Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Is Being Critical Of Rgiii So Blasphemous Here?

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Its like a friggin see-saw!

When the offense struggles, the defense was playing with a fire; when the defense struggled, the offense picked up the pieces.

We need 2 fat kids on each side to balance it out.

RGIII is showing improvement, but for the love of god what is his thing with sliding? As if last year's Ravens game should have been an eye-opener,  he's still not getting down, at least in a sliding form, He did already more than reach a first down, right? 

He's gotta get this down, or some defensive player is going to put him down...

The inference being ..... ?

I'd be pissed with ANY guys family sticking their oar in on their sons career and his ball club's business. Talk about living out a non football career vicariously. ONE time is one time too many. 

Hail. 

All good points. Please accept my apology for calling you out.

I'm just so frustrated with this season. It's also hard being a Skins fan in the Baltimore area, the unsolicited hate gets old.

All good points. Please accept my apology for calling you out.

I'm just so frustrated with this season. It's also hard being a Skins fan in the Baltimore area, the unsolicited hate gets old.

Oh man. No apology needed. I never saw it as you 'calling me out.' Just a difference of opinion. Things get heated. it's a message board. I was equally at fault over this in that regard with others aside from yourself. 

We're good. But hey, if I ever DO need calling out (quit yelling 'HELL YEAH YOU DO GIBBS!' from the back. *******!); then please, do so. If I deserve to brought back down to Earth so to speak, then I'd rather someone did before I made a complete ass of myself. (SHUT IT! *******! :lol: ).

Hail.  

Winning the East wasn't an improvement?

We commit the same dumb mistakes, turnovers, penalties, etc. improving is not going 10-6 one season in a very weak division. Improving is cutting down on penalties, being more efficient on both sides of the ball and beating teams you are supposed to beat. Improving is going 11-5 or better year after year and contending for SBs and not pathetic division titles.

Just like the Capitals, division crowns and every five years or so playoff appearances are unacceptable. Anyone who bought "2012 NFC East Champs" gear is a buffoon. Is that the standard you want from this team? That is what Browns and Lions fans hope for each year. There was a time when fans demanded we be talked about with a chance to compete for SBs and not wild card births.

Sad but probably true statement by Boswell tonight in the Post: "Griffin had jets last year. Now, he's another fast guy in a league full of fast guys."

But as a QB who can make all the throws, all you really need to be is fast. He can still hurt defenses with his legs. I don't need him to score from 75 yards out...I just need him to be able to make the plays to keep the chains moving and occasionally flip the field (like he did before fumbling the ball yesterday).

Also, it's 3 games. For all we know, by week 8 of this year or week 1 of next year, he'll have his "jets" back.

Because RGIII has more power than anybody in the organization except for Snyder?  If you think Shanahan calls the shots with regard to whether or not he can bench RGIII for poor play, you are sadly mistaken.

For a number of posts now, you've been on thin ice when it comes to such consistently questionable (using a polite word) remarks and with this as a fine example, it's now going to be judged as trolling, and when that's the case on ES you're gone. This should be noted by some other "newer" folks here (really new or just sockpuppet/dupe-accts), and no one should make the often-terminal mistake of crying "it's because of the opinion" because that will also result in a major "fail"---we don't care what "opinion" you have on anything, in and of itself.

Wait what? So we arent allowed to criticize any of the mistakes hes made because hes coming off injury? Did we go into this season expecting not to do well because he is injured? He's playing for a reason, if he is unable to perform, then he wouldnt be in the game. But if he is in the game, then he should be able to get criticized for his play. For example, that pick that he threw today was just a stupid decision. It had nothing to do with his injury. 

That's the fact, but our defense can't stop anyone. The Lions would have taken back the lead anyways and that's a fact too. 

I agree with the OP...

After the game yesterday I was in the parking lot and I just kept saying "Man -That stupid fumble by RG3 really killed us. Just hold on to the ball" and it was like I went around and killed puppies.

RG3 is the man..He is our best option at QB and will play for a long time. EVEN if he cant run at all (And he can), he is a better pocket passer then most guys.  I don't want him benched, traded, or anything...

But he really screwed up on that fumble yesterday, and it was one of maybe 3 big plays that cost us the game.  We are allowed to say it.  

A terrible defense, terrible RT, average WR core and the superstar QB who made us relevant for the first time since 1999 coming off LCL and ACL surgery 8 months ago and we're shocked we're not winning games?

Stop reading the ESPN press clippings, they pumped all this hype in to us that we started to be blinded by it. I'm shockingly not upset that we're 0-3 because I understand this is a marathon not a sprint. We have our franchise QB finally and now we're playing him trying to knock off the rust. So what if we don't make the playoffs this year? We have a QB and we have Salary Cap and our 1st round picks again after next year. Stop being short sighted and realize we're in much better shape than most franchises. 

Yes, we're not seattle,san fran or denver but whose to say we cant be as good as those teams a year or two down the line? 

P.S RGIII did make some game costing mistakes in the lions game but the great news is he did take a step forward which is good news even though we're 0-3. 

A terrible defense, terrible RT, average WR core and the superstar QB who made us relevant for the first time since 1999 coming off LCL and ACL surgery 8 months ago and we're shocked we're not winning games?

Stop reading the ESPN press clippings, they pumped all this hype in to us that we started to be blinded by it. I'm shockingly not upset that we're 0-3 because I understand this is a marathon not a sprint. We have our franchise QB finally and now we're playing him trying to knock off the rust. So what if we don't make the playoffs this year? We have a QB and we have Salary Cap and our 1st round picks again after next year. Stop being short sighted and realize we're in much better shape than most franchises. 

Yes, we're not seattle,san fran or denver but whose to say we cant be as good as those teams a year or two down the line? 

That's my outlook right now. I feel our window is wide open at this point. A lot of good teams don't follow a linear path of success. Not everyone goes 9-7, 11-5, 13-3 to a Super Bowl title.

I think the silver lining of these 0-3 clouds are that the team now has a bunch of games to gel together. It sucks that we aren't playing  better, but we probably shouldn't have expected so much out of this team with all the strikes against it. Griffin missing the entire off-season and shaking off the rust, the accumulating impact of the cap penalty, the first place schedule (which we haven't even really encountered yet), etc.

I don't believe even a 5-win season derails the long-term optimism of this organization.

Great point!  Please tone down the knee jerk reaction.  He's supposed to be our long term solution, not short term success.  We were all over excited about the team's success last season.  So far this season is a smack to reality that this team as a whole is far from being one of the top team as we would expect them to.

As for the whole RG3 media extravaganza, well, he brought some of the scrutinies to himself.  These are just small problems.  Nothing we should worry about.

0-3 only means something in the long-term if the team thinks it means something.  Psychologically, I think that the team is pretty much in the same place it was at 3-6 last season.  The question is, do they snap out of this this year like they did last year.  

There are 13 games to go, and people can throw out all the numbers about 0-3 that they want to, but at the end of the day there are many more games ahead than there are behind.  Many years this team has started out strong, but those strong starts ended up being fool's gold because they just weren't that good and reality eventually caught up.  I believe overall this is a solid team with some pretty obvious flaws that has not come close to reaching it's potential yet.  

I believe this team can continue to get better, and who knows where we are in December.  There were signs of life yesterday, but it pretty much comes down to what do the players believe they can still accomplish this season.

I love the kid but I can't say he's above reproach. Its like grading him on a curve. That pick was dumb. He tried to force it when he shoulda just thrown it away. Between coming back from the injury and now pressing. He's forcing some things. I'm have more of a problem w/ the play calling. We all knew Detroit had a serious DL amd were going to bring it all day. The passing game should have been short and quick. Lots of quick screens and, quick hitters to get the ball out his hands. 50 passes is not our offense. Morris ran hard and determined when ever he got the ball. He needs more carries. Can't see how we're worried about burning him out when Helu is there as well. I'm just saying no RGIII isn't above criticism. Especially the type that points out possible areas of improvement. Its just so difficult after hearing how he was 100%. Anyone who's watched the games can see thats not the case. But we would've still been at this crux had Cousins started. Just a tough call all the way around.

I'm happy we have Griffin. I was ecstatic that we made the trade to get him.

Seeing the other holes on this team and now realizing that Griffin is going to have us holding our breath everytime he's hit, makes me wonder how we'd look with those picks and Tannehill/Cousins. I'm not second guessing the trade or wishing we didn't make it, just curious what the roster would look like and if we'd be a better overall team.

How can you be critical when he is playing through a recovery process that just ended a month ago? Talk to us after the season and I'm sure you'll a more balanced analysis of RG3's play. He looks like hes getting better each week

I cant speak for everyone, but for me RG3 opened himself up to criticism  because for months he's been telling everyone who would listen how he was 100% and implying that Shanahan has been holding him back when he was ready to go. 

Last year he created this issue when he hid the severity of his injury and didnt tell anyone when he re-injured himself. Which led to him getting carted off the field and our season ending abruptly.

I love the kid but this superman ego trip has got to stop. He doesn't need to be pushing others. He needs to look in the mirror, identify his own mistakes and correct them. Fortunately he's a smart kid with a ton of talent. Reality is smacking him in the face right now but I'm confident he will learn from the experience and grow from it eventually. 

Saying anything around here that is not 100% on board with the masses is blasphemous. 

In any event a co-worker posed an interesting thought this morning.  RGIII for the Browns 2, 1st round picks.  As a football decision, I think it's worth considering.  But then, who would Danny take to the correspondant's dinner, so it won't happen.  Business as usual.

I love the kid but I can't say he's above reproach. But we would've still been at this crux had Cousins started. Just a tough call all the way around.

Exactly. "Should we have started Kirk?" floated in my head all night, and mixed with the movie "Life of Pi", I didn't sleep at all, way too much goin' on!

He's not above reproach. But someone should maybe let him know that Pop Rocks and Tootsie Pops help smokers quit, but they don't win games. :P

HTTR, I'm not givin' up yet.  Slide, son, slide.

Exactly you hit that nail on the head yo good job son. I like RG3 but he wont be the same with that knee. and here is the proof:

1. He dont trust his knee which is why he dont plant on it.

2. The bad passes leads to interceptions which leads to losing.

3. He cant run like he use to so we cant do the read option anymore.

4. no read option = average football which is why I say trade RG3 while we can and get some picks. 2 1st rounders easy. plus its a good draft class coming up next in college yo. Gotta be proactive to get ahead in this league son.

LOL this is comical...tell you what AAFJ I am so glad that you are not a decision maker for the skins.

Taking it back to the beginning...the argument for not moving up to draft RG3, which I was on the fence about, was that we would be giving up so much.  We had tons of holes then, and we have tons of holes now.  And those holes are not easy to plug without draft picks.

If we knew where we were today, would you still give up three first round picks and a second rounder for RG3? 

Taking it back to the beginning...the argument for not moving up to draft RG3, which I was on the fence about, was that we would be giving up so much.  We had tons of holes then, and we have tons of holes now.  And those holes are not easy to plug without draft picks.

If we knew where we were today, would you still give up three first round picks and a second rounder for RG3? 

All day long, buddy.  You betcha.  No doubt.  He's da man.

No one could've foreseen the knee injury.  Someone might say, " I did, saw him do it at Baylor", but it's crazy to even discuss.  Most of us were completely in the tank...seen his highlight reel from his sophomore year of HS?  Dude was amazing!  

~I named a female cat after him. (RG) When I find the trash can overturned, it's "ROBERTA!" 

he can be criticized, but it should be tempered.

he's not going anywhere, he's not going to get benched.

he is a second year player who is taking a few mental lumps in the NFL while getting his legs under him after a bad injury. no matter what anyone would ever have you blieve, every player other than AP who's ever come back from a major knee surgery talks about the mental aspect of trusting it again.

It'll come. It's strong, and he's feeling more and more of it. It's a painful process to watch, but the throw to Robinson is the kind of throw we've seen, and he stepped properly, and had his base set under him, and he threw a dead strike... something he's not been doing properly in the first two games.

the scramble in which he fumbled... the run was what we're used to seeing, and what he's used to doing. I would think he may have needed some convincing the knee could handle it, and that run may have if not for the disaster at the end.

yesterday he made two critical errors, absolutely. The INT was all on him, and in fact i don't know why he didn't throw it to the TE trailing right in front of him.. that was a horrendous decision.

The fumble was bad luck, he's got to protect the football and there's no question about it.

the question is this when being critical.

do you think he's the same old bad Qb we're used to having around here who will not get better, who will not learn from his mistakes?

Do you think our coaching staff is going to let their prize Qb not learn from these bad last few weeks?

I think he is a smart player, and I think that he's got a world of talent and a ton of athletic ability, and i think these hard lessons will teach him.

So while criticism can be leveled, I think these things have to be considered. He's a young player working through some adversity. Can he do it?

everything we've ever seen about him says he can.

~Bang

Archived