Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactuve Game Day Thread: Skins At Broncos

TK

i dont understand how we played hard, moved the ball, had a competent offense, and scored last week. and look like a totally different team today. 

We played read option and committed to the run last week...we decided we did not want to do that this week.

Goddamnit you stupid, horrible, 2nd stringer QB that need to be trade immediately for anything because you're not a professional player....why did you not mentally take control of Kirk cousins and cause him to not throw a pick 6

Clearly, this is all griffins fault and we need to cut bait. He's not matured to an all pro level 7 games into his second season, with limited off season work, and coming off a major injury...and now he's making our backup QBs throw interceptions.

Get rid of him.

RG3 stares down WR

BRING IN KIRK COUSINS

RG3 throws interception when his WR falls down

BRING IN KIRK COUSINS

RG3 throws an inaccurate ball

BRING IN KIRK COUSINS

--------------------------------KIRK COUSINS ENTERS GAME---------------------------------

Kirk Cousins completes some passes

OH LOOK HIS PASSES ARE SO CRISP AND BEAUTIFUL, HE'S SUCH A SMART QB, AND HANDSOME TOO!

Kick Cousins stares down his 1st read and throws an inaccurate, late pass for the pick 6.

THIS TEAM IS HORRIBLE, PLAYCALLING IS BAD! WHERE WAS THE BLOCKING? WE NEED TO BLOW IT ALL UP EXCEPT KIRK COUSINS BECAUSE HE'S SO SEXY.

Garcon didn't do Cousins any favors there. Didn't come back to the ball at all.

Pierre has had a rough game, too. We just didn't play well on offense today... Across the board.

Agreed.  Even in the run game it wasn't the best.  Outside of the left side of the offensive line just about everyone had a minus game on offense.  And even those two were barely plus off the initial read.

It's a shame that a fantastic defensive effort went to waste.

RG3 and Cousins are BOTH starting QB's in this league.

The Offensive line is the issue barring TW and in the WR's corp's we only have Garcon and Reed.

The Final answer! Payton Manning would suck in this offense. Why do you people think he didn't want to come here? He knows Kyle's offense sucks!

Today's GD thread reached an all time low, I am personally embarrassed by some of the comments. I have posted here for years and years, consider this board a great learning experience related to football and life. I don't think I will ever again post in the GD threads, the reactionary and sometimes hateful comments toward our players and coaches should make some members examine exactly where their personal mental stands. I understand criticism, but there was so much beyond that. Shame on some of you.

And the score is what most thought it would be anyway. wow.

Preach it buddy

Not really. He's been thrown into the middle of the game with no prep with the starters and the game is over for what it's worth. Not a good time to judge his play.

Grasping at straws is not a good look.  He was playing against a prevent defense.  So they weren't really gameplanning much either.  I still think he's a good qb, but we can't at this point say he's much better than RGIII. 

Someone said we have 2 bad qb's.  I think today that is quite true.

You're an idiot

Oh come one, if that were Griffin we'd be hearing about how he stared down Garçon, didn't step into the pass, is stupid, reminds us of Campbell, can't play the position, is a gimmick QB, etc.

Now somebody comes out and rubs I the fact that Cousins throws a pick in a game that is completely lost and you're going to be all butthurt?

It is negative, KD... but has it been true this year?

Since we've gone to a "more than one read" offense has he been successful?

Is he successful outside of the zone read?

Sure it sucks, but it's irresponsible to say it's not true.

I don't disagree his play hasn't been stellar this year. But ACL injuries, especially one like he had, aren't something that you come back from completely your first year back, unless your name is Adrian Peterson.

That's not really an excuse, his reads should still be solid. He's not making them. But, with full confidence in his knee, he can make more plays.

Having said that, I still believe his receivers and today especially, his OL aren't doing him any favors.

Garcon didn't attack that last pass and left Cousins hanging, too.

We just played piss poor today.

I don't think Griffin is the phenom we thought he was last year. But I don't think he's the bum he's labeled as this year, either. He falls somewhere in between at the moment and hopefully will improve over the course of the season and off season.

I'm still on the RGIII bandwaggon I can't wait until he gets back to himself so all these "Fair Weather" fans can get called out for being fake fans. 

Do you understand what a fair weather fan is? You know, some of us have been weathering this bad weather for 20+ years now. Questioning the ability of your QB does not make you a fair weather fan. It's when you jump to another team that makes  you fair weather. The fair weather fan would not be on this board screaming for any possible way to succeed and would not still be watching this game.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fair+weather+fan

1. Fair Weather Fan

A fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. During hard times they usually bandwagon other teams. They basically have no real loyalty to the team, but still manage to get better seats than you at the game. Strangely they mysteriously vanish at the first sign of trouble.
Fair weather fan: "OMG what a comeback! That was amazing!"

Regular fan: "How would you know? You left right when Favre threw the pick six in the 2nd and if I recall you didn't even start rooting for Green Bay until 2 weeks ago."

Fair weather fan: "... GO PACK!"

(After the playoff game the fair weather fan immediately became a Pats fan and stowed all Packer memorabilia away.)

Fair Weather Fan's creed:

Last to join, first to leave.

We traded away our future for RGIII and instead of protecting him for the long run we have alowed him to force his will on the team. He should have been kept out and the season should have started with Cousins. I have been saying this since the pre-season.

Now our season and our confidence is all but gone.

Archived