Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Is Being Critical Of Rgiii So Blasphemous Here?

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

I don't think most of the posters have a problem with legit criticism (well some might). I think the problem lies with unsupported opinions, and all the Ego/commercials/bench his ass stuff. Some people may have legit criticism, but word it terribly to where it comes off as a personal attack almost. When you spout nonsense, you're going to catch heat. There have always been, and always will be homers here who don't like to see anything negative, but I think most people understand whats going on.

0-3 my dude. The record says it all, thats with our star qb starting. We aren't that bad. If cousins was playing we could be at 2-1 not 0-3.

And you base that on what, exactly?

Even a hobbled RGIII is faster than Cousins.  And with a line piss poor like ours, you have to be quick to survive. 

I have no problem being critical. His two turnovers today cost us this game and were both horrible, idiotic decisions.

He was supposed to have learned from Atlanta and Seattle last year about hanging around on the sideline waiting for someone to break

Open while a defender gains on him. He nearly

hot horsecollared which could have screwed up his legs and he made a dumb decicison throwing across his body and was picked. Throw it away andive to fight another day.

There is absolutely no excuse for not sliding either on his run and fumbling. Just a vinegars play.

My issue isn't with criticizing him it's with people wanting to bench him, questioning his character and work ethic or downright asking for him to be traded. Those are just ignorant comments IMO.

0-3 my dude. The record says it all, thats with our star qb starting. We aren't that bad. If cousins was playing we could be at 2-1 not 0-3.

We are what our record is...right now we are playing like crap. There is no way to know what our record would be with Kirk playing.

Well what the hell have we been waiting for? Put Cousins in there because he apparently can block, tackle, cover receivers, keep the idiot from bringing the ball out 7 yards into the end zone and prevent Aldrick Robinson from dropping a potential game-winning pass...

I've been trying to get over this for three weeks now but it is getting really ridiculous.

Guys, it is okay to criticize the dude. Just because I criticize him for making mistakes, it does not mean I am "turning" on him or want him gone.

While he is improving, his mistakes are not beyond reproach because of injury, 2012, or anything like that. I'm tired of seeing good posters flamed for saying his footwork needs work or something harmless like that.

I'm not talking about the idiots that want him traded. They're delusional. But I should not have to defend myself for saying his INT was a back-breaking turning point in the game.

I'd venture to say that 95% of the fan base would give him a damn kidney if needed (me included).

Same goes for Morris, Shanahan, and everyone else (well maybe not the kidney part for them)

Had to get that off of my chest.

Because a lot of people aren't being critical and are just ****ing and moaning. Few are, but there are also some calling for him to be benched in favor of Cousins which is just ridiculous. Also there are people saying his ego OFF the field hurt the team when the players themselves laughed that off. Talking about the play of Griffin on the field the last 3 weeks while keeping in mind he is coming off a major injury is one thing.... just hating, being short sighted and being ridiculous is another. Our insider comes on earlier in the week and says Griffin graded out well for the Green Bay game and people who aren't qualified or coaches wanted to argue with him.

Because a lot of people aren't being critical and are just ****ing and moaning. Few are, but there are also some calling for him to be benched in favor of Cousins which is just ridiculous. Also there are people saying his ego OFF the field hurt the team when the players themselves laughed that off. Talking about the play of Griffin on the field the last 3 weeks while keeping in mind he is coming off a major injury is one thing.... just hating, being short sighted and being ridiculous is another.

Very well put.

Bravo.

I'll add a caveat or two first, then continue on:

1) I haven't seen the game yet. I'll watch it tonight for the first time then once or twice during the week.

2) I don't hate RG3. In fact, I STILL think he's the best thing that's happened to us as a fan base/franchise.

Now that I have tried to prevent the swarm, I'll throw on my flame retardant gear.

I think the worst thing that happened to this team this year was Griffin opening his mouth to the media every step of the way about his status. Telling everyone he's cleared, etc, was something he should have left to the team and Coach Shanahan.

After Griffin declared he was cleared, there was no way Shanahan could put him on the bench. There would be a total revolt.

Now, Griffin playing now is good for the rust. Having said that, if we played our cards closer to the vest with the injury we could use both Cousins and Griffin.

Griffin is the best QB on this roster by a landslide. But the knee and rust have been a factor.

And you base that on what, exactly?

Even a hobbled RGIII is faster than Cousins.  And with a line piss poor like ours, you have to be quick to survive. 

wow lol I doubt that. Yall must think Cousins is sorry or something. I say that bcuz against Philly, we got off to a bad start because RG3 was so bad but if Cousins was in there we could have kept it close. Then RG3 was turning the ball over I just feel we would of had a better chance because RG3 wasnt ready. Then today RG3 still wasnt the same and he still threw a INT which is a no no. Cousins would of given us a better chance, all you gotta do is think about it for real and you will see.

What makes you think that?

Wow you really think we are bad, wheres the confidence in the team. We should be 2-1 at least. See the post above.

Not with the defense we're playing.  That D would give up 100 yards to Jim Brown in the first quarter if he suited up today.  That's right an 80 year old Jim Brown would torch Haslett's defense.  No tackling, no scheme, no discipline, and a whole bunch of penalties.

Because this message board has a very large population of angry homers and RG3 is the player seen as the savior of the franchise.  Plus let's face it there is a great deal of frustration surrounding this team right now because, admit it or not, RG3 is playing poorly and the rest of the team is right there with him.  So instead of venting that frustration by criticizing the savior and his supporting cast, they'll rip into anyone that does.  

My only criticism of RGIII so far this year, is that he seems slow to learn from his mistakes.. IMO, he should of already learned not to hold the ball as long and retreat as far, as he does when there just isn't anything there.. Learn to throw the damn thing away!! That and it appears he's never figured out how to slide like a normal quarterback (or human being) does.. lol..  Even when he does try feet first slides it looks painfully awkward.. Someone needs to spend a few minutes teaching him how to slide feet first.. (And Im not even kidding.. It really looks like he doesn't know how to do it!)

On the plus sides, he appears to be gaining confidence in the leg more each game.. Hopefully that continues until he's back as close as possible to last year. (as close as he can, wearing that bulky ass brace anyway)  His accuracy is still rusty at times, but you see those flashes, more and more each game, of how special his arm is as well..

It's freaky watching him try and be a pocket passer with that OL blocking though.. Actually scary most plays.. I wish Kyle would implement more roll outs and screens to slow the pass rush a bit, as well as feed Morris the rock -a lot- more often, especially when he's avg. nearly 7 ypc, like today..

Why'd we stop running the ball today? It was working.. <---- sorry for the derail.. Getting carried away... :ph34r:

I'll add a caveat or two first, then continue on:

1) I haven't seen the game yet. I'll watch it tonight for the first time then once or twice during the week.

2) I don't hate RG3. In fact, I STILL think he's the best thing that's happened to us as a fan base/franchise.

Now that I have tried to prevent the swarm, I'll throw on my flame retardant gear.

I think the worst thing that happened to this team this year was Griffin opening his mouth to the media every step of the way about his status. Telling everyone he's cleared, etc, was something he should have left to the team and Coach Shanahan.

After Griffin declared he was cleared, there was no way Shanahan could put him on the bench. There would be a total revolt.

Now, Griffin playing now is good for the rust. Having said that, if we played our cards closer to the vest with the injury we could use both Cousins and Griffin.

Griffin is the best QB on this roster by a landslide. But the knee and rust have been a factor.

I agree. All throughout spring/summer, he kept fanning flames, instead of extinguishing them ( or even attempting  to), and the way that things ended (with him clearing things up with the media) should've been how everything began. I know a lot of people held that opinion, and I know a lot of people that bashed that opinion, as if Griffin's words had no impact on what was going on.

Some people let that boil over into other aspects of his game/life, but I think people overall held no ill will towards him, but just wanted the circus to end.

Now, I think some of those same people are the ones advocating benching him because "His ego is out of control, and he duped everyone," and "This" and "That." But I think again, that most people realize that the team goes as he goes, and the only way for him to get better is to face this, and get through it (and learn from it)... Not bench him. People need to recognize that he has to do this. Despite what Skip Bayless says, the team didn't give away those picks just to give up on him and bench him when he hits a rough patch.

If you think that Cousins should be starting you need to lay off the stupid. I'm tired of it.

If you think that Griffin cost us the game I'd have to disagree with you. His two major mistakes, the interception and the fumble did not prevent a score. Sure, they could have scored on those drives but they could have scored in any one of the 15 other drives but they didn't.

If you want to lay blame on one particular person for losing the game for us then you blame Aldrick Robinson. He catches that ball and we win the game. I'd be fine with laying the blame on Robinson. Really though, it's a team sport and the whole team deserves the blame.

So yeah, don't be stupid and blame Griffin for the loss today. If you must look for a scapegoat then I'd look elsewhere.

If you take that as me calling anyone a hater for critiquing Griffin, so be it.

All I know is he's 9-10 as a starter and that's just not good enough.  There is still plenty of time for improvement but this season is basically over, and RG3 is the main reason why.

He should expect a great deal of criticism.  He's earned it, both on and off the field.

Thank you somebody gets it. 

ExtremeSkins you can keep talking **** about our QB, at least we don't have Colin Caepernick! I'll take a one legged soon to be healthy at some point this season RG3, over a fully healthy terrible QB anyday. Robert IS getting better physically, he had some mental errors today, they can be corrected. Critique him all you want, but the fact is he is on the way back from a MAJOR knee injury. The Forty Niners Qb has NO excuse, just bad play.

Archived