Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I've never understood why people feel the need to pick sides and can't just agree that both are awesome gaming machines.  Because they are.  And most of this **** being compared is not going to really matter at the end of the day.  I have owned every video game system since the NES excluding Sega.  

Not because Sega was bad, I just was a kid and got what was bought for me.  Then in college, my best friend had a Genesis and loving Nintendo, I bought a SNES with our other roommate.  So we had both and played both.  Later on I bought the PS1 and N64 in college.  Eventually, a PS2 and Xbox.  Then a PS3 and Xbox 360.  Dreamcast was a bust, so I never got one of those.  All the time I have had a PC gaming rig and played PC games too.

All of them have advantages and disadvantages.  But all were fun as hell to play.  This line of consoles though (PS4 and Xbox1) are both fantastic gaming machines, both have exceptional graphics/gameplay.  Buy what suits you most.  I went with the PS4.  Why?  A few reasons.  

1.  I usually only play cross platform games - Madden, BF, CoD, etc.  

2.  The majority of my friends and family love playstation and confirmed they would be upgrading to a PS4 - with that said, I usually play online with said friends/family, so I needed the same platform obviously.

3. Price.  I do not like the fact that MS forces one to pay $100 more for a ****ing new Kinect and did not offer to sell the consoles separately (like Sony did).  I owned the first kinect on my 360, it got played/used literally 3-4 times and has collected dust for going on a year now.  I do not need the new Kinect, no matter how awesome it is, it will sit on the shelf beside its older brother.

4.  I buy the system to play games, I don't buy it to anything else, so all the bells/whistles as far as media goes on the Xbox One doesn't really interest me, its cool, but its not a selling point for me.

The Xbox One is a hell of a system, its fancy, its cool.  But as far as gaming goes, the PS4 is also a beast and all the other **** doesn't really matter to me and I want to play with my friends/family.  This is the first time I won't own both systems.  At least I don't plan to anytime soon.  Maybe if they sold a version that didn't force you to buy something you didn't want (Kinect) and some exclusive games come out that I just feel like I have to play, I'll consider buying both, but probably not.  

I've been out of console gaming for the last 6 years.  I've been playing games on the PC during that time.  I'm about to jump back into console gaming.  From my research, and I have no dog in the fight because I don't care about brand loyalty anymore, the PS4 is the better system for gaming because it is a more powerful system for graphics. The coding for the PS4 should be much easier than it was on the PS3, so game designers should be able to maximize the PS4 fullest potential. The Xbox One has more bells and whistles for multimedia.  For me personally, I only care about gaming.  I don't care about talking to my TV, skyping, using a TV guide in my console interface, etc...That is why I will go with a PS4 whenever I decide to get a new generation console.

Bingo I said this pages ago and of course was argued with. PS4 is an upgrade of the PS3 and is made to primarily play games, Xbox One was made for all around entertainment. Developers have said it, people that play games for a living have said it, hardcore gamers have said it, casuals have said it. I also read an article the other day that worldwide PS4 has sold almost 1 million more consoles that x box one so far. All those features on Xbox one my PC does and has been doing for years. With steam, big picture and HDMIing into my tv, my pc can pretty much be a console as well. I want a console for gaming and gaming only and that's what the PS4 is. Pretty simple. Whatever floats your boat though if you don't use a PC that much X box one is a cool console.

And since we are naming why we got the systems we got, I suppose I'll pile on.

I got a PS4 because I previously owned a PS3. That's the main reason. I have dozens of friends that own a PS3 that I can only presume will also buy a PS4 at some point. I have a handful of friends that own a 360. It's kinda like why I don't switch from iPhone. I'm entrenched.

I don't need a multimedia system to be quite frank. I plug the PS4 into a 2ms refresh rate PC monitor and sit down no more than 1 foot away from it. I don't need to feed my cable box through it. I don't need voice controls. I don't need motion tracking. All I need is a controller and a headset.

All the features that the XBox offer are kinda nice but I won't ever use them. Maybe one day I'll get an XBox to hook up to my 50" plasma Panny but I just don't need it now. Not to play the games I want to with the people that I know.

And since we are naming why we got the systems we got, I suppose I'll pile on.

I got a PS4 because I previously owned a PS3. That's the main reason. I have dozens of friends that own a PS3 that I can only presume will also buy a PS4 at some point. I have a handful of friends that own a 360. It's kinda like why I don't switch from iPhone. I'm entrenched.

I don't need a multimedia system to be quite frank. I plug the PS4 into a 2ms refresh rate PC monitor and sit down no more than 1 foot away from it. I don't need to feed my cable box through it. I don't need voice controls. I don't need motion tracking. All I need is a controller and a headset.

All the features that the XBox offer are kinda nice but I won't ever use them. Maybe one day I'll get an XBox to hook up to my 50" plasma Panny but I just don't need it now. Not to play the games I want to with the people that I know.

Exactly, pretty much the same reasons I posted above why I went PS4.  It's not that the Xbox One is ****, it just doesn't fit what I want to do.  I didn't even think to list one of my reasons as playing on a PC monitor.  I do that too, so it's not like Im gonna watch TV on that......I have a ****ing TV to watch TV lol.

Bingo I said this pages ago and of course was argued with. PS4 is an upgrade of the PS3 and is made to primarily play games, Xbox One was made for all around entertainment. Developers have said it, people that play games for a living have said it, hardcore gamers have said it, casuals have said it. I also read an article the other day that worldwide PS4 has sold almost 1 million more consoles that x box one so far. All those features on Xbox one my PC does and has been doing for years. With steam, big picture and HDMIing into my tv, my pc can pretty much be a console as well. I want a console for gaming and gaming only and that's what the PS4 is. Pretty simple. Whatever floats your boat though if you don't use a PC that much X box one is a cool console.

It is pretty simple, isn't it?  :)

As far as I can tell, my bud Zazzaro might be one of the most techy smart folks on ES.  If he says the PS4 is an absolute BEAST for gaming, who am I to argue with him?  ;)

If you want to do cool stuff like watch tv, skype, or other nifty features using your xbox, then its the console for you.  But we've got smart phones, ipads and droid tablets, kindle Fire HDs, 3 laptops, a PC dedicated to the 70" television, and multiple wireless routers.  Don't need my gaming console do to anything other than....gaming.

As Peyton and Eli Manning said, "look at this guy using his phone as a phone."  Well, I use my gaming console as a gaming console.  I use my TV to....well.....watch TV. 

Game, set, match...PS4.    :)

38305265.jpg

Hoping to get my One tomorrow. Was over at my bros and we went and got BF4. Ho-ly-****. I've seen a lot of people talking about getting kicked out of games constantly, I didn't have any problems.

I've been playing strictly Squad Death Match the past few days and have only experienced 2 crashes. One was from the menus (lol)

At least half of the maps are pretty bad for squad DM. Definite lack of creativity on DICE's part. The one map, it's a village on the side of a mountain. Most of the buildings are identical, but the map is brilliant. I could play it all day. Can't think of the name...

I am going to chime in for a second as to why I decided to keep the PS4 over my Xbox One.  Keep in mind, I will buy an xbox one down the road.

My biggest reason for buying the PS4 is the remote play with PS Vita...it is truly amazing.  I am able to sit in the same room watch a movie with my wife or have the game on and be able to be on my system as well.  Of the games I have played the remote play has been flawless. 

Another reason I enjoy the PS4, is the in game streaming channels, I find them pretty damn entertaining.  The way people have setup daily shows using the PS Eye and Playroom application is truly amazing and changing the way people game.  It's nice to be ablle to quickly watch a person's playstyle for a game you are playing real time.  IE, I am playing Call of Duty ghosts for the first time and I want to get some knowledge on the useful tactics people are currently using...just quickly switch over to the live streaming application and BOOM it's there.  And you don't have to quit out of your game anymore (I know Xbox one can do this too).

Lastly, I think the social aspect to the PS4 is really lacking currently, but just by the first few weeks, I can tell they have already started improving this capability.  I am a trohpy junkie and enjoy going after trophy achievements in games, so I think it's pretty neat to go over to my wall and see what my friends have been doing the past few days.  It's really a unique way for expanding social media in to our consoles and I think there is a lot of room to grow.

These are just some of the features I enjoy about the PS4.  Oh and for all those that did buy a next gen console and still have their last gen consoles.  Go back and play the PS3/xbox 360...I was truly amazed of how much the graphics have improved and I really didn't fully comprehend that until I went back last night to play my PS3...

I have some issues with Microsoft but why buy a ps4, outside of friends that play on it.. Its basically the same system as a ps3. Sony should have waited a year and come out with something interesting.

How do you figure the PS4 is the same as the PS3?  The PS4 is a much more powerful system than the PS3.  The PS4 is designed to be a lot more friendly to game designers than the PS3 was too.

I've always thought that all the cable channels and movies should be integrated in a system like Xbox or PS4. It would be so much easier to get Comcast that way. Why is that silly? That's convenient. All this **** will just be built into tvs one day I'm sure.

Oculus Rift here we come baby

If you want to do cool stuff like watch tv, skype, or other nifty features using your xbox, then its the console for you.  But we've got smart phones, ipads and droid tablets, kindle Fire HDs, 3 laptops, a PC dedicated to the 70" television, and multiple wireless routers.  Don't need my gaming console do to anything other than....gaming.

[/size].    :)

This is so funny. Last gen it was ms guys saying the same thing you are saying and ps3 guys flaunting how much the ps3 was a total entertainment device. Wes gots da blue rays!

This is so funny. Last gen it was ms guys saying the same thing you are saying and ps3 guys flaunting how much the ps3 was a total entertainment device. Wes gots da blue rays!

I was literally just thinking that. Funny how the tables turn. Love watching these nerds argue over who's got the fastest processor. Could you imagine getting high then coming into this conversation? I'd have a bad acid flashback.

Archived