Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

So i was bored and just bought madden for the first time in many, many years.

And i immediately regret that decision. This game is like a compilation of everything i hate. The freaking home screen has not one, but atleast 3 different ads for a mode that i have to pay an extra $10 for ( on a $60 game). Not only that, but they are larger than the actual modes that are available to choose. The presentation feels like i am watching the NFL Network. It feels dumbed down and worse than the last madden i bought ( madden 2005 or 06). That was like 10 years ago! What the hell. I'd rather eat the costs and trade this hot garbage in for a preorder of destiny, or just wait for nba2k.

Should have read my review lol

I usually get my fooball fix by playing NCAA....but thanks to Ed O'Bannon and the $5000 he's seeing from this lawsuit, I bought Madden for the first time since Vince Young was on the cover.  Yea, it's been a while for me.  I have to say, that this is an AMAZING game so far.  I love it.  Trying to get my muscle memory back on the sticks, but playing the tutorials is an absolute must.  I'm going to start my CC once the rosters are updated to reflect the final 53.

*What I love most about the game so far is that you can't just go out there and play...you actually have to pay attention to defensive formations to get the most out of your offensive playcalling.  There is actual strategy involved.  9/10, so far. 

IMO, Ed O'Bannon is a douche (and everyone else that killed the NCAA Football game).

Not because I loved the game and miss it (which is true), but because they ruined it for all the other guys that dreamed of being in a video game and now that is squashed.

One of my baseball players from last year is playing for a D1 school and he's pissed that there is no game.  He was so looking forward to it.  Last year, one of the lifeguards at the pool I was a member of was the kicker for ODU's football team. He was so hyped up that he was in the game.  

Posted this in the RTT, but got no feedback, so I'll try here

Been having this crazy ass issue with my PS3's connectivity and I'm trying to solve it. We recently got a new router and I've been trying to connect wirelessly to the internet, but it's been no dice.

It's the whole WPA/PSK thing that has been completely befuddling. Back in the day like last ****ig week) I was able to just copy the info off the router and connect, but now, it doesn't matter what I enter, **** doesn't work.

I'm so blown too because I was going to dl Hitman:Absolution, along with the DLC, but I can't, because its all jacked up. Any suggestions?

Posted this in the RTT, but got no feedback, so I'll try here

You say this has been happening ever since you bought a new router? Have you never been able to connect to it wirelessly, or is this a new issue?

EDIT: If this isn't a router issued to you through your ISP, I assume the router you bought isn't the type that has a modem included. Did you happen to get a modem from your ISP? 

Has it been saying connected but no internet? 

Or it wont even connect?

Nah it'll just say "Connecting..." and will stay like that. Won't do anything else.

damn Sin, that's a blower.  is hardline not an option??

i know nothing about that router ****, so i won't even try to suggest anything LOL

You mean like an ethernet cable? Yeah, nah. The router is on floor level and I typically keep my PS3 upstairs in my room

It could be that PSN is down again after all their hacking troubles last week.

Hmmm. I've just never seen that WPA/PSK designation before, and I see nothing on my router that could help me with that. There's only the S/N, MAC, Wireless Network and Wireless Password, along with some other stuff that seems to have no significance in terms of getting a connection

You say this has been happening ever since you bought a new router? Have you never been able to connect to it wirelessly, or is this a new issue?

EDIT: If this isn't a router issued to you through your ISP, I assume the router you bought isn't the type that has a modem included. Did you happen to get a modem from your ISP? 

Yep

The new wireless router was from Comcast (our ISP), but the old one that was working, was a Linksys. I ended up switching backto the Linksys but it's still the same issue. Dunno about the modem

Nah it'll just say "Connecting..." and will stay like that. Won't do anything else.

Hmmm. I've just never seen that WPA/PSK designation before, and I see nothing on my router that could help me with that. There's only the S/N, MAC, Wireless Network and Wireless Password, along with some other stuff that seems to have no significance in terms of getting a connection

Have you gone into the router settings through the ip address (http://192.168.0.1)?  I'm not sure about Comcast, but there may be options to change the wireless password manually (with one you want) or generate a new key.  

There should be some settings in there where you can make sure the security pack is the correct one that matches up with the PS3.  For example, mine is set to WPA2-PSK.  Also, while you probably already know this, but with it being a new modem/router, make sure that WPS is enabled along with "enable wireless".  Sometimes they may not have everything pre-set for you.

If there is a power level for wireless, make sure its set to high, so your signal boost is the strongest.  

Then, I would go into the PS3 network settings and start a new connection and it should detect everything automatically.  That's all I can think of right now.  If I can remember any other stuff I'll post.

Microsoft offering a great deal next week. Free game of your choice with any console purchase. This means you could get something like the Xbone Madden Bundle + Destiny for $399.

Great deal for those considering a purchase of a new console...

If you haven’t yet made the jump to the new generation of gaming, then head to your favorite retailer next week and pick up an Xbox One. For one week only – from September 7 through September 13 – when you buy an Xbox One from participating retailers in the U.S., you’ll get a free Xbox One game of your choice.

And the sky’s the limit: Whether you want to lock-and-load with your friends in Destiny or Titanfall, face the legions of hell in Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition, hack the planet in Watch Dogs, or hit the sports arena of your choice in Madden NFL 15 or NHL 15, the choice is yours. The offer is valid for any retail Xbox One game, and the offer is good for our Xbox One system bundles, too – so if you want to pick up the Xbox One Madden NFL 15 Bundle or Forza Motorsport 5 Bundle, you’re getting another free game of your choice priced at $59.99 or lower on top of it!

http://news.xbox.com/2014/09/xbox-september-promotion?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

anyone know any good sliders for madden?

Don't know how well they apply for XbOne as opposed to 360 but I've been using the sliders I found on the Operation Sports board. I think the guy who made them is somthing like Charter04. They're to be used on all Madden, and I'd say they're definitely more enjoyable then destroying the CPU on all-pro, and getting pissed off beyong belief on regular all madden.

Don't know how well they apply for XbOne as opposed to 360 but I've been using the sliders I found on the Operation Sports board. I think the guy who made them is somthing like Charter04. They're to be used on all Madden, and I'd say they're definitely more enjoyable then destroying the CPU on all-pro, and getting pissed off beyong belief on regular all madden.

one more question. how do you upload custom rosters into connected offline franchise so i can get the latest rosters/my sliders?

Archived