Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Is Being Critical Of Rgiii So Blasphemous Here?

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Exactly you hit that nail on the head yo good job son. I like RG3 but he wont be the same with that knee. and here is the proof:

1. He dont trust his knee which is why he dont plant on it.

2. The bad passes leads to interceptions which leads to losing.

3. He cant run like he use to so we cant do the read option anymore.

4. no read option = average football which is why I say trade RG3 while we can and get some picks. 2 1st rounders easy. plus its a good draft class coming up next in college yo. Gotta be proactive to get ahead in this league son.

Is this guy serious? I cant tell if youre being sarcastic, but in case you arent.... First, if hes just going to be average, why the hell would anyone give us 2 first rounders "easy"? Second, his passes looked much better today than the last two weeks. You can see that hes starting to plant a little better on the leg and getting more zip on his passes.

There is a difference between being critical and attacking the guy personally calling him a primadonna and make accusations of big timing the team. There is a difference between critcism and constructive criticism. I feel like the kid has done enough in the last year to earn some cushion before we come out with the pitchforks. No one is saying the INT wasn't a bonehead move or the fumble wasnt an unecessary bonehead manouvre but the bench calls are in no way constructive. It is the same few members calling for the guys head every week as though we have better options...

understand all of that but most ppl that I am talking about are calling for a benching or any other of that dumb stuff.

Simple football-related critiques get flamed. I posted in the offseason that I felt he had sloppy footwork even before the injury and the response was nuts lol

I'm all for balanced criticism of RG - critiquing his decision making process while on the field, overthrowing receivers, footwork not being where it needs to be at, etc - however that criticism should also be balanced with accepting the fact that RG is coming off of major knee surgery. That doesn't make him immune to criticism because he - and he alone - is responsible for his performance.

However, the knee jerk and reactionary criticism - blaming the off season hype on this teams poor performance thus far, blaming RG's parents for the read option not being used consistently, calls for Kirk to start instead of RG - is off base.

We are playing like poo right now, no doubt - RG included.

No one said RGIII is beyond criticism. He has received plenty of criticism that has been echoed on this board since the beginning of the season.  I would also counter and ask why others feel that coming off knee surgery reconstruction he should either look like his 2012 self right now or be benched.   

What really is hurting this team is that everything is all going wrong at once.  It is the "perfect storm"

If the team had a good defense, or even an ok defense, they still would have been in pretty good position to win today.  It's not like the Lions looked fantastic out there, they looked just good enough to beat a garbage defense and an offense that is out of sync being anchored by a QB coming off surgery.  And even then, if Aldrick Robison catches a 57 TD pass right into his hands, the 'Skins take the lead and possibly win. 

Snyder basically held his hand during his ACL surgery, goes to dinner with he, his fiance and family etc.

Snyder doesn't do this for all the players, just his "favorites"

That is why I feel like RGIII may be causing some resentment in the locker room.

You're seriously de-railing the thread with this stuff man

Snyder basically held his hand during his ACL surgery, goes to dinner with he, his fiance and family etc.

That is why I feel like RGIII may be causing some resentment in the locker room.

Ah. In other words, you don't know, and you're speculating.

Is this guy serious? I cant tell if youre being sarcastic, but in case you arent.... First, if hes just going to be average, why the hell would anyone give us 2 first rounders "easy"? Second, his passes looked much better today than the last two weeks. You can see that hes starting to plant a little better on the leg and getting more zip on his passes.

hey im just saying that he wont be the same RG3 we came to love last year because for one, he's not gonna run like he used to and two, the team probably wont let him. How many read options have you seen this year so far? That should tell you all you need to know and that was our bread and butter all last year. Just the facts my dude. Yeah he might be getting better planting his foot but for for real he's not gonna make plays with his feet anymore im just telling you what I know. so what Im saying is that if he cant run then he is just average and the longer we keep him then the more obvious it is, so thats why I say trade him before he loses his value

Gots to love throwing around wild accusations based on no facts whatsoever.

Some of the critical posts are warranted but the personal attacks on his family and his person are despicable.

We really should employ RG2 as a consultant as to how to play his son huh? Let him format our scheme that fits what he wants for his boy?

Yeah, that is as ridiculous as it it is me being facetious. 

But no more so than you or anyone continuing to take offence at the mere suggestion his father should keep his darn mouth SHUT in public and have NOTHING to do with his sons career here. Who's the player here? Robert or Robert senior? 

But I'm derailing the thread so we'll leave it at these two posts. 

Hail. 

hey im just saying that he wont be the same RG3 we came to love last year because for one, he's not gonna run like he used to and two, the team probably wont let him. How many read options have you seen this year so far? That should tell you all you need to know and that was our bread and butter all last year. Just the facts my dude. Yeah he might be getting better planting his foot but for for real he's not gonna make plays with his feet anymore im just telling you what I know. so what Im saying is that if he cant run then he is just average and the longer we keep him then the more obvious it is, so thats why I say trade him before he loses his value

Why stop there...trade everyone for a first round draft pick and draft an entirly new team...ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!

You can be critical because he still makes dumb mistakes. That INT was a dumb mistake. The fumble was a dumb mistake. Just because he's improving doesn't mean he gets a Get Out Of Jail Free card.

This is part of the reason.  A get out of jail free card?  Failure to be great is not a crime

Why stop there...trade everyone for a first round draft pick and draft an entirly new team...ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!

lol nah man lets not go crazy man lol.

He's not going to make plays with his feet? Oh except the plays he made with his feet today?

im talking bout from the read option. of course he can scramble and get yards. Im talking about designed runs famly.

Yes, you can be critical of Robert Griffin III, but you also have to take into account of what had happened to him (major knee surgery).

First off, the interception and slide are very poor plays be him, irregardless of his knee and coming back into football form. Those were unnecessary and could have been easily avoidable. However, when we were driving down, he did play smart and throw the ball out of bounds when the defender had him wrapped up; hopefully an example of him learning.

As for saying he's not trusting his knee, I don't believe that. He cut hard on one play where his knee was facing a completely different direction and at a strange angle but he kept upright and continued to run after the cut. Plus, he covered the ball up on the batched snap and had his knee planted on the ground and pushed up.

He needs to play smarter still and continue to be out there. He also needs to remember he isn't the ONLY player on the field and continue to play for another down. It's okay to have incomplete passes. We shall see, hopefully against the Raiders he can get his "swagger" back.

Cousins is not the answer.  I can't understand why people are so quick to give up on RGIII.

He is getting better each week, although no where near what we expected.  Changing QBs at this point is an admission that we are giving up on the man we spent 2 first rounders on.  It should only happen if he completely tanks this and first part of next season. 

He needs a defense that can support him.  He needs to regain confidence in his knee.  And he needs better OL play.  Much better OL play. 

And then a lot is on his newly-found mistake prone status, too.  That has to be nipped in the bud. 

If cousins has to take over starting, we might as well begin rebuilding again. 

Archived