Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Has anybody been following the Oculus Rift device? Looks incredibly fun. Seems like something that could genuinely take gaming to another level, not just a new system with updated graphics. Cool stuff IMO.

Yes. Seems legit. It's drawn a lot of praise at conventions, etc. And from what they're saying it's going to be relatively affordable(about the cost of a console). Sony is apparently developing a similar device for the Playstation, called "Morpheus".

This is why FIFA 15 is the best game ever. 

1-1 tie against BvB as City, BvB score in the 86th. 2-1. 

"All out Attack" :

City tie it up, Dzeko, equalizes

Next try, Toure PK, wins it! The game goes right to a shot of the crowd celebrating the big goal, the fans jumping up and down in the seats...amazing

Best game ever

picked up destiny and played it for a couple hours yesterday. it's weird to me.

the multiplayer was fun but i have a lot to learn. i don't really know how the radar works yet and am unaware of the powerups/guns.  

i have figured out that my supercharged hand cannon and throwing knife kill with one shot. the nova bomb kills me often. the semi automatic rifle is lame because its firing is not as fast as you can pull the trigger.  

the turrets are awesome because no one knows where they are right now.

overall, this game reminds me of a mix between unreal and halo, which is a good thing in this instance. i think this game will be more playable than titanfall.

picked up destiny and played it for a couple hours yesterday. it's weird to me.

the multiplayer was fun but i have a lot to learn. i don't really know how the radar works yet and am unaware of the powerups/guns.  

i have figured out that my supercharged hand cannon and throwing knife kill with one shot. the nova bomb kills me often. the semi automatic rifle is lame because its firing is not as fast as you can pull the trigger.  

the turrets are awesome because no one knows where they are right now.

overall, this game reminds me of a mix between unreal and halo, which is a good thing in this instance. i think this game will be more playable than titanfall.

You unlock weapons, so if you don't have a heavy gun (machine gun, rocket launcher) you will soon.  You have to hold down triangle (on PS4) to switch to it.  As far as the radar, its pretty simple, it will show your team as blue blips (circles) and as you run around the maps, it will highlight a a wide section like half a quarter section in red when the enemies are in that direction, so you can run to them or away lol.

Semi auto riffles are pretty beast in single player/story mode.  Harder to use at lower levels in PvP, I've found out its easier to run and gun at low rank and hope you get some kills.  

Haven't found any turrents in PvP yet.

I'm really loving Destiny now. They keep adding stuff. Now there's a way to link up with 2 other people to form a strike team without having to go around asking at the tower. Just played a level 18 mission. Wow. It was intense.

I like that this game has a lot of different things you can do.

Just did Devil's Lair, the first group dungeon of Destiny.

First group, a guy went AFK during the 3 waves in the refinery part, which is probably the hardest part of the dungeon, and I left after wiping on wave 3 a couple of times. Too hard to 2 man.

Second group we eventually finished, but the big tank(Devil Walker I think his name is?)took FOREVER. I think our group DPS was bad, I know I was mostly using my Auto Rifle which is just a standard white weapon(I'm Titan and my other weapon is shotgun and going up close and personal vs bosses = death).

The last boss wasn't too bad, we wiped once but the second time I manned the upper parts while my teammates stayed down below and I mainly focused the boss, only going down when adds spawned to use my super which just does massive AOE damage while lobbing a grenade.

It was a pretty fun experience. Challenging too. It says it's a level 8 dungeon and we had a 7 and two 8s(I actually hit 9 midway through). I ended up with the most kills, which was nice, considering I was mostly attacking from range which is not my class's strongsuit. I got a really awesome Sniper Rifle as a reward so I think I'm just gonna snipe away until I get a better alternative.

So I reached the level cap in Destiny last night. The cap is level 20. But they've created a unique way to allow you to progress further. Attaining Vanguard gear and weapons allows you to rank up even higher. Regardless, you can continue to add skills to your sub-class even without the vanguard gear.

My concern with Destiny is what do you do after you hit the level cap and competed the (from what has been reported) relatively short story portion?

Are there only 4 planets and the moon?

I don't want to be 'that guy' but it seems like it would get boring after awhile. That's why I decided not to buy after playing the beta.

Endless looting doesn't interest me if I can't apply it toward story progression and character development

Man their is a co-op mission believe it's on the moon. You have to fight this monster dude at the end. He starts chained down and breaks loose and is impossible to kill. Have tried this mission at least 30 times and can't beat the Damn thing. Can't even get the boss down to 50% health. Lol

Yeah I tried that earlier today, couldn't get past it either. Got him down to about a quarter than got ambushed by a whole bunch of different hive. Than ran out of ammo, and had to quit.

I love this game, completely leveled up from 9-14 (about to ding 15) only doing crucible.  Just fill up your bounty board missions with crucible ones, easy peasy y'all.  I have determined that I need a fully automatic primary weapon in PvP, I'm much more effective.  I ****ed up and dismantled my only one cause it was 31 damage and just finally got another right now at level 14.

One thing I hate, all weapons are not available when you want to purchase them or can purchase them.  And the fact that you can't store/keep heavy ammo.  Even after you get it in the match and die.  So.......mother...........****ing............stupid.

Other than that, I'm having a blast on my Warlock.  With that said, what is the best PvP class and set-up, in y'alls opinion?  I keep getting pwn'd from time to time by lower level peeps and I'm sure they are not Warlocks lol.

My concern with Destiny is what do you do after you hit the level cap and competed the (from what has been reported) relatively short story portion?

I don't want to be 'that guy' but it seems like it would get boring after awhile. That's why I decided not to buy after playing the beta.

Endless looting doesn't interest me if I can't apply it toward story progression and character development

This is where I'm at right now, and they have addressed this and are continuing to address it with added content. Currently right now I can continue to do the crucible and skirmish modes to level up higher. You need to begin acquiring Vanguard gear with "Light" attributes. The more of these you acquire the higher the level you can go. I'm presently at level 21.

So you can do special strike missions with the reward of Vanguard or Legendary armor once completed, complete bounties through the crucible, and also join a guild and gain access to their specialized gear that will allow you to rank up. Also, if you get the expansion pack, they'll likely be more story mode missions available in December for the first DLC, and March for the second.

Man their is a co-op mission believe it's on the moon. You have to fight this monster dude at the end. He starts chained down and breaks loose and is impossible to kill. Have tried this mission at least 30 times and can't beat the Damn thing. Can't even get the boss down to 50% health. Lol

What level are you? You may need to grind and get a little stronger before tackling this one again. Or your gear needs upgrading. I defeated that boss on my first try.

Also, FYI:  Over the weekend, my PS4 controller thumbstick started to wear out (too much Destiny?) so I contacted Sony.  They will replace it.  I just have to ship it to them and they will have it back to me within 7 days.  I will probably buy a second controller so I won't be without, I"ve wanted to buy one anyway, but I'm glad they are stepping up and fixing it.

IMO, Sony and Microsoft customer service for the PS and Xbox have both been outstanding over the years that I've had both systems.  

Just did Devil's Lair, the first group dungeon of Destiny.

First group, a guy went AFK during the 3 waves in the refinery part, which is probably the hardest part of the dungeon, and I left after wiping on wave 3 a couple of times. Too hard to 2 man.

Second group we eventually finished, but the big tank(Devil Walker I think his name is?)took FOREVER. I think our group DPS was bad, I know I was mostly using my Auto Rifle which is just a standard white weapon(I'm Titan and my other weapon is shotgun and going up close and personal vs bosses = death).

The last boss wasn't too bad, we wiped once but the second time I manned the upper parts while my teammates stayed down below and I mainly focused the boss, only going down when adds spawned to use my super which just does massive AOE damage while lobbing a grenade.

It was a pretty fun experience. Challenging too. It says it's a level 8 dungeon and we had a 7 and two 8s(I actually hit 9 midway through). I ended up with the most kills, which was nice, considering I was mostly attacking from range which is not my class's strongsuit. I got a really awesome Sniper Rifle as a reward so I think I'm just gonna snipe away until I get a better alternative.

Look for the weak points on the bosses. The Devil Walker is pretty easy if you have a team that knows what they are doing. Split up and you should be able to keep it going from side to side and shooting very little. concentrate fire on one leg until you blow off the armor then shoot the core that opens up on its neck for massive damage. rinse and repeat with the other legs.   Should take about 4 legs to kill it.

Challenging boss. The first time I beat him I just hung out at the entrance, but you have to dodge a turret that spawns repeatedly (probably to prevent you from hanging out here). This fight is about managing the adds. DPS the boss (shooting him in the chest) until the adds spawn then kill the adds, have someone keep the bosses attention while the team kills the adds, then back to DPS. Not an easy fight but there is a strategy that requires people to know what to do. Otherwise it is a fail.

Even when you hit level 20 you have not maxed out your character. You still have about 8 skills on your character to finish off as well as a complete subclass. 20 is just a level max, not a character max.

Archived