Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactuve Game Day Thread: Skins At Broncos

TK

Another one doing it.  Didn't Curt come in during the same "garbage time" that people say allowed Robert to accumulate all his stats?  

Another one doing it.  Didn't Curt come in during the same "garbage time" that people say allowed Robert to accumulate all his stats?  

His name is Kirk, not Curt. 

The garbage stats that RG3 has collected have come from the entire second halves of games that he started and played badly enough to get the Redskins in multiple TD holes. Robert Griffin started those games 0-0, led the team to massive defecates before leading them to some meaningless scores.

Kirk Cousins was thrust into a game down by 17 points with less then 5 minutes to play. He didn't get the luxury of having a running game to help him. He wasn't the reason the team was down by 17 points. That is on Robert.  

As I said, he should be making the reads... But there are a lot of other factors involved.

But I do agree his reads need to be better. I also think his offensive coordinator isn't helping him much. *shrug*

No doubt.  Best case scenario for the offseason (barring whole-sale changes) is that Kyle gets a head coaching job in college and we either hire a fired Kubiak or we get someone who is a little more seasoned. 

Some of you really amaze me....yes, RG3 wasn't at his best today but Kyle and the OL were absolutely terrible in the second half. The entire offense collapsed. I know it's hard to imagine more than one person/group being at fault, but I promise you, that's the case here. 

The Redskins desperately need two new starters along the OL. Hell, at this rate, they might need to replace Monty, who is getting destroyed this season. 

Kyle with some of the worst playcalling I've ever seen. You have a mobile QB and don't even try to move him outside the pocket all game? Okay. Just mind boggling.

That's exactly what i'm saying. What ever happened to the bootlegs,rollouts,or moving the pocket? We stopped running the ball and they just pinned their ears back. My question is this. Who cares what type of OL Shanny prefers for his offensive scheme predicated on the run. If the OC quits running the ball? We've got this smaller OL who can't pass block. We run a zone scheme. Almost no pulling, all some real

hoggs would have to do is lean left or right. Look at Houston. They got some real beef on their OL. Appears to work for them.

His name is Kirk, not Curt. 

The garbage stats that RG3 has collected have come from the entire second halves of games that he started and played badly enough to get the Redskins in multiple TD holes. Robert Griffin started those games 0-0, led the team to massive defecates before leading them to some meaningless scores.

Kirk Cousins was thrust into a game down by 17 points with less then 5 minutes to play. He didn't get the luxury of having a running game to help him. He wasn't the reason the team was down by 17 points. That is on Robert.  

First read I laffed, but then saw the truth and wisdom here, defecates IS the right word

Listen to Mitch about how RGIII locks in on receivers. The read-option kept the defense 'honest' last year. A good QB keeps the defense honest with their eyes. RGIII is not ready.

RGIII is an easy opponent for NFL defenses. Take away his first read or don't give him a pre-snap look and he's a sitting duck.

He hasn't proven otherwise on a consistent basis.

Well...to be honest...thanks to Kyle, Rob didn't have a run game in the second half to speak of either...

I agree with you in part, Kyle is a huge issue here but Robert still has to make the throws. Kyle can't do that himself. Truth is Kyle needs to be fired. I don't see Mike doing that to his son so I think unless things change very quickly this is the last season of the Shanahans

Listen to Mitch about how RGIII locks in on receivers. The read-option kept the defense 'honest' last year. A good QB keeps the defense honest with their eyes. RGIII is not ready.

RGIII is an easy opponent for NFL defenses. Take away his first read or don't give him a pre-snap look and he's a sitting duck.

He hasn't proven otherwise on a consistent basis.

I hope we get cousins for a few weeks coming up. Then we can lay this #$^# to rest.

Ugh... how bad is KDawg's day going.  Redskins lose big and Sabres trade Thomas Vanek.

Ouch bro... that smarts.

Didn't even see that, but that actually helps to make my day in a way. I'll miss Vanek, as I like him, but it's  probably a step that needed to be taken. The Sabres season is a dumpster fire lol

And there wasn't a football fan in the world that wasn't surprised at that score. And those same fans knew that wasn't going to continue through the 2nd half.

I disagree wholeheartedly. The Colts laid the blue print on how to beat the Broncos. Play the WRs tight and physical. They'll start looking for calls instead of playing. We did that the first half. Manning was in check. Second half we're playing off and soft. Manning takes the quick short throws we're giving him. Combine that w/that w/our bad tackling. Disasters waiting to happen.

Once Kyle remembered our strong suit was the run game not drop back passing. Our running back who's averaging just over 5ypc began feasting. Did you see anything that resembled the 2nd qtr offense?

RGIII is a great talker. Reminds me of Jim Zorn. I'm sitting here listening to his presser. He has a way of assuring everyone that everything is going to be fine. He also makes it sound as if, he's waiting for everyone to step up. As if,RGIII he's playing at a high level and waiting for everyone else to get to his level.

How 'bout saying this RGIII:

"I played like crap. I need to get better in order for this offense to click in the pass game. Our running game is good. I'm just making bad throws and not seeing the field well. I'll work at it. But for the good of the team, and if Kirk could do better, I'd be ok if he played."

RGIII is a great talker. Reminds me of Jim Zorn. I'm sitting here listening to his presser. He has a way of assuring everyone that everything is going to be fine. He also makes it sound as if, he's waiting for everyone to step up. As if,RGIII he's playing at a high level and waiting for everyone else to get to his level.

How 'bout saying this RGIII:

"I played like crap. I need to get better in order for this offense to click in the pass game. Our running game is good. I'm just making bad throws and not seeing the field well. I'll work at it. But for the good of the team, and if Kirk could do better, I'd be ok if he played."

Don't hold your breath bro

Archived