Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactuve Game Day Thread: Skins At Broncos

TK

my greatest fear was that this staff would fail to develop him and its coming true

I don't buy the Griff can't read defenses guff either his ability there is linked to the staffs ability to cosch it, people have been pointing out how simplistic our passing offense is since last year

Defenses are all over our route combos

I could start a thread and script our passing game

Meanwhile last week I watched Geno Smith running a complete true WCO passing offense

Yeah, obviously Kyle's scheme can work under certain circumstances, but his playcalling within his own scheme's boundaries is puzzling. He creates an offense based around the success of the run game, but we're one of the fastest to abandon the run across the entire NFL.

That's on top of the offense itself--as you say, it's predictable and stagnant. When we want or need a big play, that fact is obvious. It's telling that the only reason that bomb to Robinson worked last week was because Tillman mistimed his jump on the ball, which for him is flukey.

Where are all those Kirk Cousins fans?

I am one of them. 

The Pick 6 was on him. He didn't disguise the pass with his eyes and looked the receiver down making it an easy INT for the defender

The game ending INT was on Reed. It hit him in the hands and he bobbled it. 

Kirk came in the game with 4:11 to go behind by 17. Everyone in the stadium knew he had to throw the ball and no runs would be called. That's an easy situation for any Defense. He was in a no win situation but did a lot better then most want to give him credit for and he looked better then RG3 did this game. I do not understand why anyone would put this on him

You can't be serious. It's only a game.

Yeah, it's just people blowing one game out of proportion. Nothing built up to this. Nothing at all.

Edit: I'm not saying anyone should pour beer on them, but it was more than "just one game." Unless you meant it's "only a game," as you shouldn't take it that seriously; football is just a game.

That being said, they deserve all the boos and hisses they may get.

Produce within 5 seconds; have the pocket presence to run or discard the ball;...?

Thats BS, once they stopped running the ball there was no time in the pocket.  Early in the game yes, but once  denver  stopped respecting the run there was no "5 seconds". over even close.  Did you even watch the game?   RG3 stunk just like 90 percent of the team did today  but your statement is garbage.

Some of you really amaze me....yes, RG3 wasn't at his best today but Kyle and the OL were absolutely terrible in the second half. The entire offense collapsed. I know it's hard to imagine more than one person/group being at fault, but I promise you, that's the case here. 

The Redskins desperately need two new starters along the OL. Hell, at this rate, they might need to replace Monty, who is getting destroyed this season. 

Kyle with some of the worst playcalling I've ever seen. You have a mobile QB and don't even try to move him outside the pocket all game? Okay. Just mind boggling. 

I'm at the point where every time Griff throws, I'm scared. Not for his health but because I expect either a ****ty throw or a ****ty decision.

That ACL excuse gets you but so far

and seriously **** the whole coaching staff. None of them are worth ****. 

I agree.  Man, I hate it, but I feel like I'm watching the Redskins from the latter Brunell years, where once you get down a score, you feel like you're in too deep of a hole.  Then to top off the fact that we gave so many picks for him.  It's horrible.  It really sucks going from thinking you have a franchise QB to Mark Brunell in 1 year.

I know people are going to come outta the woodwork saying this is somehow proof Cousins is overrated. The relative performance of a guy coming in cold , down 3 scores, with under 5 minutes doesn't mean a whole lot. And he got the same treatment from the OL that RG3 got.

Isn't that what people use when saying all Roberts numbers are collected during "garbage time"? Cousins isn't overrated, he's rated right where he should be.  As an nice competent backup to Robert.   

I agree.  Man, I hate it, but I feel like I'm watching the Redskins from the latter Brunell years, where once you get down a score, you feel like you're in too deep of a hole.  Then to top off the fact that we gave so many picks for him.  It's horrible.  It really sucks going from thinking you have a franchise QB to Mark Brunell in 1 year.

It's nuts. I've been defending him all season but he looks awful...like really awful. 

There's doubt in my mind for the first time concerning him

I love how everyone forgot last week and the game winning drive. Our offense was a machine last week. I knew we would get blasted this week and all the doomers would come from the woodwork . Next week we will probably win at home and then the doomers will be quiet until we get blasted again. We do not have the tools this season guys. Its going to be up and down. Probably more down than up. Just be on the right side of the point total and ca$h in. ;-)

I agree guys, D Hall plain out balled today and Alfred showed heart as he always does. Can you imagine what he could do behind a real  oline ?  The  wr's get no separation I have noticed this as well , I noticed that supposedly the Cards will listen to offers  for wr Fitzgerald and we know the Browns are taking orders for the wr Rg wanted the Skins to get him from  Baylor .  Both will probably cost too much for us and I don't know if theres a wr coming out next year we can go after in the second rd. there is free agency but that can be very expencive and should only be done with the proper kind of person.  So we need teo guards a center and a rt tackle as well as at least  m;lb a cb or two and two safties.  I know we are going to get our cap space bake but is it realistic to think we can get all of that with draft choices and free agency ? I mean they did such a great job on their other oline pick Leruibus.  He showed over weight and not ready and if the had a replacement he might just be gone.  Frustrating just doesn't cover it.  Glad RG is ok but maybe that will get the Front office to wake up on the true state of their oline.ufb man, meltdown of embarrassing proportions.

I am one of them. 

The Pick 6 was on him. He didn't disguise the pass with his eyes and looked the receiver down making it an easy INT for the defender

The game ending INT was on Reed. It hit him in the hands and he bobbled it. 

Kirk came in the game with 4:11 to go behind by 17. Everyone in the stadium knew he had to throw the ball and no runs would be called. That's an easy situation for any Defense. He was in a no win situation but did a lot better then most want to give him credit for and he looked better then RG3 did this game. I do not understand why anyone would put this on him

Another one doing it.  Didn't Curt come in during the same "garbage time" that people say allowed Robert to accumulate all his stats?  

Abandoned the running game...ugh. Heartbreaking to watch that one slip by so fast.

Certainly Almo was running well, I don't understand it when you had Denver close to the vest. In the pass offense there seemed to be no creativity either ie the Denver pick play. It seemed vanilla, and it surely seemed RGIII locked in on one WR/TE, missing open targets. That said, I didnt have the Skins winning this one, I think Denver could be a SB contender this year. My expectations are not butthurt because they were measured, not sure exactly what others were thinking. Have a great week everyone, and nobody commented on my avatar, seems so fitting. 

Archived