Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactuve Game Day Thread: Skins At Broncos

TK

Guys keep everything in perspective this season is over. The goal now is to develop rg3 into an nfl pocket passer. I would like to see a heavy does of passing moving forward with mixes of spread, PA, roll outs, bootlegs and to finally see rg3 under center for once.

Season over? We are 2 games out with 10 to play. We are just as bad as anyone in the division.

At what point do you question Qb ability of subway BOB?

Give it a rest.  Nobody, including the Messiah Kirk Cousins, covered themselves with glory today, unless they played for Denver.  We got our lungs stomped out. 

I don't think questioning RGIII's ability is warranted.  NO doubt, he was garbage today; I am interested to see if he bounces back at all next week..  He is suffering the dreaded sophomore slump.  As Griffin goes, so goes the team.  And as you can see, KC is no answer at this time.  The team needs better OL, better secondary, and probably an upgrade on DL to boot.  We aren't going to any postseason this year.  But at least we have some cap room.

It's a **** sandwich, and we have to eat it. 

Well...that was rough.

Tough pill to swallow.

RG is clearly in a sophomore slump right now and played like complete and utter poop...exacerbating that is horrendous offensive play calling, poor blocking on the OLine, and his receivers generally didn't help much either.

The defensive effort was admirable but there is a lot of blame to go around there too.

DHall. Played lights out...that's about the only positive thing that I can think of.

A lot of football to be played yet.

RG get your mind right. Put this abomination of a game behind you and come back next week ready to play.

So when RG3 runs a play action when we haven't run the ball for 2 drives and we're down by 20, turns his back to the play for 2 seconds, turns and throws straight to his 1st read like Kyle Shanahan told him to do all week in practice, is that not a stare down either?

Exactly. Now you're getting it.

That wasn't a stare down. That was a design pass to the one receive on that side of the ball. Garcon waiting for the pass instead of attacking the pass. If he attacks the pass, he catches it or he get an interference call. I'm giving Kirk the benefit of the doubt on that one.

He probably thought he defense was playing prevent so jumping a route was not expected.

No that was a stare down DRC was 10 yards soft cousins stares from the snap and wait till Garcon comes out of his break and then throws it

Both our starting safeties were out and almost all of us expected a loss, so why are people burning the place down? This place is ridiculous the Griffin hate just ****s me off.

I guess most people here are pissed b/c we were up by 14 after 5 minutes in the 3rd Q. then it was Denver all over.

Kyle tried to kill them by scoring fast when they were back to the tie. But it didn't work. Then D was tired as hell, and Broncos D was better than advertised.

And that board exploded as well.

If we score, quick after the tie, we might as well win the game and call Kyle a genius. But that didn't happen. Then, as always, the coach is a lame and must be fired.

I feel disappointed, but world still not falling apart, I'll have to get to work tomorrow morning. Dallas, Philly, all lost. It ain't over yet.

We just lost a game we expected to lose.

This has gotten past the point of no return. We don't have any coordinators worth a spit. Bump man worked fine the first half. So why change it and play soft? Payton being the Payton says freak it and takes whatever we give. Couple that w/ poor tackling equals easy yards.

Can anyone explain the playcalling this year because i'm baffled. We run a screen on tight man coverage. Then we go away from the run after getting a lead. Our weakness is the OL in drop back passing. So we decide its all or nothing and leave RGIII to suck it up. Dude was getting clobbered in the pocket. Which is why I laugh at ppl who say he shouldn't run. He never took that many massive kill shots on the run. I applaud him for having faith in his OL but for his longevity and career he'd better trust his eyes. Because they can't block and the D is sending the house up the middle.

Goddamn Kirk. It's your fault Reed dropped that ball for the INT. Need to get rid of the ball faster and your pocket presence just sucks.

Well, on Griffin's last INT, Garcon slipped.  Would've been a first down had he not lost his footing.  Perhaps KC shouldn't have thrown that to Reed.

It's the OLine.  They suck.  I don't care what PFF says.

I don't disagree his play hasn't been stellar this year. But ACL injuries, especially one like he had, aren't something that you come back from completely your first year back, unless your name is Adrian Peterson.

That's not really an excuse, his reads should still be solid. He's not making them. But, with full confidence in his knee, he can make more plays.

Having said that, I still believe his receivers and today especially, his OL aren't doing him any favors.

Garcon didn't attack that last pass and left Cousins hanging, too.

We just played piss poor today.

I don't think Griffin is the phenom we thought he was last year. But I don't think he's the bum he's labeled as this year, either. He falls somewhere in between at the moment and hopefully will improve over the course of the season and off season.

None of this has anything to do with his ability to read a defense.  Which he has demonstrated that he cannot do.

Wonder how Shanahan will explain this?

"I thought we did some things well today.  We'll work on the things that we didn't do so well in practice this week and be ready for next week"

Wonder how RGIII will explain this?

"It was a tough loss and i am confident that the coaching staff will figure it out and get us ready for next week"

Wonder how the team will respond to this dreadful collapse?

Hopefully by looking at the coaching staff.

Pathetic

Archived