Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Lots of negative reviews regarding defective PS4 units on Amazon. The majority of these are coming from verified buyers.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Now I am getting nervous, I have a Day One XBox One preordered through amazon. If I cancel do you guys think I can just walk in the store and buy one on Friday? at least if your console is faulty you can just take it back to the store and replace it.

Lots of negative reviews regarding defective PS4 units on Amazon. The majority of these are coming from verified buyers.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Lots of repeated reviews, lots of reviews that have obviously been copied/pasted. Verified or not something seems a bit fishy.

Reading one does make me doubt the blu-ray capability of the ps4, saying that there is a huge download to even play blu-rays. Is this true or just more misinformation being posted on Amazon by a "verified purchaser" in an attempt to make the PS4 look poor.

Now I am getting nervous, I have a Day One XBox One preordered through amazon. If I cancel do you guys think I can just walk in the store and buy one on Friday? at least if your console is faulty you can just take it back to the store and replace it.

Probably. Who knows. Massive XBox shortages will only help PS4 if their systems are in stock.

My problem with the PS4 is why does the damn thing wobble? I went to KOTATU and the guy said the PS4 doesn't have a wobbling problem he put a little stack of post it pads notes under it to keep it from wobbling when pressed. Now if this was the XBOX ONE they would have **** themselves and won't just be passed by just placing the post it pads under it.

My problem with the PS4 is why does the damn thing wobble? I went to KOTATU and the guy said the PS4 doesn't have a wobbling problem he put a little stack of post it pads notes under it to keep it from wobbling when pressed. Now if this was the XBOX ONE they would have **** themselves and won't just be passed by just placing the post it pads under it.

Do the post it notes come with the PS4 or is that a separate purchase?

I'll be getting both systems, just in 2014. I'm enjoying so many games on my 360 and PS3 right now, and with nether system being backwards compatible, I see no reason to cut short my enjoyment with the current gen when the next gen games I really want aren't even out yet.

None of the launch games for either system seem impressive so far. I want Watchdogs, Destiny, that Ubisoft squad based game, Dragon Age: Inquisition....I can wait.

same here. works fine.

Me too. I got mine from Amazon and it's great. Also amazon has AWESOME customer service so if you get stuck with a bad system it shouldn't be too much of a hassle getting a new one.

The ps4 should only wobble if you push down on the corners. Why would you do this?

Me too. I got mine from Amazon and it's great. Also amazon has AWESOME customer service so if you get stuck with a bad system it shouldn't be too much of a hassle getting a new one.

The ps4 should only wobble if you push down on the corners. Why would you do this?

There are quite a few PS4 owners in this thread link that got their faulty systems from amazon. Returns aren't going very well for them considering the lack of units they can replace the bad ones with. Even if they did have enough, they may have the same issues until Sony addresses the problems.

TTViper, you should just leave a link to that.

One of the people used profanity in the text.

Simple edit and you will be fine.

Thanks for the heads up.

Killzone has always been known for good graphics, and crappy gameplay. BF and CoD can't compete due to how demanding the multiplayer is on the hardware. (On the consoles)

PC is a different story. CoD 4 looked better on my PC maxed out than ghosts does on console.

geez louise, the graphics on killzone are better than ghosts and battlefield.

That's to be expected. Dice is porting to several platforms while Guerrilla is a first party developer for Sony that is known for their visuals. Ghosts just flat out looks bad. IW is porting to several platforms also and their engine is old and outdated.

That's to be expected. Dice is porting to several platforms while Guerrilla is a first party developer for Sony that is known for their visuals. Ghosts just flat out looks bad. IW is porting to several platforms also and their engine is old and outdated.

I laughed when they limited the game to 6v6 in ghosts. The graphics are nothing special, that's for sure. I guess it's better than making us play a crappy 9v9 ground war though. I've always thought 9v9 was too much for cod's crappy PvP hosting anyways.

I'm reading that I can connect an Xbox One to my Verizon Fios box. If I do that, would I get 1080 HD when playing games? I ask because I'm planning on connecting a console to a projector TV, but as it stands I can't really hook it up directly as the projector is on the ceiling(would have to call some IT/home theater people to set it up most likely). However, if I could connect it directly to my Fios box(which is obviously already hooked up to the projector)and still be able to game in the highest quality that'd be great and a huge selling point for me.

I'm reading that I can connect an Xbox One to my Verizon Fios box. If I do that, would I get 1080 HD when playing games? I ask because I'm planning on connecting a console to a projector TV, but as it stands I can't really hook it up directly as the projector is on the ceiling(would have to call some IT/home theater people to set it up most likely). However, if I could connect it directly to my Fios box(which is obviously already hooked up to the projector)and still be able to game in the highest quality that'd be great and a huge selling point for me.

Your FIOS set top box plugs into the Xbox, and then the Xbox to the TV or projector.

Your current setup shouldn't need to changed much at all.

FIOS(out)      --HDMI-->    (in)XBONE(out)    --HDMI-->    Projector

It will be the same video quality as before.

Archived