Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactuve Game Day Thread: Skins At Broncos

TK

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, I won't question his natural ability to play QB until I've seen him developed by a worthy coaching staff. If that doesn't happen, it will always be a "what if" for me. Until then I wait and hope we get a real FO/coaching staff in here to help him succeed the way he has the potential to.

my greatest fear was that this staff would fail to develop him and its coming true

I don't buy the Griff can't read defenses guff either his ability there is linked to the staffs ability to cosch it, people have been pointing out how simplistic our passing offense is since last year

Defenses are all over our route combos

I could start a thread and script our passing game

Meanwhile last week I watched Geno Smith running a complete true WCO passing offense

My hat is off to the Defense.  They played their butts off.  Great job men.  Seriously.  You play like that the rest of the year and we will win more games.

DHall - game ball.  Great job.

Agreed! DHall, game ball

My hat is off to the Defense.  They played their butts off.  Great job men.  Seriously.  You play like that the rest of the year and we will win more games.

DHall - game ball.  Great job.

None of this has anything to do with his ability to read a defense. Which he has demonstrated that he cannot do.

True...RG has to continue to develop as a QB on the NFL. This was an abomination of a ball game from everyone but DHall and Alfred. Alot of blame to go around and a good portion of it is on RG's shoulders. I still like RG as our QB but it is pretty clear that he has taken a step back this year.

Why is it impossible to criticize a player after a bad game without everyone here attacking each other? Its OK, Griffin had a poor game. NO one criticized your wife/mother/whatever.  If you feel the need to attack other fans for stating fact, then take a look back and reassess yourselves.

K. Cousins

5/9 48 5.3 0 2 31.0 R. Griffin III 15/30 132 4.4 1 2

ITS OUR O LINE and recievers and the fact that denver could drop 7 and still break our line down in less than 2 seconds.

Where are all those Kirk Cousins fans?

I know people are going to come outta the woodwork saying this is somehow proof Cousins is overrated. The relative performance of a guy coming in cold , down 3 scores, with under 5 minutes doesn't mean a whole lot. And he got the same treatment from the OL that RG3 got.

Produce within 5 seconds; have the pocket presence to run or discard the ball;...?

better yet, call a stretch passing play where you utilize your QBs superior athleticism instead of destroyed through the A gaps.

We haven't run a bootleg that I can remember - we KILLED teams with that last year.

Just saw Josh Wilson and Fletcher walking into the locker room joking and smiling about something. A million dollar check is hitting their accounts in the morning. Sometimes you wonder if the game really means as much to them as it does to us fan (atics).

Because they're smiling, they don't care? It's their jobs. There is absolutely no way you can gauge how someone feels (under immense stress) just because they're smiling, otherwise parents who smiled because their kids were murdered at Sandyhook must have not cared either. A lot of those guys work their asses off. The part fans don't understand is that they can't let it linger. They have to move on to the next game, and hit the reset button. It's not a game where people mope and hang their heads 24/7.

He had the same group last year, so try again

Hey are you too blind to see he's not running. What made this offense  so good was because Robert Griffin was running the ball!!!! This isn't the same offense. This offense consists more of RG3 throwing from the pocket not running until at least next year, and everyone in the NFL knows. Defensive coordinator are conjuring up shutting our WR down, and that doesn't take much to do in all honestly.

you guys ever wonder why RG3 locks in on a receiver? perhaps that's what our genious offensive coordinator has been teaching him since he's joined the team. I always hate when an OC tries to micro manage playcalling. I think RG3 should be given the opportunity to call plays from the line of scrimmage based on the formation that's presented to him just like Peyton Manning does, and i'm suggesting doing so on every play. Also what happened to the hurry up offfense that we've been using for the past few games? i guess we decide not to use it because it worked so well.

Frustrated Fan

K. Cousins

ITS OUR O LINE and recievers and the fact that denver could drop 7 and still break our line down in less than 2 seconds.

Every team can't have an all-pro OL. You have to call plays to the strength of your team. I don't have the stats, but I don't think there were any: bootleg passes, waggle passes for the offense today. Why stand a mobile QB in the middle of a pocket that can't protect him? Makes no sense at all.

JSteelz is hugely reliable:

Couple truths ,Kyle and RG3 have a lot of tension ,not so much Shanny himself, Davis is on the block. Still don't like 6 mill man, need a 2

juuust lovely. but that first portion isnt a shock. wonder what's eating Griff. thought last part was denied last week but i can see why it's changed. we need another receiver.

K. Cousins

Agreed. They are built for run block, not pass blocking...WAY too small in the middle...

WRs can't get separation...Aldrick (maybe I'll catch it) Robinson another drop, Garcon is misused (Santana should be running the screens not Garcon), and no RB screens, middle screens, out patterns....just so damned Vanilla today...

Yes, how dare fans get upset by that performance. Shame on them for not being homers. They should appreciate the performance by RG3, which resembled the 2nd coming of an over the hill Mark Brunell.

Upset by the performance? Yes. This was about as bad of a half of football that I've ever seen.

The apoplectic reaction by many in this thread make sense but calling for RG to be tossed, calling for coaches to be spat upon, calling for a complete and utter dismantling of this team is idiocy and beyond the pale.

I know people are going to come outta the woodwork saying this is somehow proof Cousins is overrated. The relative performance of a guy coming in cold , down 3 scores, with under 5 minutes doesn't mean a whole lot. And he got the same treatment from the OL that RG3 got.

Exactly.  I'm not saying we should make the switch right now, but simply writing off Cousins when he didn't take any of the 1st team snaps isn't fair to him.  Of course, those RG3 fanboys will use today as an excuse to say "see, Cousins didn't do well.  Leave RG3 alone!"

Archived