Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I really like Gabe Jackson as well. He and the Bulldog OL completely dominated the LSU front 4. I mean completely. 

Like jk said, if we go RT in the 2nd, and Jackson is still there in the 3rd, our OL would have great potential.

I mean, Trent, CJ and Gabe on the same line? Talk about BEEF

I hope we stay put and get one of the 4 O-Lineman still there or Jernigan, Nix, Tuitt and maybe Ealy. The skeptical , jaded Redskin fan in me worries that the pick will be Kyle Van Noy or Marcus Martin though.

Teams that got a QB:

Jacksonville

Cleveland

Minnesota

Teams that possibly still need/want a QB:

Oakland

Arizona

Tennessee

Tampa

Houston

Available high rated QBs:

Carr

Garapalo

Mettenberger

McCarron

Savage

Murray

You have to think Houston, if they're going to take a QB, takes one at 33. That may give us a chance to trade back I done of those other teams want to get "their guy" before others get a chance. With the plethora of first round talent I think that also sets us up in a way we can realistically trade back in the 2nd to garner a 3rd or 4th.

I think there a chance that one of those five teams may value Cousins better than one of those 5 I listed. If that's the case, maybe we can grab a 3rd still for Cousins.

With the amount of 1st round talent still on the board there should be some great value even in the 3rd for this draft.

Best care, semi realistic scenario...we trade back and pick up and extra 4th and trade cousins for a 3rd. We still get a 1st round talent in the second, and have two thirds and two fourths that may have a chance to still get legitimate quality guys

This draft seems super deep. Trade back 1/2 a round, pick up another pick and STILL draft that tackle.

Trade back would be ideal, though I'd rather move back a handful of spots.

If we go oline - Moses and Bitonio may make the most sense due to their versatility. Bitonio allows us to take either RT or G later, while Moses could possibly start at RT and is good insurance for Trent.

I'd give the edge to Bitonio though since my impression is that he, Sua'Filo and 2-3 of the dlinemen are the safest picks.

If we had had a first round pick, I'd be more inclined to take a bigger risk (with the pick or trading further back).

Manziel is reminding me of Tebow right now.  Late 1st round pick Heisman trophy winner who had a cult following, but was a complete bust in the NFL.

I think he's actually being put into a pretty decent position to succeed, and has a much better skill-set than Tebow of course. I think it's a lazy comparison honestly. And I see why it's an attractive one, because the media coverage they each get is annoying.

Cyrus Kouandjio...

A slow, weak, non-agile tackle. Please no don't do this. 

Su'a-Filo or Bitonio as OG would be so much better. Roby, Bucannon and Shazier are gone, best value at a need available. 

Please make it happen.

That knee injury happened 3 years ago, nothing since, has been cleared by Dr. James Andrews. His brother hurt both knees very badly so the lingering concern about him stems more from that and fear of a chronic issue. Andrews works with Alabama and Skins, so he would have most info on this. 

Because the team doctor has cleared him and his ceiling, according to some draft reports and also IMO, is higher than the 2 guards. If your team doctor has cleared a player and you think his ceiling is high and he grades better than the rest available then you should take him. If teams let injury scares always dictate who they draft the Vikings wouldn't have Adrian Peterson.

The injury argument goes both ways. His ceiling being slightly higher adds value but possible injury issues degrade it. You'd have to think most of these guys' final value is pretty close and given our lack of first rounders the last several years it is even more important to get these picks right.

I would be happy with either of these two guys but given that our interior line was an even bigger problem last year than polumbus and the scariness of our play action game off the running game I think it would be wise to take the sure thing road grading guard and continue to build a strong interior line for Alfred to run behind. There are several great options so long as we come away with a day one starter I will be happy.

Something to be worried about with Jernigan. He's a NT, that's below 300 pounds, with T-Rex arms. Now he's athletic, so he's gotten by very well at the college level. But in the NFL, where everyone's more talented, with better technique, do we really think he'll do as well?

His arm length is 31.5 inches. He's not really going to contribute as a pass rusher. I don't see him as BPA at #34. Later in round 2, alright. But now, no.

yeah maybe Hageman then I just want the pass rush be relentless and putting a lot talent there we could be fierce even with our secondary. There are a lot good players out there I just don't want us to gamble on players with prior injuries considering our bad luck.

I think he's actually being put into a pretty decent position to succeed, and has a much better skill-set than Tebow of course. I think it's a lazy comparison honestly. And I see why it's an attractive one, because the media coverage they each get is annoying.

No QB should complain about getting to throw to Josh Gordon, and to a lesser extent Jordan Cameron.

I really don't think we can go wrong at this point.

Tuitt would make the DLine ridiculous.

Su'a-Filo is the top rated guard and would immediately kick Chester off the roster.

At tackle you've got Cyrus, Morgan, and Joel.

Jace Amaro is there if you want to add another dimension to our TE corp.

No secondary guys really jump out at me, but we're in a good spot.  If we want a tackle, and we like all three of those guys, maybe we leverage a tradeback, pick up an extra 3rd or 4th, and take them in the mid-40s.

Don't forget Louis Nix - having a true NT and moving Cofield to DE along with Hatcher would make a big impact on our defense IMO. I can see us taking a RT and would be happy with the value there but adding Nix would make a bigger impact IMO.

I don't think we really have the luxury of going discount shopping for our O-line...

Well, that's exactly my point; I don't think we would be bargain hunting at guard in the 3rd or beyond because the position is being undervalued this draft.

Absolutely go OT in the 2nd.

Don't forget Louis Nix - having a true NT and moving Cofield to DE along with Hatcher would make a big impact on our defense IMO. I can see us taking a RT and would be happy with the value there but adding Nix would make a bigger impact IMO.

The right side of the OLine is dreadful. An upgrade at right tackle is long overdue.

Archived