Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-face-off

Retail hardware, final code - the complete analysis.

In all, it's our first chance to see Battlefield 4's multiplayer mode in action on Xbox One, and to witness either version of the game running on final retail hardware. On the visual side, HBAO is indeed added to the Xbox One version, as promised by DICE following its omission in the Stockholm build. However, the divide in internal resolution - which remains at 900p on PS4 compared to the straight 720p on Xbox One - is the big sticking point, even with the removal of the Xbox version's sharpening filter which amplified the aliasing. Put simply, the assets and effects are identical for each next-gen platform, but the added pixel definition on PS4 spares it from the distracting edge-crawl on thin objects that proves to be an issue on the Microsoft side.

Elbowing into the tussle is, as always, the PC version with its higher-grade particle and alpha effects, superior object draw distance and more refined shadow detailing at ultra settings. But it must be commended just how much of this maxed-out experience translates to next-gen platforms. The textures on PS4 and Xbox One are equal to the PC's highest, and water shaders carry over as-is, where the current-gen versions really show us the plain, pared-back alternative. It's a very solid effort in this sense, and can only get better as DICE's understanding of the hardware grows.

The PS4's strong performance lead is the real clincher though; a wide 10fps margin flaring up for most of our campaign mode tests. The comedown hits, however, once you realise that neither platform can pull off a straight 60fps during the larger Conquest multiplayer maps, where most of the fun is to be had. Regardless, a clear-as-day recommendation still goes to the PS4 version, and while there are glitches on both consoles that need to be addressed, the embracing of seamless, behind-the-scenes updates should at least ease some of Battlefield 4's growing pains.

Plenty of Xbox One's at almost every Gamestop and Bestbuy I visited today; however, all the PS4s were sold out within 10 minutes according to all the sales rep I spoke with. Sigh.

My brother managed to get a PS4 last night at Gamestop. He waited in line five hours. Told me there weren't many people in line for an Xbox One. 

My brother managed to get a PS4 last night at Gamestop. He waited in line five hours. Told me there weren't many people in line for an Xbox One. 

Yeah, the sales rep told me people waited in line since 8pm (when the mall opened) when the store doesn't even open til midnight to purchase the PS4, first come first serve.

Best buy never got a shipment of the PS4 last night, but no one left the line when they announced that, everyone was there for the xbox.

The Kinnect is pretty neat so far, can't wait to try out the fitness app. Bf4 campaign looks great and has been pretty fun so far.

http://kotaku.com/modder-solders-his-own-xbox-one-headset-adapter-1470785121

Do this if you want to use an old headset with the X1 (adapter comes out next year supposivley). It's easy.

That's so jacked up.  I wonder if ebay would do something about it if somebody actually bought that.

Well, while its an asshole thing to do, he clearly stated he was selling a box, without the PS4 inside it.  Stating the box was only opened to remove his PS4 console.  

Part of me wants to say, if someone is stupid enough to buy it, they deserve to own a $400 cardboard box because its clearly stated what is for sale.  When you are going to make a purchase thats high in price, from a stranger on the internet, you should be extremely cautious.  

Well, while its an asshole thing to do, he clearly stated he was selling a box, without the PS4 inside it.  Stating the box was only opened to remove his PS4 console.  

Part of me wants to say, if someone is stupid enough to buy it, they deserve to own a $400 cardboard box because its clearly stated what is for sale.  When you are going to make a purchase thats high in price, from a stranger on the internet, you should be extremely cautious.

While it does say that in the product description saying that it's a used box, the item name calls it a NEW box (to trick people into thinking it says New In Box). Obviously the box is not new as it has been opened, so it is still false advertisement.

While it does say that in the product description saying that it's a used box, the item name calls it a NEW box (to trick people into thinking it says New In Box). Obviously the box is not new as it has been opened, so it is still false advertisement.

I just saw that, then absolutely Ebay should be able to do something about it.

I love my xbox lol

There's bugs and it's a few things Microsoft need to straighten out like the damn party chat, it's a mess compared to the 360 and a few other things. But damn this thing is cool is hell! I love the snap mode, the tv features and the multimedia things about the system. Kinect is just a beast it hears everything I throw at it with 95% accuracy, that 5% is "Xbox on" sometimes it doesn't here me. Just walking in the room when not signed it it automatically signs you in before you even touch a controller.

Xbox one is revolutionary IMO a great step up it has its flaws but I have no doubt Microsoft will iron those out.

I love my xbox lol

There's bugs and it's a few things Microsoft need to straighten out like the damn party chat, it's a mess compared to the 360 and a few other things. But damn this thing is cool is hell! I love the snap mode, the tv features and the multimedia things about the system. Kinect is just a beast it hears everything I throw at it with 95% accuracy, that 5% is "Xbox on" sometimes it doesn't here me. Just walking in the room when not signed it it automatically signs you in before you even touch a controller.

Xbox one is revolutionary IMO a great step up it has its flaws but I have no doubt Microsoft will iron those out.

I love my xbox lol

Been using skype audio chat instead of the party chat, no issues and crystal clear

About 6 collective crashes tonight in BF4 for the group

Damn bf4, I have never played a such a crappy unstable game. Dice and EA have been pretty crappy ever since 1942 (with game support, releasing unfinished products), but this is an all time low. 4 crashes in the last 15 minutes. Thank god I didn't build a PC for this game, based on those forums it's even worse.

Damn bf4, I have never played a such a crappy unstable game. Dice and EA have been pretty crappy ever since 1942 (with game support, releasing unfinished products), but this is an all time low. 4 crashes in the last 15 minutes. Thank god I didn't build a PC for this game, based on those forums it's even worse.

Are you playing on X1?  Cause I'm playing on PS4 and was playing on PS3 and I don't crash at all (well, just one time).  The only thing I have noticed with the PS4 is sometimes when I get to the server browser after quitting a map, I will select another server, it will start to load up the game/map, then it will stick to a black screen with the little white dashes moving up and down the top right of my screen.  I then have to restart the game to start playing again.

But, I did the digital download version and have to use the BF4 disc from the PS3, not sure if that's causing it.  But when I'm playing a round, Ive only crashed just once since release and that was last night.  I got an error, then it kicked me back to the main menu.

Are you playing on X1? Cause I'm playing on PS4 and was playing on PS3 and I don't crash at all (well, just one time). The only thing I have noticed with the PS4 is sometimes when I get to the server browser after quitting a map, I will select another server, it will start to load up the game/map, then it will stick to a black screen with the little white dashes moving up and down the top right of my screen. I then have to restart the game to start playing again.

But, I did the digital download version and have to use the BF4 disc from the PS3, not sure if that's causing it. But when I'm playing a round, Ive only crashed just once since release and that was last night. I got an error, then it kicked me back to the main menu.

X1, other games run perfectly fine. Based on the community forums it's happening on every system to pretty much everyone. PS3, 360, PC, and ps4 have received the first wave of updates, but many users still complaining about the same crashing. The sad part is it's still happening on PC and the game has been out since October.

@ dont taze me

yup, sony haf a patch a few days ago and ive had ZERO problems on ps4 since.

I love BF4.  Sniping is fun as **** and there is no quick scoping like in CoD.  Plus, I love using the knife.  I want to unlock the machete, but it requires me to do the campaign.  I tried and it just is not fun for me.  Plus, I don't know how many missions into campaign to get to the one I need to unlock **** lol.

TT, yeah it's still pretty bugged but I remember bf3 starting off similar. For the dashboarding issue I've found if you join games from your battle log server browser(from your computer - while your game is on the home screen). You seem to get more stable servers. I had times where I'd get dashboarded after every map. i eventually got on a server fully loaded that was smooth as butter for hours so it must be something server-side, hence if you get a good server then stick with it.

I've been quick scoping a good bit with that starter scout rifle. Where there is auto aim, there will be quick scoping. Obviously it's not as popular in BF, thankfully. Sniping in battlefield hasn't been this fun since BF2, and I've only used the one rifle. It's really deadly short-medium. I can't imagine how deadly the higher powered rifles will be.

The 6-8 shots (that's what it feels like) it takes to put people down with the assault rifles at long distance is pretty disappointing. Bf3 seemed to take a lot less at any distance.

Archived