Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

The infighting and arguing in this topic is senseless......One can't see the few posts that actually contribute to the topic.

I agree.

I will stop and move it to PM if skinny would like to continue.

Haha, not a matter of believing... simply a matter of accepting possibilities, which doesn't mesh with the idea that results matter and intent doesn't.

BTW, edited my last post, curious about your thoughts there.

Send it to PM.

The infighting and arguing in this topic is senseless.

Unless you all know exactly what the Redskins' plan is now and going forward into the future, unless you all were actually in the draft room, saw the draft board, and listened to what the FO and coaching staff had to say about certain players and how they fit the plan, you know nothing.

I come to this topic daily hoping to see something more than this infighting and arguing. One can't see the few posts that actually contribute to the topic.

I both want to apologize and (ironically - and childishly) want to say that you kind of reiterated my point. We don't know what they info etc they had so we can't make definitive conclusions about the topic.

Anyway - DG and I are going in circles but (I believe) we both respect eachother... and that we should drop it for the sanity of others on here.

As far as ILB, I'll be surprised if KRobinson isn't the starter beside Riley. Jordan backs up KRob, Heyward backs up Riley, Compton stays for depth, and Sharpton misses the cut.

That's as it doubtless will be and that worries the living piss out of me.

Perry's a competent starter who I like a lot ..... with an experienced, quality guy like Fletch in his prime alongside him. He's no MIKE and asking him to step up and be the signal caller/ leader of the D with what will be in effect akin to a rook in Keenan has disaster for the interim at least written all over it.

I seriously hope they find a way to get Heywatd on the field or else both fans and in particular FO/ Coaches need to have a LOT of patience to let them grow through the inevitable mistakes.

I seriously can't believe they haven't addressed ILB to any significant degree shy of just adding bodies this off-season.

Hail.

No clue.  I don't even know what to think about that other ILB spot.  Will it be a timeshare for run stuffers, then more of a coverage guy on 3rd down?  What about the rumors that Murphy will get playing time in tons of spots, including as the 4th linebacker on the field with Riley/Kerrigan/Orakpo?

I don't know what to expect, and I guess we'll only find out more once training camp gets here.

I hope its not a timeshare. I would like there to be clear cut starters that play together and develop chemistry. The guy Iike most is Hayward he has the speed of a WILL backer speed and coverage but good enough size to possibly play Jack. I doubt Murph will play ILB in the base 34. But with his attitude and playing style he seems like a Jack ILB all the way.

Not that I put much stock into it the 'insiders' seem to be touting Keenan Robinson as the guy.

I think the chances of Long and Moses starting day 1 are pretty dubious.  Russell (and for whatever he's worth, Russell does seem to release information for the team) said he'd be shocked if Moses played for them early in the year, and that would be a bad thing.

I think C, RG and RT are all up for competition.  I think the most likely scenario is that Kory starts at C and Polumbus at RT, and it's a complete ? to who starts at RG.  I HOPE it's not Chester, because that means that somebody beat him out.  

That would give them 3 new positions (Kory being the third, moving from LG to C) on the OL out of 5.  I'm not sure that they really would like to change more than that right away. And then Moses comes in at some point down the road.

I with you 100% on hoping Chester isn't the starter at RG. I was surprised Monty was cut and Chester wasn't. My hope for Long as starter is pretty much based on his draft position and Chester's suckitude. A 3rd round OG should be able to beat out Chris Chester.

I agree about Tyler also, I've been saying for awhile that Tyler wasn't as bad as people like to think last year BUT at the same time an upgrade at RT would be a huge benefit to this offense.

On defense, that's exactly my prediction if they go 3-3-5, but generally don't they go 4-2-5 in nickle, and 3-4-4 in base?  

Yup, nickel is usually 4-2-5 w/ Rak+Ryan as stand up DEs and Bowen+Cofield. I guess this year it will be Rak-Hatcher-Cofield-Ryan.

Archived