Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Is Being Critical Of Rgiii So Blasphemous Here?

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

If you think that Cousins should be starting you need to lay off the stupid. I'm tired of it.

If you think that Griffin cost us the game I'd have to disagree with you. His two major mistakes, the interception and the fumble did not prevent a score. Sure, they could have scored on those drives but they could have scored in any one of the 15 other drives but they didn't.

If you want to lay blame on one particular person for losing the game for us then you blame Aldrick Robinson. He catches that ball and we win the game. I'd be fine with laying the blame on Robinson. Really though, it's a team sport and the whole team deserves the blame.

So yeah, don't be stupid and blame Griffin for the loss today. If you must look for a scapegoat then I'd look elsewhere.

If you take that as me calling anyone a hater for critiquing Griffin, so be it.

LOOLLLLLLLL

wow lol I doubt that. Yall must think Cousins is sorry or something. I say that bcuz against Philly, we got off to a bad start because RG3 was so bad but if Cousins was in there we could have kept it close. Then RG3 was turning the ball over I just feel we would of had a better chance because RG3 wasnt ready. Then today RG3 still wasnt the same and he still threw a INT which is a no no. Cousins would of given us a better chance, all you gotta do is think about it for real and you will see.

Wow you really think we are bad, wheres the confidence in the team. We should be 2-1 at least. See the post above.

Cousins would have stopped the Philly offense, made Morris not fumble or drop a pitch. It's just poor speculation that anything would have been better and since Griffin was 100% medically cleared to play, he deserved to play as our franchise guy.

Cousins looked good against the Browns. He didn't set the world on fire then either. He is not he savior so many think. I don't see anything he would bring to the table that would improve our team over Griffin

This just doesn't make any sense to me.

ExtremeSkins you can keep talking **** about our QB, at least we don't have Colin Caepernick! I'll take a one legged soon to be healthy at some point this season RG3, over a fully healthy terrible QB anyday. Robert IS getting better physically, he had some mental errors today, they can be corrected. Critique him all you want, but the fact is he is on the way back from a MAJOR knee injury. The Forty Niners Qb has NO excuse, just bad play.

What does that have to do with anything?  Should I bring up that Luck and Wilson are looking great and that Tannehill is 3-0?  That's at least as relevant as Kaepernick is to this discussion.  

All I know is he's 9-10 as a starter and that's just not good enough. There is still plenty of time for improvement but this season is basically over, and RG3 is the main reason why.

He should expect a great deal of criticism. He's earned it, both on and off the field.

Mind...blown.

Not to say that RG hasn't played well...but our defense has given up 99 million yards...and RG is the MAIN reason why? Wow.

KC12 has played in a total of 4 regular season games (ATL, BAL, CLE, SEA) if we want to use the logic presented here...KC12 is 1-3...

Fact is that RG is this teams best chance to win now and in the future. He is the best QB on this roster by far. Hands down.

ExtremeSkins you can keep talking **** about our QB, at least we don't have Colin Caepernick! I'll take a one legged soon to be healthy at some point this season RG3, over a fully healthy terrible QB anyday. Robert IS getting better physically, he had some mental errors today, they can be corrected. Critique him all you want, but the fact is he is on the way back from a MAJOR knee injury. The Forty Niners Qb has NO excuse, just bad play.

He does have an excuse, actually. His entire receiving corps is injured.

But we already knew he was a one-dimensional passer. He puts no touch on his passes, ever.

All I know is he's 9-10 as a starter and that's just not good enough. There is still plenty of time for improvement but this season is basically over, and RG3 is the main reason why.

He should expect a great deal of criticism. He's earned it, both on and off the field.

See. This is where I get defensive.

"RG3 is the main reason why."

A general statement with no factual evidence to back it up expected to be taken as truth. That's to say that RG3 is the main reason why this team is losing to you.

So explain to us, how is RG3 the main reason why? How, of 53 players on the team plus coaching, training, ownership, etc does RG3 deserve to be the main reason.

Indulge us.

A general statement with no factual evidence to back it up expected to be taken as truth. That's to say that RG3 is the main reason why this team is losing to you.

So explain to us, how is RG3 the main reason why? How, of 53 players on the team plus coaching, training, ownership, etc does RG3 deserve to be the main reason.

Indulge us.

why by not being perfect immediately after a major injury obviously.  He should sit on the bench until he's ready to be perfect.  After all, not playing with surely be the answer to shaking off that on field rust he's suffering

If you think that Cousins should be starting you need to lay off the stupid. I'm tired of it.

Agreed.

If you think that Griffin cost us the game I'd have to disagree with you. His two major mistakes, the interception and the fumble did not prevent a score. Sure, they could have scored on those drives but they could have scored in any one of the 15 other drives but they didn't.

Nonsense. Griffin's interception was at Detroit's 19 yard line on 1st down. That's in field goal range. His incredibly stupid fumble was once again on a 1st down and the end of his run was at the detroit 29 yard line with the game tied. That's very close to field goal range and there is no reason to think they couldn't advance the ball at all after that.

Because a lot of people aren't being critical and are just ****ing and moaning. Few are, but there are also some calling for him to be benched in favor of Cousins which is just ridiculous. Also there are people saying his ego OFF the field hurt the team when the players themselves laughed that off. Talking about the play of Griffin on the field the last 3 weeks while keeping in mind he is coming off a major injury is one thing.... just hating, being short sighted and being ridiculous is another. Our insider comes on earlier in the week and says Griffin graded out well for the Green Bay game and people who aren't qualified or coaches wanted to argue with him.

I take it you mean me? :ols:

Whatevs.

why by not being perfect immediately after a major injury obviously. He should sit on the bench until he's ready to be perfect. After all, not playing with surely be the answer to shaking off that on field rust he's suffering

This gives me a perfect idea!!!

A "player perfection gauge". This hypothetical device will monitor ones blood, muscular, joint and mental acuity levels. When at the appropriate levels the player will then be deemed perfect and allowed to play this brutal game we call football. Only then will the chosen one be allowed to get under center.

Or, **** it. Buy a mood ring and make him wear it until it turns pink.

Indulge us.

It's an opinion.  Based on three consecutive games of losing-quality QB play. 

It's a QB league and the team with the superior QB play will win a vast majority of the games.  So...scoreboard.  

Let's hope RG can outperform Terrelle Pryor this Sunday.  If he does, we could win the game.  If he doesn't, there's no telling how "defensive" some of us around here might get.

Edit:  Also, I think it's time to drop the "rusty" cliche.  He's had 12 quarters of action and 3 full weeks of practice as the starter.  That's considerably more action than any starting QB gets in preseason.

Cousins would have stopped the Philly offense, made Morris not fumble or drop a pitch. It's just poor speculation that anything would have been better and since Griffin was 100% medically cleared to play, he deserved to play as our franchise guy.

Cousins looked good against the Browns. He didn't set the world on fire then either. He is not he savior so many think. I don't see anything he would bring to the table that would improve our team over Griffin

This just doesn't make any sense to me.

Cousins cant stop the Philly offense man, lets be for real. But here's the thing: RG3 didn't even play 1 snap in preseason and we had him starting??? thats the reason to me why Philly got the big lead in the first place. It wasnt because of our defense, it was because we couldnt move the ball on offense because RG3 was rusty and didnt want to run like he used to. Come on man I know you at least gotta agree that RG3 starting put us in a bad spot, come on. Anybody watching could see he was hurting the team but at least Cousins would of given us a chance.

What does that have to do with anything? Should I bring up that Luck and Wilson are looking great and that Tannehill is 3-0? That's at least as relevant as Kaepernick is to this discussion.

My point is we are dissecting everything Robert does and the SIMPLE fact is that he is returning from a MAJOR injury. It really is that easy, but we can't see that cuz we thought even with a rust laden QB we at least would have found a way to win 1 game out of the first 3. The Niners are the Heavy Favorite to win the NFC and return to the Super Bowl, however their HEALTHY Qb is hurting them right now. So my point to this conversation is with time our QB is going to be great again, which is better than a lot of other teams in the nFL. So let's be patient and let him return to greatness, quit tearing him apart in the EARLY goin to this season.

Nonsense. Griffin's interception was at Detroit's 19 yard line on 1st down. That's in field goal range. His incredibly stupid fumble was once against on a 1st down and the end of his run was at the detroit 29 yard line with the game tied. That's very close to field goal range and there is no reason to think they couldn't advance the ball at all after that.

I thought the pick was on our side of the field. I must have that wrong, my apologies. Still, there is no guarantee that they score a touchdown on either one of those drives. Say they get two field goals. We need 7 points to tie. Of course they could have gone for it on 4th and goal at the end of the game if they were down one.

Just too many hypotheticals.

Either way. I think if Aldrick makes the catch we win the game. That's the clearest cut thing I can think of.

Still though, team sport. Team shares the blame.

The entire situation, from the time RGIII re-injured himself in the Seattle game to today has been nothing but screwed up, with blame going to RGIII, Mike, and the media.

When a player can dictate when he's ready to play over a coach, its begging for a magnifying glass to point towards DC.

Believe me, I've heard more than my share of criticism just for putting up a non-favored poll !  Been called everything from dumb to having no idea what football is about, coming from some who have RGIII next to god, and who look through a tunnel at RGIII and nothing else.

Its simple; the guy is getting better, but this was against a Lions defensive secondary that is about as subject as ours, yet RGIII musters 1 TD.  Its clear he's rusty, and against Oakland, he had better shake it all off, because Denver isn't the Raiders; they will drive him into the ground. 

Manlove for RGIII is very personal for a lot of people; personally, I like the guy but at some point, the 'rusty' excuse has to get old. The entire team is sucking, and if the losing keeps happening, there's no chance of them reaching playoffs, and then it becomes a matter of protecting him for next season, or leaving him in the game in which he could suffer another injury.

If Mike is smart, at that point he should tell RGIII to keep his trap shut until he can back it up on a regular basis, and if the media comes knocking, don't answer the door...

The entire situation, from the time RGIII re-injured himself in the Seattle game to today has been nothing but screwed up, with blame going to RGIII, Mike, and the media.

When a player can dictate when he's ready to play over a coach, its begging for a magnifying glass to point towards DC.

Believe me, I've heard more than my share of criticism just for putting up a non-favored poll !  Been called everything from dumb to having no idea what football is about, coming from some who have RGIII next to god, and who look through a tunnel at RGIII and nothing else.

Its simple; the guy is getting better, but this was against a Lions defensive secondary that is about as subject as ours, yet RGIII musters 1 TD.  Its clear he's rusty, and against Oakland, he had better shake it all off, because Denver isn't the Raiders; they will drive him into the ground. 

Manlove for RGIII is very personal for a lot of people; personally, I like the guy but at some point, the 'rusty' excuse has to get old. The entire team is sucking, and if the losing keeps happening, there's no chance of them reaching playoffs, and then it becomes a matter of protecting him for next season, or leaving him in the game in which he could suffer another injury.

If Mike is smart, at that point he should tell RGIII to keep his trap shut until he can back it up on a regular basis, and if the media comes knocking, don't answer the door...

When did Robert dictate when he was going to play?  <_<

It's an opinion. Based on three consecutive games of losing-quality QB play.

It's a QB league and the team with the superior QB play will win a vast majority of the games. So...scoreboard.

Let's hope RG can outperform Terrelle Pryor this Sunday. If he does, we could win the game. If he doesn't, there's no telling how "defensive" some of us around here might get.

Edit: Also, I think it's time to drop the "rusty" cliche. He's had 12 quarters of action and 3 full weeks of practice as the starter. That's considerably more action than any starting QB gets in preseason.

Fair enough. I don't necessarily agree that Griffin has been the main reason why we are losing. I think that his play today was substantial. I think that he's getting it back. I agree that the rust factor is no longer an issue but he still does have to work out his new knee.

Since this is a thread about RG3 in particular I won't go any further.

Exactly you hit that nail on the head yo good job son. I like RG3 but he wont be the same with that knee. and here is the proof:

1. He dont trust his knee which is why he dont plant on it.

2. The bad passes leads to interceptions which leads to losing.

3. He cant run like he use to so we cant do the read option anymore.

4. no read option = average football which is why I say trade RG3 while we can and get some picks. 2 1st rounders easy. plus its a good draft class coming up next in college yo. Gotta be proactive to get ahead in this league son.

I think this is one of the trolls we've been warned about by the mods.

You can't be serious. You're either a clever troll or... I don't even know.

Man you right. You would think some of these fans like losing smh. 

Cousins cant stop the Philly offense man, lets be for real. But here's the thing: RG3 didn't even play 1 snap in preseason and we had him starting??? thats the reason to me why Philly got the big lead in the first place. It wasnt because of our defense, it was because we couldnt move the ball on offense because RG3 was rusty and didnt want to run like he used to. Come on man I know you at least gotta agree that RG3 starting put us in a bad spot, come on. Anybody watching could see he was hurting the team but at least Cousins would of given us a chance.

We were bad as a team I don't think Cousins makes a difference against Philly and he hurt himself I'm the preseason too so we don't know for sure what type of play we would get from him

RG3 didn't dictate when he would go in, he just said he was ready to.  As for the rust issue, how the hell does not playing solve it?  He practiced in training camp so apparently practice is not enough.  Do we just hold him out all year so he can play in next year's pre-season before the 2014 regular season starts?

It's

Edit:  Also, I think it's time to drop the "rusty" cliche.  He's had 12 quarters of action and 3 full weeks of practice as the starter.  That's considerably more action than any starting QB gets in preseason.

It's about more than rust though. It's more about building up confidence and trust back in your knee. Ask anyone who had the same surgery, it's scary being out there but once you get comfortable against live competition trying to rip your head off, you're fine. He needs this.

Nobody appreciates just how difficult it is to do what he is doing

Cleveland just won a game with their third stringer. We can't win with our supposed superstar.

Neither could the 49ers...

Neither could the Colts last week...

Steelers haven't won a game this year with a pro bowl QB...

Ugh, I've got to log out for a while.

Archived