Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Is Being Critical Of Rgiii So Blasphemous Here?

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

I've been trying to get over this for three weeks now but it is getting really ridiculous.

Guys, it is okay to criticize the dude. Just because I criticize him for making mistakes, it does not mean I am "turning" on him or want him gone. 

While he is improving, his mistakes are not beyond reproach because of injury, 2012, or anything like that. I'm tired of seeing good posters flamed for saying his footwork needs work or something harmless like that. 

I'm not talking about the idiots that want him traded. They're delusional. But I should not have to defend myself for saying his INT was a back-breaking turning point in the game.

I'd venture to say that 95% of the fan base would give him a damn kidney if needed (me included). 

Same goes for Morris, Shanahan, and everyone else (well maybe not the kidney part for them)

Had to get that off of my chest.

How can you be critical when he is playing through a recovery process that just ended a month ago? Talk to us after the season and I'm sure you'll a more balanced analysis of RG3's play. He looks like hes getting better each week

this is exactly what I'm talking about.

So because he got hurt last year, he's above all criticism?? That makes zero sense

this is exactly what I'm talking about.

So because he got hurt last year, he's above all criticism?? That makes zero sense

Huh? I said how can we judge fairly when he is clearly in the first phase of play post the injury.

Because RGIII has more power than anybody in the organization except for Snyder?  If you think Shanahan calls the shots with regard to whether or not he can bench RGIII for poor play, you are sadly mistaken.

What the heck? Where did you get this claim from? come on bro lets keep the conspiracies out of the thread. 

How can you be critical when he is playing through a recovery process that just ended a month ago? Talk to us after the season and I'm sure you'll a more balanced analysis of RG3's play. He looks like hes getting better each week

Wait what? So we arent allowed to criticize any of the mistakes hes made because hes coming off injury? Did we go into this season expecting not to do well because he is injured? He's playing for a reason, if he is unable to perform, then he wouldnt be in the game. But if he is in the game, then he should be able to get criticized for his play. For example, that pick that he threw today was just a stupid decision. It had nothing to do with his injury. 

I've been trying to get over this for three weeks now but it is getting really ridiculous.

Guys, it is okay to criticize the dude. Just because I criticize him for making mistakes, it does not mean I am "turning" on him or want him gone. 

Some people are just too sensitive about this topic.

Huh? I said how can we judge fairly when he is clearly in the first phase of play post the injury.

What the heck? Where did you get this claim from? come on bro lets keep the conspiracies out of the thread. 

Just putting 2 and 2 together.  Dude has "open access" to the owners office, much like Clinton Portis used to have.

You can be critical because he still makes dumb mistakes. That INT was a dumb mistake. The fumble was a dumb mistake. Just because he's improving doesn't mean he gets a Get Out Of Jail Free card.

Just putting 2 and 2 together.  Dude has "open access" to the owners office, much like Clinton Portis used to have.

The difference is Portis' access had bite.

At least when Zorn was here. Not Gibbs.

Do you see Snyder coming to Shanahan and telling him to accommodate RG3 in some way?

Shanahan wouldn't stand for it.

I didn't say not to judge his play, I'm simply stating that its tough when he's literally just getting back on the field post the injury. Its clear he's shaking the rust while trying to regain form. I never said we can't be critical.

Other than still not learning how to slide properly, which is definitely on him, he's made solid improvement during his recovery process.  Blame needs to go to the coaching staff, our weak D and Oline, and our GM with dicking around with the salary cap so bad that we lose 1/5 of our cap

The difference is Portis' access had bite.

At least when Zorn was here. Not Gibbs.

Do you see Snyder coming to Shanahan and telling him to accommodate RG3 in some way?

Shanahan wouldn't stand for it.

Um huh? Dude what are you talking about? I've seen nothing like that from the ownership that looks to be undermining our current coaching staff.

You can be critical because he still makes dumb mistakes. That INT was a dumb mistake. The fumble was a dumb mistake. Just because he's improving doesn't mean he gets a Get Out Of Jail Free card.

Exactly you hit that nail on the head yo good job son. I like RG3 but he wont be the same with that knee. and here is the proof:

1. He dont trust his knee which is why he dont plant on it.

2. The bad passes leads to interceptions which leads to losing.

3. He cant run like he use to so we cant do the read option anymore.

4. no read option = average football which is why I say trade RG3 while we can and get some picks. 2 1st rounders easy. plus its a good draft class coming up next in college yo. Gotta be proactive to get ahead in this league son.

Exactly you hit that nail on the head yo good job son. I like RG3 but he wont be the same with that knee. and here is the proof:

4. no read option = average football which is why I say trade RG3 while we can and get some picks. 2 1st rounders easy. plus its a good draft class coming up next in college yo. Gotta be proactive to get ahead in this league son.

:blink:  ok, I'm leaving the thread now. This is starting to sound knee-jerkish

I think many would be less put off by criticism of RG3's mistakes, if the comments that soon followed weren't usually bench him and start Cousins. 

Which is a stupid idea unless you want to sacrifice the long-term for a short-term that is not even guaranteed.  In other words, there is no guarantee Cousins comes in and does any better, and then you have pissed away the long-term also because the relationship with Griffin has been damaged. 

Robert did make some plays today that definitely hurt the team,  but he is getting better each week. 

There is a difference between being critical and attacking the guy personally calling him a primadonna and make accusations of big timing the team. There is a difference between critcism and constructive criticism. I feel like the kid has done enough in the last year to earn some cushion before we come out with the pitchforks. No one is saying the INT wasn't a bonehead move or the fumble wasnt an unecessary bonehead manouvre but the bench calls are in no way constructive. It is the same few members calling for the guys head every week as though we have better options...

No way to know this is true and it probably isnt true given he had 6 rushes for 40+ today and had several great throws today. Just be honest and say you want him gone. No need to pretend to be neutral. We won't hate you for it. Everyone hs an opinion.

And you know this how?

Snyder basically held his hand during his ACL surgery, goes to dinner with he, his fiance and family etc.

Snyder doesn't do this for all the players, just his "favorites"

That is why I feel like RGIII may be causing some resentment in the locker room.

Archived