Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

what game type you playing? im still waiting on my xbox, should be here by black friday. wish amazon would have just let me ship it to korea :( the BX had BF4, CoD, AC4 for sale. They only had 24 Xbox and 24 PS4s and they did a drawing to see who got to buy them. So dumb.

I'm a conquest guy so I've been playing that although I did jump into a friend of mine's game and it was very similar to search and destroy. The game is quite fun but I've been kicked from about 75% of the games I've joined.

Forza > Ryse in terms of graphics.

Although, I bet Forza is less stressful on the hardware.

i haven't gotten my one yet. i've got ryse, dr3, bf4 coming as well as forza with the xbox i won for my wife off every2minutes.com, so i don't really know. it wouldn't surprise me tho since forza is 1080p at 60fps and racing games have looked nearly photo realistic since gt3 on ps2.

seeing all these guys post their game dvr clips of bf4 while im sitting here preparing for my one (hopefully here this week) by playing the first dead rising is depressing :(

Guys,

I still have an xbox one day one edition, that I would be willing to sell to an extremeskin for what I paid for it $530 (VA Tax).  So PM me if you want it.  I have it on craiglsit as well, so I will let you all know if I sell it.

PS I am in Herndon.

Guys,

I still have an xbox one day one edition, that I would be willing to sell to an extremeskin for what I paid for it $530 (VA Tax).  So PM me if you want it.  I have it on craiglsit as well, so I will let you all know if I sell it.

PS I am in Herndon.

Dude I have been trying to buy it the whole weekend, sent you a PM, managed to get one off target though.

Man, all of this hype has got me thinking about getting back into console gaming.  For years, since I was a kid, I always got the latest console, from Atari 2600-PS2.  After PS2, I got more into PC gaming and never got the PS3 or Xbox 360.  I'm not a heavy PC gaming tech snob.  I just play some WoW, Diablo, Skyrim, Path of Exile, etc.  I was on the verge up upgrading my PC, but now I'm thinking about putting the PC upgrade on the back burner and getting a PS4 instead. I just want to wait it out a little longer to make sure there's no BSOD failures.  I also want to see more titles released. I'm not really into 1st person shooters.  I'm more into action/adventure games.

I hate having to replace my graphics card and adding RAM every year to my console.

edit..does that still apply? It's been years since I played a game on a PC. Wait..what's a PC again?

;)

Yes and no, depending how much money you want to devote to the PC.  If one can afford it, the key is to purchase a PC that can be upgraded but has enough power to last you 3-4 years.  You can get a gaming rig for under $2000 that will play everything out there.  In the past 3 years, the only thing I have upgraded was the video card, which only cost me $180, but I sold my old one to a friend of mine for $80, so $100 bucks and it can run every game out there on ultra settings while maintaining a fairly high FPS rate.  If I play on high or medium settings, my FPS rate approaches 80-100 depending what game Im playing online.

And while there are newer vid cards out there that now blow mine away, mine still runs like a champ, zero problems and can run every game out there.  Sure it would be an advantage to drop $400 on the best vid card, probably would make things a little better.  But I'm not that picky.

But I play both PC and console games.  I tend to blow off my mmorpgs on the PC from August (when Madden comes out) through January/Feb.  (usually CoD and BF come out in Nov.), playing sparingly, unless a kick ass PvP mmorpg is released with open world PvP.  

With that said, the PS4 is a beast, highly recommend it!

Guys,

PS I am in Herndon.

This is gone. 

Traded up my BF and COD for the Xbone versions for $15..not bad gamestop not bad at all. 

Yep, a lot of good deals going on.  I bought both for PS3 and each came with a code for PS4 to purchase the digital download version for PS4 for $10.  And the stats/progress carries over to the new system.  

Life is good :D

Yes and no, depending how much money you want to devote to the PC.  If one can afford it, the key is to purchase a PC that can be upgraded but has enough power to last you 3-4 years.  You can get a gaming rig for under $2000 that will play everything out there.  In the past 3 years, the only thing I have upgraded was the video card, which only cost me $180, but I sold my old one to a friend of mine for $80, so $100 bucks and it can run every game out there on ultra settings while maintaining a fairly high FPS rate.  If I play on high or medium settings, my FPS rate approaches 80-100 depending what game Im playing online.

And while there are newer vid cards out there that now blow mine away, mine still runs like a champ, zero problems and can run every game out there.  Sure it would be an advantage to drop $400 on the best vid card, probably would make things a little better.  But I'm not that picky.

But I play both PC and console games.  I tend to blow off my mmorpgs on the PC from August (when Madden comes out) through January/Feb.  (usually CoD and BF come out in Nov.), playing sparingly, unless a kick ass PvP mmorpg is released with open world PvP.  

With that said, the PS4 is a beast, highly recommend it!

I am a lifelong PC gamer. Consoles just don't hold my attention to long. I have a PS3 an Xbox 360 and a Wii. My Wii is worthless, my 360 gets the most play time out of all of them, but only for things like GTAV, Halo, and Gears of War. I tried to get into my PS4 but I haven't' played a game since GoW3 came out and I didn't get very far in it. I use it for my blueray player and that is all.

PC games are much more indepth and have far more controls than a console, plus the graphics are unparallelled. If your monitor can handle it you can play games far about 1080p. As an example you can run games at resolutions above 1080, but on xbox one CoD is 720P and PS4 is barely 1080p. Consoles are good for a gamer with limited money or tech knowledge who just wants to plug and play.

PC gamers typically invest a lot of money into their Rig (I just recently got a $400 770 GTX card), you can invest $1000 for a Titan GFX card. a good CPU is going to run you 400+ everything else is relatively cheap.

Besides the price the biggest drawback with PC games is sometimes you have to tinker with things to get them to work right. This is due to the millions of different configurations that PC's have vs one configuration for consoles.

the biggest advantage of PC gaming is the adaptability. I can add anything at anytime. I am thinking about the Oculus Rift (http://www.oculusvr.com/), if you are into flight sims you can get dull flight controls with a IR Head tracker,  you can ad multiple monitors to increase your field of view. You can add different controls. If things get slow I can add a new GFX card or CPU or add memory. Plus I can get 4k graphics if I have the cash.  I like having my options

geez louise.  its so obvious now.  not in ALL cases (not everybody, so relax),

but for the most part, it takes A LOT more skill to succeed in Battlefield.  Cod: Ghosts is more about connection, reaction time, and corner turning luck.

Battlefield is where the big boys play.  :)

I am a lifelong PC gamer. Consoles just don't hold my attention to long. I have a PS3 an Xbox 360 and a Wii. My Wii is worthless, my 360 gets the most play time out of all of them, but only for things like GTAV, Halo, and Gears of War. I tried to get into my PS4 but I haven't' played a game since GoW3 came out and I didn't get very far in it. I use it for my blueray player and that is all.

PC games are much more indepth and have far more controls than a console, plus the graphics are unparallelled. If your monitor can handle it you can play games far about 1080p. As an example you can run games at resolutions above 1080, but on xbox one CoD is 720P and PS4 is barely 1080p. Consoles are good for a gamer with limited money or tech knowledge who just wants to plug and play.

PC gamers typically invest a lot of money into their Rig (I just recently got a $400 770 GTX card), you can invest $1000 for a Titan GFX card. a good CPU is going to run you 400+ everything else is relatively cheap.

Besides the price the biggest drawback with PC games is sometimes you have to tinker with things to get them to work right. This is due to the millions of different configurations that PC's have vs one configuration for consoles.

the biggest advantage of PC gaming is the adaptability. I can add anything at anytime. I am thinking about the Oculus Rift (http://www.oculusvr.com/), if you are into flight sims you can get dull flight controls with a IR Head tracker,  you can ad multiple monitors to increase your field of view. You can add different controls. If things get slow I can add a new GFX card or CPU or add memory. Plus I can get 4k graphics if I have the cash.  I like having my options

I've played games mostly on my PC for the last 5 years.  I just don't understand why a lot of PC gamers feel you need to invest $1000+ dollars to play games.  They feel anything less than Ultra on every setting is crap.  It's like some PC gamers are driven crazy if they have to turn one setting down.  If a new game comes out which requires them to turn a couple of settings down, they'll go out and drop another $500 bucks just to turn up a couple of graphic settings.  I saw a poll from Steam that suggested the PS4 is better than the PCs that most their customers use.  I know steam is creating a console to bring PC gaming to the living room.  It's going to be expensive though.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2427564,00.asp

Microsoft Acknowledges Xbox One Disc Drive Issue

November 25, 2013 10:28am EST

After months of waiting, gamers on Friday finally got their hands on Microsoft's Xbox One, but not everyone was happy with their new console.

Since the next-generation system went on sale this past Friday, a number of early adopters have reported problems with the disc drive. Some say the drive is making loud noises when they insert a disc, while others say the console isn't reading their discs at all.

Many users have taken to YouTube to document the problem (below). After inserting a disc, you can hear loud, unpleasant grinding and clicking noises, and in one case it appeared the disc wouldn't even go into the system at all.

More after link

Archived