Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Hypothetically if I think my fiance is getting me one of these for xmas ... I have the ps3 ... always been a Sony guy but was always jealous of my Halo-playing friends ... what's the verdict?

Which way should I hint.

At this point you can't lose either way. IMO the best games right now are multiplatform ( ie battlefield 4, AC4). I just went xbox bc I'm already integrated into Xbox live and I feel like titanfall was going to be the killer app of this generation so that's what leaned me to x1 - I feel like ps4 will hold its own as well though.

Bungie's next game (Destiny) is coming out on the PS4.  You're probably thinking of Respawn (Titanfall).  They were working on a PS4 version of the game but M$ sent a Brinks truck to EA to keep the first entry an XBone exclusive.

No, I was thinking of Bungie's Halo series. It never made sense to me to be single platform. They could have doubled or atleast added another 30-40% of sales by producing it for both the PS3 and the 360. 

I suspect there is something key that I'm missing (like the increased costs for making it work on both or that Sony/Microsoft pays a ****load of $'s to be exclusive or something - like you mentioned).

No, I was thinking of Bungie's Halo series. It never made sense to me to be single platform. They could have doubled or atleast added another 30-40% of sales by producing it for both the PS3 and the 360. 

I suspect there is something key that I'm missing (like the increased costs for making it work on both or that Sony/Microsoft pays a ****load of $'s to be exclusive or something - like you mentioned).

Gotcha.  Bungie was acquired by MS back in 2000.  When Bungie became an independent studio in '07, MS retained ownership of the Halo IP.

So what are the next round of games to bring?

On my list:

Thief - Feb 25 A first person view stealth game. It looks like a beautiful and advanced version of Dishonored which was fantastic. I never played the other entries but this could be a good jumping on point. Ps4/x1

Driveclub - March 3 a socially connected racing game. Takes friend building and forming clubs in an online open world full of races. Looks pretty cool. PS4 only

Titan Fall - March 11 This game looks amazing for a fun multiplayer time. A mix of FPS action, parkour and kill streak earned mechs. It could unseat COD. Will definitely make sure I have an X1 for this

Infamous Second Sun: March 21 another in the series, gameplay trailers look ridiculous. Powers are more advanced and fleshed out and the graphics are awesome. Ps4 only, can't wait

Other than that, I have Destiny and Watch Dogs (both are ps4 and x1) in my sights but no release dates announced.

Lol at 2.1 million people buying a console with no good games other than last gen ports to play it on.

2.1 million people enjoy playing games other than FPS, which is what you get with each iteration of the Halo Machine. And nobody in their right mind is buying either console for launch games, which are almost always ****. 

Not trying to say that anyone else's preference in gaming is invalid, but to act like you don't understand why people would buy PS4 is just dumb.

Dude some dude said

Lol at people at people buying a xbox one.

XBOX ONE actually has some solid games at launch, on top of all the multimedia features. With the PS4 the games are lacking other than Ports like AC, COD and BATTLEFIELD all on last gen the same exact game just updated graphics.

Dude some dude said

Lol at people at people buying a xbox one.

XBOX ONE actually has some solid games at launch, on top of all the multimedia features. With the PS4 the games are lacking other than Ports like AC, COD and BATTLEFIELD all on last gen the same exact game just updated graphics.

Yea, the hate is dumb either way -- sorry if it came off as me targeting you. This generation it actually seems like the hate will be even less justifiable as there's more differentiation between the consoles (xbox going more on the multimedia route, etc)

Not sure if anyone is looking for one or if they are hard to find..but Amazon has the XBox One right now in stock.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One/dp/B00CMQTVUA/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1386180844&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+one

That's not good...

I can't wait until The Division comes out man. But they keep pushing it back. I think it won't be out until 2015 now smh...

Not sure if anyone is looking for one or if they are hard to find..but Amazon has the XBox One right now in stock.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One/dp/B00CMQTVUA/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1386180844&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+one

That's not good...

I can't wait until The Division comes out man. But they keep pushing it back. I think it won't be out until 2015 now smh...

lol actually no anger or jealousy at all. I honestly have nothing against Xbox, I just prefer Playstation. My favorite games have always been Playstation only, and I was never really impressed with the Xbox only games. Besides if there is a Microsoft game I like, I can get it for my PC. I was just pointing out that you are the epitome of what you were calling out.

and fyi...I believe voice commands are available for PS4...maybe not to the extent of Xbox...but as I said...from every non-biased article I read, PS4 has the better graphics, is more powerful, and has the higher ceiling...I noticed you didn't address those points ;)

I will.  So the PS4 has better graphics, is more powerful and has a higher ceiling because Sony said so?  Do you seem to remember the PS3's cell processor and how it was 10x faster than 360?  I do, what I remember from having both consoles is COD and Madden were downright laughable playing on a PS3.  360 was noticeably better graphically in just about cross platform game and ran 2x smoother as well.  You may not notice, but if you gamed on a 360 for as long as some gamers do and go over a friends house with a similar TV setup/same game on a PS3, it's noticeably more choppy and ran at lower FPS. These consoles just came out so we will wait and see in about 1 year from now which runs better.  PS4 keeps touting about GDDR5 speeds but completely ignores the XB1 ESRAM which isn't even being utilized yet which has capabilities of DDR running at over 260GB/Sec.  PS4 can have the cake at launch here, but the XB1 is future built.  The infrastructure is 10000x more superior from Microsoft + cloud computing, and Microsoft will get 100% utilization from the hardware, both in which Sony cannot achieve.  I won't crown a king this early in the game, but don't ignore the real statistics of XB1 because you read a Sony fanboy page that someone wrote.  I will wait 2 years to crown a winner, i'm excited to see how the PS4 and Sony will do in the long run.  Competition is the best for this hobby, lets hope it does stay close with no winner and just a preference again.

That's not good...

Why is that not good Microsoft throwing more supply around, they put some on amazon last night and it sold out, then supplied best buy and that sold out, amazon restocked again. That's good more around for everybody that will sell out and I am sure they will restock again.

Sony is loading up as well they threw a little a amazon last night and it sold out.

Archived