Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactuve Game Day Thread: Skins At Broncos

TK

Re: Cousins

It was garbage time. If Cousins came in and threw 2 TD's it would still be garbage time. If Griffin didn't get hurt and then threw 2 TD's it would still be garbage time. That's the way it has been all season and it shouldn't be any different.

Either way Griffin had a bad game and Cousins is still a back up QB. That's the way it should be.

Yeah, it's just people blowing one game out of proportion. Nothing built up to this. Nothing at all.

Edit: I'm not saying anyone should pour beer on them, but it was more than "just one game." Unless you meant it's "only a game," as you shouldn't take it that seriously; football is just a game.

That being said, they deserve all the boos and hisses they may get.

Nothing built up to this ? Did you just watch that game ? Your a moron for not thinking this is going to be a problem in the long run. RG3 just got kicked around like a soccer ball . I wish I had the mindset you did , then i wouldn't be thinking about breaking my TV. If your up 14 against the Broncos and you lose , there should be worryl.

But seriously, what the **** would RGIII and Kyle be beefing about? They both are sucking ass right now. 

Kyle: Robert we need you to run the ball 12 times a game for 80+ yards to win

Robert: I cant do it. I am getting crushed out there. Can't we throw more

Kyle: No throwing wont work but we can try so you will see

*makes no adjustments and gets away from running game for no reason*

*skins proceed to lose*

Kyle: see i told you

Robert: We cant get an extra blocker or two to shore up the O line

Kyle:........mwahahahaha no.

I'm still on the RGIII bandwagon I can't wait until he gets back to himself so all these "Fair Weather" fans can get called out for being fake fans. 

Me to, I need to see him out there with a significantly better WR core. Those dudes get no separation at all. Its not all their fault, but having just Garcon & Reed is not going to cut it. Hope this FO has plans on getting some real talent to put out there with Garcon & Reed....

Another one doing it.  Didn't Curt come in during the same "garbage time" that people say allowed Robert to accumulate all his stats?  

Would probably carry a little more weight if you knew who you were talking about. Just saying...

I honestly didn't see a problem abandoning the run game. It was getting stopped. It would have been 3 and outs on runs if they went run, run, run instead of pass, pass, pass. They were daring us to pass the ball and we sucked at it, royally.

You mix is up to keep the defense honest. Daring us to throw? Since when is playing super tight man coverage and busting through the A gaps in 2 seconds or less with 3 or 4 down linemen daring us to throw? We weren't supposed to win this game. We were never going to win this game.

RG3 gets a pass this entire year. If after his 3rd year, we're still seeing innacurracy and inability to see open receivers, then we might be able to call that trade with the Rams a bust. Not yet though - give him a full year after ACL.

Ok. Here's my problem. A great NFL QB comes into the league with certain abilities. I'm just not sure if RGIII has it. Again, the read-option was RGIII's savior last year.

What the ---- just happened, I have followed the redskins for 20 plus years and that must be the worst offensive playcalling I have ever seen. If Kyle has a job tomorrow its a f------ joke, tonight I actually feel sorry for the defence, Chester and Montgomery can't start next week just shift litch to centre and put gettis and leribus in, what do we lose trying them?

Except for the part that I stated he's not making reads in the very post you quoted... :)

The excuses around those, KD.  I see QBs with bad ankles, broken ribs, injured collar bones, no legit linemen at all, and they can go out and execute.  The knee is a long way from the brain.

All you had to do was keep running the ball. An we did not. RG3 didn't help us at all. I question his instincts as a QB, a sloppy Mike Vick. Cap penalty and the price we paid for RG3, we will not be good for years folks.

I supppse you didn't notice how we abandoned the run game in the second half w/ a 14 point lead? Or the fact that none of the WRs could get open? How about the kill shots Griff was taking behind this swiss cheese style OL? I get your point that RGIII wasn't impressive but unfortunately he hung in the pocket and created more time using his feet only to get smothered by 3 man rushes. I could understand a coverage sack. But our OL got bullrushed and beaten by 3 man fronts. It's insane watching the OC call deep passing plays w/ no check down behind a bad OL. Kyle made ZERO adjustments to what they were doing on defense.

You mix is up to keep the defense honest. Daring us to throw? Since when is playing super tight man coverage and busting through the A gaps in 2 seconds or less with 3 or 4 down linemen daring us to throw? We weren't supposed to win this game. We were never going to win this game.

I didn't expect us to win. I was hoping we would when we were up by two scores but knew what Manning was capable of.

They were stacking the box. They were keying on the run and our runs started to go for no gain or very little either direction. I understand mixing it up but it was literally as wasted down in the second half. Great offensive teams like, well the Broncos, don't really bother running the ball and it works out for them just fine.

Kyle called a pretty bad game. RG3 played horribly. He holds the ball too long and stares down receivers.

They teased me into thinking we had a chance in this one after Hall's pick 6.

And the O-Line is horrific.

That's a very good summary. I hate that we always try to find one boogeyman on this board.

Plenty of suckage to go around. I'm convinced its not one element.

Nobody- except d hall- is blameless this year. And I never thought I'd say that.

The excuses around those, KD.  I see QBs with bad ankles, broken ribs, injured collar bones, no legit linemen at all, and they can go out and execute.  The knee is a long way from the brain.

As I said, he should be making the reads... But there are a lot of other factors involved.

But I do agree his reads need to be better. I also think his offensive coordinator isn't helping him much. *shrug*

I agree.  Man, I hate it, but I feel like I'm watching the Redskins from the latter Brunell years, where once you get down a score, you feel like you're in too deep of a hole.  Then to top off the fact that we gave so many picks for him.  It's horrible.  It really sucks going from thinking you have a franchise QB to Mark Brunell in 1 year.

I think you absolutely hit the nail on the head here. RG3 success came from running, and if his one read was covered. Kind of a fluke. Now he tries one guy in the pocket and the D eats it.

Me to, I need to see him out there with a significantly better WR core. Those dudes get no separation at all. Its not all their fault, but having just Garcon & Reed is not going to cut it. Hope this FO has plans on getting some real talent to put out there with Garcon & Reed....

So are you saying that Payton, Brady, Brees or even Wilson couldn't do anything with the receivers we have?

WR will rarely be "wide open" in this league. Separation is over-rated. RGIII needs to "see" receivers open before he let's it go. By that time, it's too late. When was the last time you've seen him lead a receiver besides the crossing pattern he likes?

When the defense takes that crossing pattern away, RGIII is done. He panics in the pocket or he freezes in the pocket.

Any other QB in our past would have been benched.

Kyle made ZERO adjustments to what they were doing on defense.

That's the frustrating thing to me.

I think I posted about our straight drop backs in the first quarter of the thread, predicting we wouldnt adjust.

And we didn't.

And it's not just me and a few others. You're hearing more and more analysts openly question why we aren't adjusting when what were doing isn't working.

Denver's a bad D, people. And our O sucked. Lots of blame to go around, but our coordinator just does not adjust when his plan doesn't work.

Nothing built up to this ? Did you just watch that game ? Your a moron for not thinking this is going to be a problem in the long run. RG3 just got kicked around like a soccer ball . I wish I had the mindset you did , then i wouldn't be thinking about breaking my TV. If your up 14 against the Broncos and you lose , there should be worryl.

sarcasm20meter.jpg

You probably want to get that looked at. ;)

I think this is the first time I've been accused of being too optimistic in my ES history. :wub:

Archived