Xbox One will eventually get it too. But from what I've seen so far, it has to be the most boring, overhyped game I've ever seen, IMO.

It's no Star Citizen.

Fergasun, what lead you to choose the Xbone for the kids?

My kids want the XBox1, I didn't choose, in fact I would prefer they get a PS4 -- not sure how much difference it makes, but I remember my wife also interjecting

We already have a plain Wii... I've already put all the LEGO games onto the PC... I guess only the LEGO Movie videogame is not there.

My wife thinks Xbox1 controller is easier for our 7-year old girl to use... and PS4 is going to be dominated by my son... not sure what is true.  I just want to find some other games for my kids besides the obvious Forza/Madden/FIFA/NBA.... (which I will play the heck out of with my son). 

Hey bud!  I would really get the PS4.  Tons of really fun kids games and with PSN you get new games free every month.  Lots of cool fun stuff for kids and the unit is 100% solid.  My kiddos are twin 15 year old girls and an 11 year old young man.  I have both systems in the home.  We use the PS4 everyday.  I cannot remember the last time we even fired the Xbone up.

Edited to mention the free content is with PS Plus.

The Xbox One has been getting free games every month since E3 of last year. About two games every month. I just recently downloaded the first season of The Walking Dead and Tomb Raider a little while ago. 

The good thing about competition is one competitor comes up with a good idea, and the other will copy it so the consumer always wins. 

Halo 5 is pretty damn incredible. The multiplayer is seem less and so well balanced. Finally we have a game with a skill based ranking system, although I still haven't completely figured it out. The range seems a lot bigger than 1-50. I haven't had this much fun in a FPS in a looooong time.

The Assault rifle/pistol start is perfect. The AR is actually a decent gun, but the pistol can be incredible. I say can, because they've toned down the aim assist on this game big time, making everything much more difficult, but so much more rewarding. A PERFECT KILL award is so satisfying.

So is Destiny -- The Taken King.  After playing HALO ad nauseum since the start, I seriously like Destiny a lot better.  Check it out on PS4.

Edit:  I rate fun in blisters.  Im sporting band-aids today.  Mostly left hand thumb and forefinger.  Then you know you have a kick ass game!  :)

Care to give a reason Taylor? I would seriously disagree owning both as well.

To me, the Xbox is much more user friendly. Better interface and much more interactive which would appeal more to younger gamers. And to be honest, my PS4 has collected dust for months. It just seems like a massive waste of money at this point.

Good luck keeping them away from him that long. My mother couldn't keep Doom away from us in the days before the internet made things so accessible.

As for your history of point-and-clicks, have you ever gotten back into them? They've been experiencing a renaissance lately (and apparently never went away in Germany).

Archived